Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 10:13 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times

Advertisements

A robocall going out to voters the night before the South Carolina primary casts Trump as pro-LGBT.
The clip starts with Trump responding to an LGBT question:
Q: When President Trump is in office, can we look for more forward motion for equality for gays and lesbians?”
A: Well, you can. And look, that’s your thing, and other people have their thing. We have to bring all people together."

At this point, the narrator’s voice, now taking on an incredulous tone, interjects: “Stop. What does she mean by ‘forward motion’? What’s he agreeing to?”

“It’s not about tolerance anymore,” the narrator continues. “It’s about mandatory celebration. It’s about forcing people to bake cakes and photograph gay weddings. Forcing clergy to officiate. It’s about transgender bathrooms in your child’s school. It’s about tearing down our Judeo-Christian values. It’s about tearing down our America.”
The recording ends with an ominous sign-off from the narrator: “Ted Cruz for president — now, before it’s too late.”

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins...ini#.qtoD1R36r

[soundcloud=400]247956469[/soundcloud]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2016, 10:19 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Good Lord.

I would 10 times rather have Trump as President than Cruz. And THAT is saying something.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:24 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Good Lord.

I would 10 times rather have Trump as President than Cruz. And THAT is saying something.
Of course you would, he's a liberal Democrat just like Hillary.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:25 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Well, not quite but still better than Cruz. Hillary doesn't seem to be liberal enough for most democrats.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:26 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Sounds like a pretty good ad by Cruz's campaign. People need to be concerned by all of the fascist tactics and the aggressively anti-Christian agenda of the Democrat left not only on this subject, but on many others.

This also undermines Trump's claim to be broadly opposed to the left's politics correctness agenda. Clearly Trump's opposition to political correctness is selective and more in line with his "New York Values" than he would like to let on.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:38 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
What a chaaaarming robocall, bless their hearts.

Now Fürher Trump has to come out with some homophobic tweet to pander to the "good people" of South Carolina.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:49 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Amazing how so many people in this country base their entire political philosophy on how much they hate 3% of the population who they probably never even come into contact with. I can never vote for a Republican until they drop the homophobia.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:57 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Amazing how so many people in this country base their entire political philosophy on how much they hate 3% of the population who they probably never even come into contact with. I can never vote for a Republican until they drop the homophobia.
You might change your mind when Hussein Obama forces you to bake a Wedding cake for Adam and Steve. Act before it's too late!!!

My God how ridiculous can this people be.

Old 02-20-2016, 11:10 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
No, he just isn't Crazy, Corrupt Cruz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Sounds like a pretty good ad by Cruz's campaign. People need to be concerned by all of the fascist tactics and the aggressively anti-Christian agenda of the Democrat left not only on this subject, but on many others.

This also undermines Trump's claim to be broadly opposed to the left's politics correctness agenda. Clearly Trump's opposition to political correctness is selective and more in line with his "New York Values" than he would like to let on.
I don't see why people don't get that Cruz and his cult followers are dangerous. Is inciting the killing of gays "anti-Christian"? See, I don't get that. This has nothing to do with "PC". You'll find the majority of people aren't sitting around waiting for God to give them the word to kill gays or anyone else. They also don't want a Christian theocracy as our government. "Religious liberty" doesn't not mean Christian dominionism. Cruz and his loons need to back off. Separation of church and state is very basic and very fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
All Republicans are not that way. Cruz and his cult followers blame the gays for the way the world is which is called "scapegoating". I am sure you have heard of Sodom and Gomorrah and Cruz is hung up on that and getting ready for the end of times, the 2nd coming of Christ, things that have nothing to do with our government. Ted Cruz's campaign is fueled by a dominionist vision for America (COMMENTARY) - Religion News Service

I just cannot imagine a Christian would endorse the deceitful behavior demonstrated in his campaign by putting an "X" next to his name on the ballot. Endorsing the behavior means approval. Inasmuch as Cruz claims that people will be punished for approving of SSM, per his cult faith, his followers will be punished for approving of his deceit if they cast a vote for him. Turn about is fair play.

Deceit is a sin. Someone pass Cruz a Bible.

Old 02-20-2016, 11:17 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
My Mom living at a beach retirement community in SC said she got 32 campaign calls yesterday. Most were from Ted Cruz. She was hopping mad about it.

I think such excess will backfire on Cruz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections