Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 12:20 PM

39,221 posts, read 27,592,812 times

Advertisements

The big bankers love Clinton, and by and large they badly want her to be president. Many of the rich and powerful in the financial industry—among them, Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein, Morgan Stanley CEO James Gorman, consider Clinton a pragmatic problem-solver not prone to populist rhetoric. They want her and they want her badly.

This said, I am undecided. But I am considering Trump or Bernie Sanders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2016, 12:22 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I see you added to this. YOU brought up Glass Steagall and you failed to answer any questions.
I brought it up because she does not intend to bring any banking reform. And obviously this is because Wall Street gives her so much money. This is 100% counter to what Bernie Sanders and the Warren wing of the Democrat party want. This is why Bernie Sanders has devastated Hillary in all but the oldest demographics.

Old 02-13-2016, 12:27 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I brought it up because she does not intend to bring any banking reform. And obviously this is because Wall Street gives her so much money. This is 100% counter to what Bernie Sanders and the Warren wing of the Democrat party want. This is why Bernie Sanders has devastated Hillary in all but the oldest demographics.
I asked you what your candidate supported and you refused to answer. But I see you have no problem bringing Bernie into it. Interesting, that.

Bottom line - Trump is NOT for reinstating Glass Steagall. Your candidate. The one you are voting for. That you refuse to bring into this thread as 'off topic' yet have no problem bringing Bernie in.

Old 02-13-2016, 12:35 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
I asked you what your candidate supported and you refused to answer. But I see you have no problem bringing Bernie into it. Interesting, that.

Bottom line - Trump is NOT for reinstating Glass Steagall. Your candidate. The one you are voting for. That you refuse to bring into this thread as 'off topic' yet have no problem bringing Bernie in.

Topic is not about Trump.

Old 02-13-2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Topic is not about Trump.
Another non-answer. Topic is not about Bernie either, but you managed to bring him up.

Trump is not for reinstating Glass Steagall.

Glass Steagall is just a talking point for you and has no meaning.

Glass Steagall is not the problem.

Old 02-13-2016, 12:53 PM

39,221 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
(he's NOT for reinstating Glass Steagall, by the way) .
Not so fast.

In an interview with Bloomberg's Mark Halperin in August 2015, when asked if he approved of the Volcker Rule, Trump said, "Well I’m not sure if [Paul Volcker] likes it, but if he’s — you know what, honestly, Mark, if he’s happy, I’m happy. He was a terrific guy. I’ve met him a few times. And I thought he was terrific. But I think his policy and his demeanor — there was something very solid about him.” Trump’s “if he’s happy, I’m happy” answer suggests that his stance on the rule mirrors that of Paul Volcker himself.

As it turns out, Paul Volcker is “happy” with the rule, and he actually wants the rule implemented faster than Wall Street is currently allowing.

This said

Wall Street is afraid of Trump. The Street claims he is too unpredictable. That is not why it hates him. On the Street, “unpredictable” means “we don’t own him and can’t control him.” It is further proof that the likes of Obama and Clinton are and have always been ready, willing and able to be ‘bought’. Wall Street is throwing millions of dollars against Trump, hoping desperately someone, anyone, can unseat him from his throne atop the polls. Trump’s grasp on the middle class consciousness may be very difficult to unclasp.

Trump, with all his blemishes, may be the only thing standing between Wall Street and the complete economic destruction of America’s middle class.

Trump — Key To Ending Wall Street

Old 02-14-2016, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Not so fast.

In an interview with Bloomberg's Mark Halperin in August 2015, when asked if he approved of the Volcker Rule, Trump said, "Well I’m not sure if [Paul Volcker] likes it, but if he’s — you know what, honestly, Mark, if he’s happy, I’m happy. He was a terrific guy. I’ve met him a few times. And I thought he was terrific. But I think his policy and his demeanor — there was something very solid about him.” Trump’s “if he’s happy, I’m happy” answer suggests that his stance on the rule mirrors that of Paul Volcker himself.

As it turns out, Paul Volcker is “happy” with the rule, and he actually wants the rule implemented faster than Wall Street is currently allowing.

This said

Wall Street is afraid of Trump. The Street claims he is too unpredictable. That is not why it hates him. On the Street, “unpredictable” means “we don’t own him and can’t control him.” It is further proof that the likes of Obama and Clinton are and have always been ready, willing and able to be ‘bought’. Wall Street is throwing millions of dollars against Trump, hoping desperately someone, anyone, can unseat him from his throne atop the polls. Trump’s grasp on the middle class consciousness may be very difficult to unclasp.

Trump, with all his blemishes, may be the only thing standing between Wall Street and the complete economic destruction of America’s middle class.

Trump — Key To Ending Wall Street
Wall Street is afraid of Trump because the market does not like instability. It's not necessarily a matter of 'control' but more a matter that Trump is a loose cannon and could wreak havoc everywhere - thus impacting the markets. I mean, I want the markets to do well because, like most of us, have investments.

Old 02-14-2016, 09:12 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
The top three Wall Street money takers so far are

Jeb Bush $36 Million
Hillary $15 Million
Cruz $12 Million
Teddy that anti establishment candidate took millions from wall street ? I am shocked Sad that conservatives can fall for fake anti establishment candidates and radio personalities just be because they claim to be. You have to read between the lines people.

Old 02-14-2016, 11:15 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,244,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
The democrat party will continue to "support" the black communities exactly the way they always have. The shocking part is WHY the black communities continue to vote in lock step for the democrats.
Because the Republican party makes no real effort to reach out to Black Americans. Or for that matter people living in cities. They just concede them to the Democrats.

Not to make it sound like a giant conspiracy, but the corporate establishment LIKES IT THAT WAY. There really is no difference between the two parties, both are in thrall to their corporate sponsors. Oh they throw a few bones to their liberal and conservative wings but it is really just bread and circuses to make voters think that they are making a difference.

They want us divided. But what if the working and middle classes, white, black and brown all united? That is what the establishment fears the most - that people might wake up and support someone like Trump or Bernie Sanders who they cannot control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections