Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 07:10 AM

16,375 posts, read 22,596,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
I'm not concerned about the Latino vote. I'm concerned about the "American" vote which includes all citizens.

13% of the voters in the general election will be of Latino decent and they are American Citizens, else they wouldn't be allowed to vote.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:15 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,374,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
It's not a conspiracy. It's openly discussed.
Exactly. How can it be a conspiracy when I was just reading about it in the newspapers?

Old 02-15-2016, 07:18 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,346,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Republicans hate this pope because he shows genuine compassion for "the other" And does not follow "supply side Jesus". That is a sin in their eyes.
He's just a little too Christian for their tastes. They want a Christian country in name because it makes them feel like they are good people if they call themselves that, but not in practice (though they will continue to fight the war on Christmas).

I'd have more respect for them if they stopped the hypocrisy and admit they really are not Christians at all.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:20 AM

63,489 posts, read 29,531,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Yea, well he can kiss his Latino vote (as if he really had that many) goodbye. There is also a large portion of the country yet to vote that is Catholic. This is easily the most stupid thing he's done to date in this race, and Im not even Catholic. Whats next? Is he going to insult the Dali Llama and challenge him to a Twitter war? Trump is a classless, tasteless piece of human excrement.

Most Latinos weren't going to vote for him anyway because of his stance on illegal immigration. The Catholic Church just wants more donations in the collection plate and many if not most Latinos are Catholics. No surprise that he wants more Latinos here even if they come illegally.

Old 02-15-2016, 08:16 AM

68,410 posts, read 54,706,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
The pope chided America for not opening our borders to allow illegals and Muslim refugees to waltz in as they please. How many illegals or Muslim refugees did the Vatican City allow in? Oh, well they did allow one refugee family in, the father, mother and two kids, but they weren't Muslims , they were Melkite Greek Catholics from Damascus. Any person who tries to illegally enter Vatican City to stay is deported if they are found. The Catholic Church is very wealthy, certainly they can afford to financially support more refugees than one single family and even support illegals, too. And, why didn't they bring in a Muslim family instead of a Christian family? They expect others to take in Muslims but they won't.

Yes the land area in the Vatican City is small, but, if you compare the population density between Vatican City and the same sized land area in NYC then you'd find that the Vatican City only has 1/4 of the population that the same sized land area in NYC has. So, they do indeed have room to bring in more than one single family.

I don't know about you, OP, but I don't like non-citizens telling us how to run our country. It may be fine with you but it's not fine with me.
Yet the RW Congress invites Netanyahu to visit and do just that.

Old 02-15-2016, 08:17 AM

8,069 posts, read 7,014,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
As if we needed more proof Trump has no shame, class or decency. He also thinks the Pope is working with Mexico in a plot against the US to allow more illegals to come into the country? This guy is literally crazy, more so than the clueless idiots who support this reality show circus clown.

Trump Blasts Pope on Mexican Immigration, He
I'm no fan of the Catholic Church(I grew up Catholic) and I believe the Vatican is highly political but as usual Trump is just talking a lot of nonsense without substance. He is just repeating the same garbage conservative radio conspiracists have been saying for years. Mexico does not control the Vatican and they don't make the Pope do anything. Trump has no idea what he is talking about, but what else is new?

Quote:
“I think that the Pope is a very political person,” Trump responded, before adding that he thinks the Pope is being used by Mexico to advance its interests against the United States.

“I think he doesn’t understand the problems our country has,” he continued. “I don’t think he understands the danger of the open border that we have with Mexico. And I think Mexico got him to do it because Mexico wants to keep the border just the way it is because they’re making a fortune and we’re losing.”

Old 02-15-2016, 08:24 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,177,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And how many illegal aliens and refugees have you taken into your home to feed, clothe, and shelter at your own expense?
Oh, should I ask pro-life people how many underprivileged black babies and kids they have adopted to feed, clothe, and shelter at their own expense? 0. But a whole bunch of Russian and Asian babies have been adopted by the same folks, despite much greater cost and wait time. Hmmm.

Mick

Old 02-15-2016, 08:30 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,552,422 times
Trump is right yet again!!!!

Trump 2016!

Old 02-15-2016, 08:34 AM

8,069 posts, read 7,014,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post

the Pope is doing exactly what all ultra-powerful people do (pushing his agenda on others), I don't have any respect for him either--what "godly" person would demand that dirt-poor women in poverty-stricken nations to reject contraception and abortion, and then offer NONE of his own kingdom's wealth to help pay all the costs of those children? Of course, the two don't have to collude; they simply both benefit from more immigrants and refugees coming to the U.S. Too bad America DOESN'T benefit; instead, we pay in many ways.

Since the Pope's kingdom/nation is in no danger of being overrun by foreigners whose support must come out of his annual budget, he naturally thinks the "godly" thing for OTHER nations to do, is let anyone on the planet come in and share the wealth (of the native-born taxpayers). Unfortunately, the new migrants cost a fortune for health care, law enforcement, basic living necessities, education, transportation, etc. Worse, the new migrants may not WANT to assimilate; they usually have huge levels of anger at their situations that comes out in violence in the streets of the host nation; and some are actually terrorists coming in under the cover of refugee status.
Obviously you know zero about Catholicism in Latin America. I bet your source is the same one as Trump's, conservative radio and infowars.

Like I said I'm no fan of the Catholic Church but the way Americans especially Evangelicals paint the Catholic Church is just ridiculous. Catholics in Latin America are far less controlling than evangelicals. If people don't use contraception it has nothing to do with religion. The problem is people in rural areas who lack education and resources but Mexico has greatly controlled their birth control problem without having to resort to extreme measures like China

If the U.S. is getting the most uneducated people from Mexico with ridiculous high birth rates blame US politicians who are in bed with the corporations that hire them. They are in love with cheap labor with no benefits. Don't blame Mexico or the Catholic Church. It's not their job to protect other countries' borders.

Old 02-15-2016, 08:36 AM

4,537 posts, read 5,112,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And how many illegal aliens and refugees have you taken into your home to feed, clothe, and shelter at your own expense?
None, and that's the same number as the Pope has. I have to laugh every time I see these people on the news crying about how their Catholic school is going to close because of lack of funds and the the next story is about the millions of dollars the church is paying out for pedophiles and how much money this Pope is spending running around the world like a politician preaching and telling every body how evil money is and how you should give yours away. Have you ever been to the Vatican ? The wealth there is decadent, and shameful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections