Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 10:25 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,432,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Trump talks a big game----his response to Obama's statement:

“You’re lucky I didn’t run last time when Romney ran because you would have been a one-term president,” Republican presidential front-runner Donald J. Trump responded to President Obama.
Meanwhile, in real life, Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders (who most Americans know little about) both crush Trump h2h, yet this walking punchline thinks he would have beat Obama in 2012. Hosting a game show for 10 years clearly made Trump delusional.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:52 PM

5,069 posts, read 8,608,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Meanwhile, in real life, Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders (who most Americans know little about) both crush Trump h2h, yet this walking punchline thinks he would have beat Obama in 2012. Hosting a game show for 10 years clearly made Trump delusional.

Saw a short piece on Trump last night, an English commentator visiting his campaign and tracing the career of a spectacularly unpleasant individual. Amazing that anyone can support this lying, self-aggrandizing megalomaniac.

Old 02-17-2016, 11:46 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,709,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Obama has a lot of nerve complaining his job is hard. He has a full time job golfing and entertaining....presidential duties for him are just part time.

I'll never forget the fact he went golfing after news that James Foley was beheaded. And then to say "I guess it was the wrong time for a photo op" when he was caught. What a slime bucket. I'm counting the days until he is out of office.
GW was either napping during security briefings, or on vacation basically from the day he entered office until 9/11, and then just SAT THERE when he was told about the first plane. I'll never forget his utter and complete idiocy of flying onto that aircraft carrier with "Mission Accomplished" in the background. What a slime bucket.

But, obama has actually been working... after all, he has resorted to using EOs since congress refuses to deal with anything except their obsession with 1. hearings about Benghazi, and 2. voting to repeal obamacare over and over and over. He has done several things - it is just that you don't like any of them.

Old 02-17-2016, 02:01 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,581,762 times
Talking Oh, yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The only one not showing to be Presidential is Obama. After bashing Bush for years he now has a new target.

The only thing is this target speaks back

Go Trump!

Trump sure showed Obama with all that birther nonsense four years ago.

Maybe you'll remember that.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:01 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,288,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Trump sure showed Obama with all that birther nonsense four years ago.

Maybe you'll remember that.

Lol. Trump doesn't so much speak back as snipe back. And if that doesn't work--he goes on one of this Kanye West-ish Twitter tirades. Come to think of it, Trump has a huuuugge amount of things in common with Kanye and his massive ego.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:22 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,638,883 times
More" SKY IS FALLING" from the righties. It's always something with Obama... Who was the party who said they wanted Obama a one term president? Come on, you righties are always trying to do your Fox spin on anything you see or hear.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:24 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,133,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Obama has a lot of nerve complaining his job is hard. He has a full time job golfing and entertaining....presidential duties for him are just part time.

I'll never forget the fact he went golfing after news that James Foley was beheaded. And then to say "I guess it was the wrong time for a photo op" when he was caught. What a slime bucket. I'm counting the days until he is out of office.
Funny, I don't recall GWB coming back to the WH when each of the 6,800 soldiers he sent was killed in the Middle East.

What do you want Obama to do each time our people get murdered? Control our special forces from his XBOX ONE while wearing Google Glass and kill the bad guys? Or maybe he can personally parachute into ISIS territory and breaking necks with his hands, after watching Rambo I, II, III and IV for inspiration. C'mon.

Mick

Old 02-18-2016, 10:55 AM

14,501 posts, read 20,702,752 times
Quote:
President Barack Obama on Donald J. Trump: "I continue to believe Mr. Trump will not be President and the reason is because I have a lot of faith in the American people and I think they recognize that being President is a serious job. It's not hosting a talk show or a reality show. It's not promotion. It's not marketing. It's hard."
So what was Obama doing?
I think he was telling the American people to do one of three things.
a. vote for H. Clinton
b. vote for B. Sanders
c. vote for any other GOP except Trump.

Since 2 of the 3 are Democrats Obama's comment was nothing more than telling voters to vote for a democrat. If they could not force themselves to do that, then take a republican other than Trump. If Trump is somehow the nominee then Obama's advice is to vote for Clinton or Sanders.

A somewhat tricky way of asking us to vote in a democrat while also a public trashing of Trump which was also designed to get a democrat in the White House.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:57 AM

35,753 posts, read 21,113,936 times
If the shoe fits- wear it- now Trump gonna sue the prez too?

Old 02-18-2016, 11:04 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,326,853 times
Quote:
Curious what you do for a living. Of course being President of the United States is a very difficult job with a ton of responsibility and pressure. I'd like to know what you do in comparison that would have an equal amount of responsibility that would allow you to minimize what is required of the job.
Don't hold your breath waiting for a reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.