Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you in favor of one of Trumps plans for Mexico to pay for the wall
YES 46 62.16%
NO 28 37.84%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 01:21 PM

39,260 posts, read 27,661,377 times

Advertisements

I didn't vote. I think all you have to do is to enforce the law. Punish those who hire illegals, neither party has done an acceptable job. So don't even bother to blame just one party, blame them both and the employers who hire the illegals, the cheap labor lobbies.

I say military secure the border, enforce the law, hold people accountable for hiring illegals, problem solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 01:26 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,687,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Very small minded and silly. Add a fee to every wire transfer, very easy. Part of my phone bill goes to pay for mass transit in my city. So what's the problem??? Oh they're going to mail money to Mexico? Easy, add a fee to everything shipped/mailed to Mexico. I really don't understand you people, it's an easy fix. Just because you disagree with it doesn't mean it's not possible. Remember, your thinking like a politician. They have no clue how to build anything unless the cost is astronomical which they pass on to taxpayers.

You need to think very differently if you want to get things done...
I know what you mean. It reminds me of when JFK said we were going to land on the moon back in the 1960's. There were those that were sure we couldn't do it. What is shocking is that this is just common sense international business dealings. It seems so much of the population has been effectively indoctrinated by MSM and the establishment with such a helpless attitude. It's like they are in water over their heads and willing to drown unless someone comes along and tells them it's OK to swim and save yourself.

Old 04-05-2016, 01:41 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,292,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Illegals will just get a legal friend or family member to send on their behalf.

It is debatable whether illegals are the majority of remittance payers.

There is also a high remittance outflow to India, China, and The Philippines.
but they are not the source of most illegal immigration

Old 04-05-2016, 02:10 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,916,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
What's your plan?

Let's review them side by side.
What's your plan let's review them side by side

Old 04-05-2016, 02:11 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,916,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Fail
Passed

Old 04-05-2016, 02:26 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,802,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Trump outlines plan to get Mexico to pay for border wall - CNNPolitics.com

Are you serious lol

Architects have already said it's not possible to build or even afford the wall in our lifetime. He's still under this delusion that Mexico is going to even build the wall or have the budget to do so. The Mexican border is 2,000 miles and he wants to build a concrete wall over ten feet tall in the eight years. Lol

Lol...why build a wall when there is network of tunnels spanning though California, Arizona, Texas, and New Mexico. That's like putting a band aid on a open wound that requires stitches......to dumb it down for trump supporters, it's pointless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Fail
Quote:
Passed

Actually it is a fail.

We build thousands of miles of higher walls every year right next to freeways to deaden sound. As of February 10, 2012, the Department of Homeland Security had completed 651 miles of fencing out of nearly 652 miles mandated by Congress, including 299 miles of vehicle barriers and 352 miles of pedestrian fence.

So almost 1/3rd has already been built. Since 2007 more than 1M immigrants (nearly 10%) have moved back to Mexico, so it must be working.

I am no fan of Trump, but building the wall is not impossible and would be chump change compared to what we spend, especially on defense, which should include dafence!

Old 04-05-2016, 02:27 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,853,512 times
Quote:

Are you serious lol

Architects have already said it's not possible to build or even afford the wall in our lifetime. He's still under this delusion that Mexico is going to even build the wall or have the budget to do so. The Mexican border is 2,000 miles and he wants to build a concrete wall over ten feet tall in the eight years. Lol

Lol...why build a wall when there is network of tunnels spanning though California, Arizona, Texas, and New Mexico. That's like putting a band aid on a open wound that requires stitches......to dumb it down for trump supporters, it's pointless.

Um...stop parroting CNN and WaPo.

Since the thread title makes it clear that you didn't know, this is not news, and Trump didn't "release" anything. That information has been on his website for months.

Old 04-05-2016, 02:30 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,661,959 times
I don't know; maybe a moat would be cheaper. Borrow some alligators from Florida, feed 'em wild pigs from Alabama (or wherever they are). A deep moat would prevent tunnels being built, also.

Old 04-05-2016, 02:35 PM

37,960 posts, read 17,902,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I don't know; maybe a moat would be cheaper. Borrow some alligators from Florida, feed 'em wild pigs from Alabama (or wherever they are). A deep moat would prevent tunnels being built, also.
Fracking

Old 04-05-2016, 02:35 PM

957 posts, read 1,135,337 times
Quote:

Are you serious lol

Architects have already said it's not possible to build or even afford the wall in our lifetime.
ahaha maybe Democrat architects said that...
the Chinese are able to build new citis of millions in a few years and USA cannot build a wall of prefab concrete??

gimme a break
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections