Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 09:30 AM

82 posts, read 72,845 times

Advertisements

On the one hand, Sanders seems like he sincerely cares most about the environment. Being from Vermont, he has experience with and affinity towards rural areas. On the other hand, Trump is a nationalist and wants to decrease immigration, which will lower population growth and hence lower pollution and over-crowding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 07:26 PM

5,857 posts, read 5,305,324 times
Feel the Bern!

Cat

Old 02-19-2016, 08:12 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,676,407 times
Immigration is a good thing.

No really, think about it. What happens when an influx of immigrants occurs? A few of them make jobs, a few of them take jobs. But even the ones who take jobs need somewhere to live, they all need groceries, they need haircuts, they pay for utilities which allows for infrastructure upgrades. Immigration is a good thing. Stifling it is not what we want to do. Population growth drives prosperity. Compare Detroit, Buffalo and Cleveland to Austin, Salt Lake and Phoenix. Which group do you believe has been more prosperous in recent years?

Also - Bernie is just a good dude. I may not agree with everything he says, but I have zero concerns about his intentions, passion and altruism. That's what I want to see as a president. Trump... he's far from altruistic.

Old 02-20-2016, 03:23 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,193,858 times
Bernie or Hillary. Republicans seem to back the Patriot movement which wants to give the land to ranchers and miners.

Old 02-20-2016, 03:31 PM

11,987 posts, read 5,315,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo-Aggie View Post

No really, think about it. What happens when an influx of immigrants occurs? A few of them make jobs, a few of them take jobs. But even the ones who take jobs need somewhere to live, they all need groceries, they need haircuts, they pay for utilities which allows for infrastructure upgrades. Immigration is a good thing. Stifling it is not what we want to do. Population growth drives prosperity. Compare Detroit, Buffalo and Cleveland to Austin, Salt Lake and Phoenix. Which group do you believe has been more prosperous in recent years?

Also - Bernie is just a good dude. I may not agree with everything he says, but I have zero concerns about his intentions, passion and altruism. That's what I want to see as a president. Trump... he's far from altruistic.
Prepare to be vilified.

Old 02-20-2016, 03:39 PM

6,244 posts, read 3,626,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo-Aggie View Post

Mwahahahahaha lolololol!!!! Have you ever set foot in California?

Old 02-20-2016, 03:46 PM

4,994 posts, read 5,314,082 times
None of the above. We have worse problems than National Parks and hiking. If reducing illegal immigrants, reduces pollution, you'll have an offset because we need factory jobs to come back to the US. The environment is not anything I'd give significant consideration for this particular race because this country has worse problems to consider right now.

Old 02-20-2016, 03:55 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,990,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
None of the above. We have worse problems than National Parks and hiking. If reducing illegal immigrants, reduces pollution, you'll have an offset because we need factory jobs to come back to the US. The environment is not anything I'd give significant consideration for this particular race because this country has worse problems to consider right now.
He's/She's stating what's important to her, not what you think it's important

Old 02-20-2016, 03:56 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,556,475 times
Obama has expanded protected public lands and waterways more than any President in history, and Clinton has promised to continue his policies.

Old 02-20-2016, 03:57 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,332,809 times
Trump will privatize the National Parks and sell them off to developers who will want to build homes for the rich and famous, fancy resorts and golf courses which will price the little people out of being able to enjoy the disappearing wilderness. Democrats have historically been the party to protect the park system and either Hillary or Bernie will follow suit in that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections