Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2016, 07:33 PM

7,084 posts, read 8,982,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Now he is judging people if they are Christian or not ... judge not let you be judged.
Many do not consider the pope to be Christian, but rather the antichrist.

Old 02-18-2016, 07:36 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,227,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
SC and most of the south is baptist, so they don't care. However, the larger states in this country with a large number of Catholics won't be too happy. Trump already had little chance of winning those big states like CA, FL, OH...add this to it and he can kiss it goodbye.
So now your speaking for all Catholics? Lol what a joke

Old 02-18-2016, 07:37 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,619,901 times
I might add the opinion that Trump overreacted without the
facts. He jumped the gun, got on stage and called Francis's supposed
comment "disgraceful".
This would be a good time for Trump to apologize and say he took
the Pope out of context due to a misunderstanding.
I do not consider it to be a good sign that Trump was so willing to
jump on a podium and speak about this without properly understanding
the context or what was said.
Is this what we have to look forward to if he becomes President ?

Old 02-18-2016, 07:42 PM

39,920 posts, read 26,621,072 times
I have to ask the obvious question. Doesn't the pope's boss have specific criteria for admission into his kingdom? A degree of vetting at the pearly gates? If he were consistent, everyone, regardless of beliefs, acts or contrition would be accepted into heaven and there would be no such thing as hell. I'd say his god is worse than The Donald in this regard.

Old 02-18-2016, 07:49 PM

5,061 posts, read 7,469,683 times
Only in America can people actually be so ignorant and utterly deceived into believing for a second that Trump is a Christian. As the saying goes, "There's a sucker born every minute." Lots of evidence of it here.

Old 02-18-2016, 07:51 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,376,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I have to ask the obvious question. Doesn't the pope's boss have specific criteria for admission into his kingdom? A degree of vetting at the pearly gates? If he were consistent, everyone, regardless of beliefs, acts or contrition would be accepted into heaven and there would be no such thing as hell. I'd say his god is worse than The Donald in this regard.
I have never seen God, but I have seen the Pope.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:09 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,253,295 times
Don't expect Big Religion to be any different from Big Business; it's all about getting as much money and power as possible out of the little people.

The Pope should be embarrassed about criticizing nations for not being generous enough with welfare, when every single Catholic Church in desperately poor nations around the globe is required to send money to the Vatican.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:16 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,411,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
The anti-catholic folks are out in full force. If anything the Pope helped Trump with the Evangelicals that HATE all Catholics.

THose walls are relics from the past when ALL cities had walls.

Oh please. The Pope gets political, and the Pope takes his lumps. Perhaps the Pope is anti-American. How about that? No one gets to make political statements and then claim victimhood when people reply.

The Pope's comments are beneficial to Trump? That's some Jedi level spin doctoring right there. Congratulations on your cynicism and lack of ability to feel embarrassment at statements that are obviously meant to insult everyone's intelligence.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:16 PM

57,409 posts, read 26,387,728 times
Erecting a wall to prevent people escaping rape and murder is not what I would call Christian an don't think that anyone pretends to believe that Trump is a Christian.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:34 PM

30,188 posts, read 18,770,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
I have never seen God, but I have seen the Pope.
..................... and I would bet $1000 you are not catholic (the odds are good that you are not even Christian). I have never seen gravity, but have felt its affects- the same is true of the power of God. The Pope is ruining OUR CHURCH; we Catholics support and form the Catholic Church, not liberal atheists. You have your atheist, communist government "church" and should be happy with that.

The Pope is supposed to be the head of OUR CHURCH (the Catholic Church). That son of a ***** is not the vicar of Christ- far from it.

Christ was apoliticial, much to the chagrin of the apostles. The corrupt, "warrior popes" of the middle ages engaged in politics, robbed the masses, and used the church for their personal gain. That mistake caused the Reformation and the rise of the Jesuits and the Counter Reformation.

This Pope is a throwback to a more corrupt era of the Church in which politics trumped the word of Christ. One would think that the pedophile scandal would have taught the Church something.

Since this prick has been Pope, I have only gone to mass about half the time, as I am finding that I do not want to endorse marxist sentiments when I am simply seeking redemption. I never turned to Marx, Lenin, or Mao for redemption so why this false Pope? Why should a marxist politician interject himself between Catholics and thier relationship with God and Christ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.