Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 06:35 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Bernie WON the hispanic vote in Nevada! He was known by 0.001% of hispanics in Nevada 1 year ago. If that doesnt prove what a fantastic campaigner he is, I dont know what can.

Hillary on the other hand is holding up because of astonishing support among African Americans, she won 76% of the AA vote in Nevada, although voter turnout was much lower than in 2008 among AA. If people honestly believe this is a winning formula for the general election, they need to re-think. 99% of African Americans vote Dem in the general anyway. Her campaign does not bring the youth vote nor the white blue-collar vote. Thats Bernie territory.
Agreed and "Blacks" are fading out between high death rates with the dudes, low birthrates and more and more "mixed race" people, especially light skin ones no longer ID'ing as "Black". Many of the mixes are now ID'ing as anglo white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2016, 06:38 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron H View Post
Unlikely. Stop looking at the entrance polls and look at the actual results from Latino-heavy precincts.

The entrance polls said Nevada
Yep. She won Clark County by a 10 point margin, and that's the most heavily Latino county in the state. The numbers simply don't work out to give Bernie an advantage among Latino voters.

And going forward, this is certainly not going to help win Latino voters.

https://twitter.com/DoloresHuerta/st...84235315400705

Old 02-20-2016, 06:39 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,135,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed and "Blacks" are fading out between high death rates with the dudes, low birthrates and more and more "mixed race" people, especially light skin ones no longer ID'ing as "Black". Many of the mixes are now ID'ing as anglo white.
Actually, that's what Latinos are doing. More of them are identifying as white as time goes by. Black people will NEVER be able to identify as white. Give me a break.

Old 02-20-2016, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
LMAO Good God, do liberals have ANY moral code?

VIDEO: Hillary supporters register AFTER voting? | The American Mirror
Following the instructions clearly being given by the caucus administrators? Yes, absolutely shameless.

Old 02-20-2016, 06:47 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,531,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That is exactly how I now feel about Sanders supporters. I was very respectful towards Bernie because there are many things I like about him. But they are anything but and, I think, are doing more harm to their cause than good
This will certainly harm their cause, and I'm sure Bernie will be greatly distressed when he hears about it. Yes there is video - you can clearly hear people shouting "English only", and Huerta is a Latina icon who says the shouts came from Sanders supporters:
Dolores Huerta: Sanders supporters chanted "English only” when I spoke Spanish at caucuses

Old 02-20-2016, 06:50 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,960,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Yep. She won Clark County by a 10 point margin, and that's the most heavily Latino county in the state. The numbers simply don't work out to give Bernie an advantage among Latino voters.

And going forward, this is certainly not going to help win Latino voters.

https://twitter.com/DoloresHuerta/st...84235315400705
Just because she won Clark County by a larger margin than the state average doesnt mean she won the hispanic vote. She won heavily among two groups. African Americans and people over 65. African Americans overwhelmingly live in in Las Vegas. She would have lost without the support among the seniors and African Americans.

Old 02-20-2016, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Just because she won Clark County by a larger margin than the state average doesnt mean she won the hispanic vote. She won heavily among two groups. African Americans and people over 65. African Americans overwhelmingly live in in Las Vegas. She would have lost without the support among the seniors and African Americans.
Or entrance polling was wrong. It's a very inaccurate science and there won't be a clear answer, other than to judge in the context of what happens going forward on other states with significant Hispanic populations. I personally think Hillary will continue to prevail, and the narrative that Bernie cannot win in states that are not primarily white will continue.

Old 02-20-2016, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
This will certainly harm their cause, and I'm sure Bernie will be greatly distressed when he hears about it. Yes there is video - you can clearly hear people shouting "English only", and Huerta is a Latina icon who says the shouts came from Sanders supporters:
Dolores Huerta: Sanders supporters chanted "English only” when I spoke Spanish at caucuses
gutter politics at its worst. Constantly trying to portray supporters as "Obama boys", "Bernie boys", "racists" etc etc.

People with IQ above 70 look beyond this type of gutter politics.

Old 02-20-2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Or entrance polling was wrong. It's a very inaccurate science and there won't be a clear answer, other than to judge in the context of what happens going forward on other states with significant Hispanic populations. I personally think Hillary will continue to prevail, and the narrative that Bernie cannot win in states that are not primarily white will continue.
That has already been shattered though, and is a corporate media narrative. Iowa is 92% white and Nevada is 51% white. The end result was roughly the same. It will become clear enough that hispanics vote primarily based on economics, not loyalty to Clinton who won the state among hispanics by 40% in 2008.

Old 02-20-2016, 06:58 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,531,383 times
Quote:
True.
I'm sure he'll continue to pick up enough delegates to stay in several more months, and imo that's a good thing. I'd like to see him stay strong all the way into the convention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections