Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you in favor of one of Trumps plans for Mexico to pay for the wall
YES 46 62.16%
NO 28 37.84%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 08:24 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,349,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayesian View Post
The extra money spent on police, border control and prison because of illegals is enough to build a 1000 feet wall on the border.

Don't forget about healthcare and jail time costs. We are going to save so much money.

The race is over. Cruz has no path to 1237. If the convention was contested - the last person in the world that would be able to get 1237 is Cruz. Michael Bloomberg would have a better shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 08:28 AM

733 posts, read 604,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
The actual cost for the rest of the border wall (roughly 1,300 miles) could be as high as $16 million per mile, with a total price tag of $15 billion to $25 billion. Rosenblum said the $15 billion low-end estimate is "probably an underestimate," because the parts that have yet to be fenced are the most difficult — the most dense and arid. At $16 million per mile and with 1,300 miles to secure, the estimated cost would be $12 billion, and the price of private land acquisitions and maintenance of fencing could push that total cost higher.
The U.S. government would have to pay to maintain the wall, which could cost as much as $750 million a year, according to an analysis conducted by Politico. And then if it wanted to man it with personnel, that would be an additional cost — border patrol has an operating budget of $1.4 billion for 21,000 agents.

This is what Trump's border wall could cost US
Israel built a wall that is over 200 miles cost effectively. For a large country like the U.S, building a 2000 miles wall will be very doable with cheap Mexican labor.

Old 04-05-2016, 08:29 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,349,584 times
Trump is the only one that will get things done - and it scares Washington. Washington wants everything status quo.

These politicians do not care about the will of the people. Look at Kasich and Cruz. The people have spoken and they don't have the decency to drop out.

If Trump was in Cruz's position - Trump would respectfully drop out, and shake Cruz's hand and rally the voters around him.

Cruz and Kasich have no respect for the people, no respect for the country, no respect for democracy.

Old 04-05-2016, 08:31 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,708,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Trump releases plan to pay for the wall - what say you all

I say Donny acts like a one trick pony and that act ain't so entertaining.
Yet you bought the ticket to be entertainment at no cost and for months have watch it. Be sure to be on the north side when the wall goes up if you want your money back. There may very well be a problem sending money to those south of the wall.

Old 04-05-2016, 08:34 AM

27,723 posts, read 16,226,947 times
cant be done!.. Said no one in Hungary Hungary Completes Croatia Border Fence to Keep Migrants Out - WSJ Our lose border is obviously by design

Old 04-05-2016, 08:35 AM

68,353 posts, read 54,549,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Yet you bought the ticket to be entertainment at no cost and for months have watch it.
And it's been worth what I paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Be sure to be on the north side when the wall goes up if you want your money back. There may very well be a problem sending money to those south of the wall.
WHY? Dictator Donny gonna tell me, a US born citizen what I can do with MY $$$?

Old 04-05-2016, 08:37 AM

733 posts, read 604,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What architects & engineers? The numbers you post above make no sense.

On the other hand, Trump has vast experience with building 90+ story skyscrapers and many other large projects. Generally his projects come in under budget and ahead of schedule. This is the difference between the private sector do something vs government hacks.

Trump has already had his people look at it from a cost and performance perspective and their numbers are vastly lower than that nonsense posted above.
Agree.

Building a wall is actually pretty easy, you don't have to build one layer after another. It's very easy to simultaneously build many different segments of the wall. I think 2 years will be more than enough.

Old 04-05-2016, 08:39 AM

24,057 posts, read 15,171,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Won't happen. Simple way to get Mexico (and every other country that illegals are coming from) to pay for it... impose a tax on personal wire transfers to foreign countries for anyone who can't prove citizenship or legal resident status.
No need to have to pass a tax. Let's just put on a "fee" like most state DMV do.

Old 04-05-2016, 08:41 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,708,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And it's been worth what I paid.

WHY? Dictator Donny gonna tell me, a US born citizen what I can do with MY $$$?
What's the problem with that. Obama has started tracking all cash that is deposited in banks.
If you carry cash now on the interstate hwy's they can take it from you. If that isn't telling you what they can do with your own money, what is ?

Old 04-05-2016, 08:43 AM

39,340 posts, read 27,726,584 times
I really don't know why do we need to build a wall, Mexico paying or what not.

All you have to do is using military. Military service men and women are already getting paid, playing volleyball or fighting useless wars overseas. Have them securing the border like many other countries in the world. Will be much efficient and cheaper than building a wall.

Punishing businesses for hiring illegals immigrants, so less illegals will come in for jobs.

If you want to address the illegal immigrants issue, well, address the issue of Chinese women coming in dropping anchor babies as well. address the issue of visa overstays. etc, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections