Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 07:07 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,300,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
Marco Rubio: "a country where life starts at conception and marriage is between a man and a woman"

LOL. They just dig themselves deeper and deeper with every show. Yes it's a show. Like Jerry Springer.
So, you think that everyone agrees with YOU?

There are still more conservatives in this country than leftists. That's a fact.

And, by the way, marriage is not a creation of man; it was ordained by God, and he didn't say it could be whatever we want it to be, it is between a man and a woman. Period.

So-called "gay marriage" is a counterfeit. It's a fraud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 07:09 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,300,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
I found those statements absolutely disgusting. Cruz and Rubio are way to radical on social issues. They'll never win foaming at the mouth with hate. It's divisive, unpopular, and proves that they are unelectable. These are settled issues, it's insane to keep beating a dead horse.
Acknowledging that life begins at conception is "radical?" Really? When do you think it begins?

Old 02-14-2016, 07:16 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,529,442 times
Default No Conservative will be elected President for the foreseeable future

I don't necessarily agree.

If the GOP can divorce itself from the irrational religious right and return to a reasonable policy-focused organization, then they'd have a very good likelihood of reclaiming the White House. But they appear to be doubling down on bible thumping and minority bashing.

Old 02-14-2016, 07:17 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,298,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
You will never be able to reason with people that depend on government for their support. People are just not courageous enough to bite the hand that feeds them and that is why government wants more government. It is like packing an audience with people to boo the front runner or listening to every talking head on the TV; none of them really wants change. They will campaign on the promise of change; but they really like the status quo.
You just perfectly described the handout/entitlement relationship between the mainstream politicians on both sides and big business.

While Trump passes the "outsider" test, he's not above being beholden to special intersests, and he certainly doesn't have the disposition, nor a global understanding to be POTUS. I think he'd be a disaster for the economy, and worse for our National Security.

Old 02-14-2016, 07:20 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,298,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I don't necessarily agree.

If the GOP can divorce itself from the irrational religious right and return to a reasonable policy-focused organization, then they'd have a very good likelihood of reclaiming the White House. But they appear to be doubling down on bible thumping and minority bashing.
I agree. I've voted 90% left all my life, and I WANT to like the Republicans. I WANT to put a (fiscally) conservative in the whitehouse, and I WANT to get gov't out of my day to day life.

The Democrats fail on all of these points, unfortunately the GOP is worse in practice (much better if you listen to them, but don't actually look at their actions....)

Old 02-14-2016, 07:27 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,130,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
You just perfectly described the handout/entitlement relationship between the mainstream politicians on both sides and big business.

While Trump passes the "outsider" test, he's not above being beholden to special intersests, and he certainly doesn't have the disposition, nor a global understanding to be POTUS. I think he'd be a disaster for the economy, and worse for our National Security.

Possibly you are right? However we all know that special interest does not work for the average man or woman in our Country. We are desperate and want the system broken. Even though rough around the edges; Trump is the only hope for our future.

We pass out H1B's, H2B's, green cards, visas like candy and turn a blind eye on illegal immigration and then we have the pending automation revolution - American workers do not stand a chance. It is now or never and I admit that I could be wrong. I will not make the same mistake in four years; like many Democrats made with our current President that promised 'change'.

What I do know is that the establishment does not want Trump. The media does not want Trump and his own Party is not that fond of Trump. Just wants me to vote for him that much more!

Old 02-14-2016, 07:35 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,519,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
Marco Rubio: "a country where life starts at conception and marriage is between a man and a woman"

LOL. They just dig themselves deeper and deeper with every show. Yes it's a show. Like Jerry Springer.
That will be a total turn-off in the general election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonnatian View Post
^Agreed. I'm not a republican by any stretch of the imagination, but if I had to pick a republican I'd be a lot happier with Trump than Cruz or Rubio (both highly untrustworthy) or Caraon (inept).
I'd have to agree. The republicans needs to stick to their fiscal message and stop bible thumping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Actually drifting from that has made this a "Jerry Springer" World.
No. The Republican debate last night was a Jerry Springer show and that is no ones fault but their own.

Old 02-14-2016, 07:48 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,658,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
No, he just wants to ban 1.6 billion people from entering the US. A moderate, he ain't.
......and allowing all of those tens of millions into the US increases "the wealth gap" that liberals are so concerned about (as we should be).

So which is it?

1. more and more uneducated, unskilled illegals on the public dole?

2. higher "wealth gap"

3. more and more jobs being exported increasing "the wealth gap"?

Libs are a perplexing bunch. The complain about the economic consequences of their political beliefs:
1. open borders
2. high taxes
3. high corporate taxes
4. NAFTA, Pac Rim, China trade
5. repeal of Glass Steagle
6. Massive EPA regulations
7. massive J-1 visas to displace US workers

............................yet they want more!!!!!

Old 02-14-2016, 07:58 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I've never understood the libs.

I deal with them the way one deals with "whack a mole."

You certainly can't reason with them.
Yeah, because the Grand Obstructionist Party is loaded with reasonable people, eh?

Old 02-14-2016, 08:41 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,291,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
So, you think that everyone agrees with YOU?

There are still more conservatives in this country than leftists. That's a fact.

And, by the way, marriage is not a creation of man; it was ordained by God, and he didn't say it could be whatever we want it to be, it is between a man and a woman. Period.

So-called "gay marriage" is a counterfeit. It's a fraud.
If that is the case, why have you lost the popular vote in 5 of the last 6 Presidential elections?

Presidential elections are the only true national elections and conservatives have lost the popular vote 83% of the time in the last 24 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections