Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 12:11 PM

68,411 posts, read 54,715,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Does any woman go to Planned Parenthood to "choose?" No, they go there to get an abortion.
1) Only 3% of PP provided health services are abortions.

2) IF they didn't choose to go there how did they get there. Abduction?

But let's not let the facts confuse the issue, eh?

Old 02-15-2016, 12:12 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,742,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
I'm not concerned about the Latino vote. I'm concerned about the "American" vote which includes all citizens. You want to talk human excrement? What do you call a bunch of CHILD RAPISTS and their enablers who turn a blind eye to the abuse? Did you miss that entire scandal? It was more than a few isolated incidents. It was a worldwide phenomenon of crime and cover-ups. Absolutely disgusting. No regular club or organization could get away with that, but because they are "men of the cloth" they're treated with kid gloves.
I recommend all the nay-sayers go see Spotlight.

Old 02-15-2016, 01:09 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,228,710 times
Trump speaks the truth....
Something this country really is not used to hearing

Old 02-15-2016, 03:38 PM

6,246 posts, read 3,647,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Republicans hate this pope because he shows genuine compassion for "the other" And does not follow "supply side Jesus". That is a sin in their eyes.
No, because we are a sovereign, secular nation that doesn't take our marching orders from a man in a dress over in Europe.

Catholicism among natural-born American citizens is a dying institution. They need to import Catholics from south of the border to stay solvent in the U.S.

Old 02-15-2016, 05:59 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,724,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Just out of curiosity, if Catholicism is a false religion, what is a true one?

I've heard Christians label Mormons, Catholics, Jehovah's Witnesses, and probably a few groups I can't remember as 'cultists'.

Just whom do the religiously inclined consider followers of a 'true' religion?
Probably the snake handlers. Or, any one that the person in question is a member of.

I heard once that Baptists vote on whether or not to allow a new person into their congregation, and if the new person is deemed a sinner and thus not 'desirable' as a member, they can't join the congregation. They seem the epitome of 'the true religion'.

Old 02-15-2016, 06:17 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,464,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Trump is right yet again!!!!

Trump 2016!
Trumpettes would post this even if Bozo said the moon was made of gruyere cheese.

Trump is rarely right about anything. Ever.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:11 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,391,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
1) Only 3% of PP provided health services are abortions.

2) IF they didn't choose to go there how did they get there. Abduction?

But let's not let the facts confuse the issue, eh?
My point is nobody goes to PP to get talked out of an abortion. They go there to get an abortion. No denying it.

Old 02-16-2016, 09:05 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,177,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
My point is nobody goes to PP to get talked out of an abortion. They go there to get an abortion. No denying it.
I suspect that a pregnant woman who is contemplating having an abortion would go to a priest or her parents if she wants to get talked out of getting an abortion. Or maybe Ted Cruz. But not PP, you are probably right about that. I think they just present you with facts about the procedure, and you get to decide on whether to go forward with it . . . just like a regular doctor would.

But the point is that many more women go to PP for mundane day-to-day thing like OBGYN, STD testing, prescription contraceptives, so on and so on.

What is the problem with an organization performing services that are legal and constitutionally protected as per the SCOTUS? Go change the law or overturn Roe v. Wade if folks don't like it.

Mick

Old 02-18-2016, 10:18 AM

27,224 posts, read 46,939,041 times
Question The Pope and Trump...and why is the Pope getting into Politics!!!

I don't get the Pope and why he is making remarks like this.

Further, I don't think it will hurt Trump but help Trump.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:19 AM

36,753 posts, read 14,928,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
As if we needed more proof Trump has no shame, class or decency. He also thinks the Pope is working with Mexico in a plot against the US to allow more illegals to come into the country? ....[/url]

Um...the pope is doing that.

For cripes sake, he's said so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections