Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 08:03 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,519,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Look at what happened tonight. Take the 100k votes Bush and Kasich got, give them to Rubio and he buries Trump in SC. That's what you will see come March 1 because Kasich will be gone by then as well. This isn't over by a long shot
I thought Kasich would drop out tonight. One of the cable news channels said a Kasich campaign person said he has a clear path and he won't drop out. What's up with Kasich?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2016, 08:12 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,283,295 times
All IMHO,

to be honest I think the GOP is screwed.....and will miss out again in the end no matter what.
I can't see none of the their potential nominees winning a general election. Which is quite sad considering that the opposition will be either Clinton or Sanders.

Cruz hasn't got prayer in a general election and Trump will alienate a good chunk of the conservatives and republicans should he be the candidate. And I don't see minorities, women or die hard democrats voting for him either. Which means he will be seen as the bigger evil and also not win against Clinton or Sanders.

Best chances would probably go to Rubio but his stumble with the Robot incident and his baggage as being the establishment guy and/or a puppet of some rich special interests groups will do him no favors. And quite frankly I also wonder who is pulling his strings.

Sadly we the people are screwed no matter what and we most likely will have to brace ourselves for either Hilary or Sanders. I hope we can overcome and be better prepared in 4 years, since somebody dropped the ball this time around especially on the GOP side who had everything lined up for them to take charge after 8 years of Obama.......

Old 02-20-2016, 08:14 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,691,747 times
Is Rubio the GOP's best bet in the general election?

If you are a pundit or MSM then that would be yes. If you are among those who can think and decide for yourself then that would be a "NO"

Old 02-20-2016, 08:23 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
But the easiest win in general election would be John Kasich
Agreed.

He has his conservative credentials down pretty well, but he also at least appears to be rational human being.

The other candidates are living in some bizarro fantasy world that bears no resemblance to the one sane people reside in.

Old 02-20-2016, 08:24 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,283,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Agreed.

He has his conservative credentials down pretty well, but he also at least appears to be rational human being.

The other candidates are living in some bizarro fantasy world that bears no resemblance to the one sane people reside in.
True.
He also actually has experience and knows what he is talking about.
Doesn't matter however since he won't make it.

Old 02-20-2016, 08:25 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,303,418 times
You know if Trump didn't like like a jackass most of the time he actually would be a very good candidate. He's more moderate on issues than a lot of people give him credit for. Whether or not he would be able to do a 180 in the general election is hard to say. He would would have to fact Clinton who has more ability to take and dish out punches than most of the Republican field as well. Rubio has two things working against him. The first is that he is way more conservative than most General election voters. He can cheat that stuff now, but will have a harder time hiding that stuff in a general election. His other big issue is that he can't really stand his own under a lot of pressure. A concerted attack and he could stumble quite badly. That's recoverable in the primaries, but less so in the general election. I still think he has an edge over Trump though. By virtue of the fact that Trump has a large block of people that really do not like him.

Old 02-20-2016, 08:26 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,303,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I thought Kasich would drop out tonight. One of the cable news channels said a Kasich campaign person said he has a clear path and he won't drop out. What's up with Kasich?
He came in second in New Hampshire. He's hinted he won't drop out until the Michigan primary as well. I don't envision him dropping out anytime soon.

Old 02-20-2016, 08:27 PM

42,868 posts, read 26,366,900 times
The problem with Rubio is that he will never get Trump supporters, and if he's the candidate I'm guessing a large number of that contingent will just decide not to vote.

Old 02-20-2016, 08:29 PM

752 posts, read 568,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
"If that is true then why are Trump and Carson in the race when they have no political experience what so ever??????????"
For Trump, it's ego. For Carson, this "campaign" is a glorified book tour.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:19 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,347,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The problem with Rubio is that he will never get Trump supporters, and if he's the candidate I'm guessing a large number of that contingent will just decide not to vote.
The same can be said for the Rubio establishment vote. They will stay home rather than vote for Trump meaning an easy Hillary win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections