Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 09:09 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Is the assumption that African Americans do not have interest in investing in stocks and bonds? That their retirement funds, foundations, and union pension funds do not benefit from success of Wall St investment firms? Do not African American businesses benefit from venture capital funds? Or do you only see African Americans through the lens of a welfare check?
So in other words you are saying that

• African Americans want Hillary Clinton because they are interesting in making money in the stock market.
  • They will vote for Hillary because she has taken money from Wall Street
  • In return Hillary will support policies that gives Wall Street an unfair advantage, protect them at taxpayer expense should their risks go bad, and look the other way when they break laws.
Well that works until the next crash happens and millions lose out while the bastards who caused it get even richer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2016, 09:17 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So in other words you are saying that

• African Americans want Hillary Clinton because they are interesting in making money in the stock market.
  • They will vote for Hillary because she has taken money from Wall Street
  • In return Hillary will support policies that gives Wall Street an unfair advantage, protect them at taxpayer expense should their risks go bad, and look the other way when they break laws.
Well that works until the next crash happens and millions lose out while the bastards who caused it get even richer.
What is it you are saying?

That no African Americans own stocks? That none of them have pensions, 401K's or other investments?

Hillary will obviously NOT support policies that give Wall street an unfair advantage.

For starters - let's get rid of Citizens United. Corporations are not people too.

Old 02-13-2016, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
What is it you are saying?

That no African Americans own stocks? That none of them have pensions, 401K's or other investments?

Hillary will obviously NOT support policies that give Wall street an unfair advantage.

For starters - let's get rid of Citizens United. Corporations are not people too.
Responses.
  • What am I saying? Read the post you replied to.
  • I have no idea what African American's own beyond those I know. I assume that many own stocks and bonds. But no matter, the question is irrelevant.
  • You have no idea what Hillary will do once elected. But she has gone on record and stated that she won't bring back any type of banking reform like Glass Stegall. It's quite obvious why she takes this stand.
  • If it was up to me, the entire concept of a "corporation" would be removed from American Law. But that isn't going to happen and it's also irrelevant to the topic.

Old 02-13-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Responses.
  • What am I saying? Read the post you replied to.
  • I have no idea what African American's own beyond those I know. I assume that many own stocks and bonds. But no matter, the question is irrelevant.
  • You have no idea what Hillary will do once elected. But she has gone on record and stated that she won't bring back any type of banking reform like Glass Stegall. It's quite obvious why she takes this stand.
  • If it was up to me, the entire concept of a "corporation" would be removed from American Law. But that isn't going to happen and it's also irrelevant to the topic.
Really. What is your candidate's position (Trump) on Glass Steagall? I'm not sure he's even mentioned it but perhaps it got lost there amongst his hair spray concerns.

What is the importance of Glass Steagall on this economy?

Is it your opinion that Glass Steagall was the cause of the recession? You would be entirely wrong.

Old 02-13-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Really. What is your candidate's position (Trump) on Glass Steagall?
Topic is not about Trump.

But there is more here.

Robert Reich - Hillary Clinton’s Glass-Steagall

Old 02-13-2016, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Topic is not about Trump.

But there is more here.

Robert Reich - Hillary Clinton’s Glass-Steagall
The topic YOU raised was Glass Steagall and you failed to answer any of my questions.

Are these your talking points for the day?

Old 02-13-2016, 09:56 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
Quote:
The topic YOU raised was Glass Steagall and you failed to answer any of my questions.

So because Trump hasn't spoken on it, it's okay that Hillary won't reinstate it?

Old 02-13-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
So because Trump hasn't spoken on it, it's okay that Hillary won't reinstate it?
Poster is bashing Hillary for her position on Glass Steagall and I am curious as to the view of the poster's chosen candidate.

Do tell what is wrong with that.

What is the immediate return on reinstating Glass Steagall?

Old 02-13-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:

I addressed everything you asked except for anything that is off topic.

It's clear that you would rather make the issue about me or talk about Trump rather than the fact that Hillary Clinton has been bought and paid for by Wall Street. And like Obama, she will insure they continue to steal from the rest of us.

There is no justification for supporting someone like this.

Old 02-13-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I addressed everything you asked except for anything that is off topic.

It's clear that you would rather make the issue about me or talk about Trump rather than the fact that Hillary Clinton has been bought and paid for by Wall Street. And like Obama, she will insure they continue to steal from the rest of us.

There is no justification for supporting someone like this.
I see you added to this. YOU brought up Glass Steagall and you failed to answer any questions.

Time to let it go.

You have no idea where your own candidate stands on this issue (he's NOT for reinstating Glass Steagall, by the way) so stop bashing Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections