Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2016, 05:47 PM

752 posts, read 570,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
"Can't wait for March 1st and see Trump cry lke a baby and throw a Trumpertantrum on Twitter after he loses TX."
Uh, you realize there are 10 other states voting, right? If Trump wins at least eight or nine of them — which seems probable at this point — then those will be tears of joy. He'll have essentially clinched the nomination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 06:00 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,358,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drishmael View Post
Uh, you realize there are 10 other states voting, right? If Trump wins at least eight or nine of them — which seems probable at this point — then those will be tears of joy. He'll have essentially clinched the nomination.
12 other states actually and states like CO, VA, VT, TN are still up in the air and Rubio was leading the last MN polls 3 weeks ago. I could see Trump, Cruz and Rubio all winning several states and we will be well on our way to a brokered convention. Trump will get the shaft but it will be too late to go Independent and all he can do is go cry and have a Trumpertantrum on his Twitter.

Old 02-23-2016, 06:05 PM

26,239 posts, read 22,408,737 times
Default Beware the Emerging Trump Tsunami!

The Emerging Trump Super Tuesday Tsunami » Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Cruz is finished already. "You reap what you sow." Cruz should be more than aware as a "Christian" what he has stepped into. Such a breath of fresh air to know that he is finished! God keeps his promises and I am so surprised Cruz didn't know that. What kind of Christian doesn't know that?

Old 02-23-2016, 06:20 PM

752 posts, read 570,561 times
Quote:
"12 other states actually and states like CO, VA, VT, TN are still up in the air and Rubio was leading the last MN polls 3 weeks ago."
Colorado isn't listed on the official GOP schedule, so I don't think it's awarding any delegates. Also, per the polling, Tennessee and Vermont are hardly up for grabs.

Quote:
"I could see Trump, Cruz and Rubio all winning several states and we will be well on our way to a brokered convention."
You may see that, but Rubio is only up in one poll in one state. Minnesota happens to be where I live, and given the history of the state's GOP caucuses (in '12, it was [1]Santorum [2]Paul [3]Romney), I'm pretty suspicious of an establishment candidate prevailing. So right now, it's looking like Cruz wins Texas, Trump wins everything else (and the nomination).

Old 02-23-2016, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drishmael View Post
Colorado isn't listed on the official GOP schedule, so I don't think it's awarding any delegates. Also, per the polling, Tennessee and Vermont are hardly up for grabs.
Last TN GOP poll was in Nov, an eternity ago and Trump was barely up 4 points. The only Vermont poll was conducted by some company named Castleton Polling institute lol. Hardly reliable on either front.

Old 02-23-2016, 06:32 PM

19,332 posts, read 17,288,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
^^ It is my understanding that Rubio is also ineligible to become president. He was born in this country but his parents became US citizens when he was four or five years old. That means that he is a US citizen but not a natural born US citizen.
So I guess that makes Rubio the Anchor Baby....

Natural Born means born in the USA not another country, so much for your theory....

Old 02-23-2016, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
So I guess that makes Rubio the Anchor Baby....
incorrect. An "anchor baby" is a baby born to parents illegally in a country so they can stay. Rubio's parents were here legally.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:02 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,343,508 times
Quote:
Last TN GOP poll was in Nov, an eternity ago and Trump was barely up 4 points. The only Vermont poll was conducted by some company named Castleton Polling institute lol. Hardly reliable on either front.
I see, so when it's someone you don't like the poll is invalid, but when it's someone you like it's something to support?

Old 02-23-2016, 07:03 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,343,508 times
What does everyone think Dexter will do if Trump wins the nomination and all his theories go into the toilet?

Old 02-23-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
I see, so when it's someone you don't like the poll is invalid, but when it's someone you like it's something to support?
Please tell me how a poll from 3 months ago is in any way still relevant now. We still had 17 candidates running 3 months ago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections