Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2016, 01:50 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,539,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Did anyone actually read that article LOL?

“Sheep, wake up, chemtrails, Monsanto, shills, do your research” said Morroco. Sage advice indeed."

It's funny/stupid but I don't like the attempts to discredit and disparage any and everyone who have legitimate concerns/questions about our Governmental powers and their partners-like Monsanto mentioned.

I still am indecisive on chemtrails-our atmosphere is changing and there is more aluminum in our ground. How do we prove how/why this is happening? Growing up I don't remember seeing so many contrails-so prevalent and developed. My Mom says the same thing, but in her case it could just be the huge increase in air travel. It seems there just aren't as many clear blue sky days anymore though.

Governments have been trying to control/alter the weather though, and in some cases have even been successful with things like cloud seeding, etc. I don't doubt that HAARP could have had a negative effect on our environment-is it really a good idea to be zapping our ionosphere with electromagnetic beams? It really is not that crazy of a notion to accept that our Government could be undertaking experiments/implementing theories that could have a huge impact on our planet and humanity and I don't appreciate how so many people pretend to know all the answers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzwt2FmNVpY

Old 05-17-2016, 05:49 AM

25,865 posts, read 16,576,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Yes, because I get my science exclusively from movie stars! Wait...no...I actually dont. Might I suggest you shouldn't either? Or maybe you should worry more about Xenu.
It's OK for George Clooney to talk politics but not for Vin Diesel to talk science? You explain the difference to me.

Old 05-19-2016, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It's OK for George Clooney to talk politics but not for Vin Diesel to talk science? You explain the difference to me.

did you see what he saw?? what he watched?? what he thinks? one need not be an expert to have a comment about something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=P...&v=iK9nVR9H34g

Old 05-19-2016, 03:59 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,260,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post
My questions are easy. I dint have time to watch videos.

Old 05-19-2016, 04:25 PM

73 posts, read 56,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post
Very simple.

The atmosphere is a complicated mechanism and again and AGAIN contrail formation depend BOTH on pressure and temperature second. As the plane flies through the atmosphere, the pressure changes a lot. Unless it's under a huge upper level ridge of high pressure.

Look at the map of the US.

Look how pressure changes even within 1 mile of each other. Especially where the isobars are right close to each other. (most pressure variation and the most wind) This is high school science education.

Also POP QUIZ!

Where on this map are contrails most likely to form?

Old 05-19-2016, 04:48 PM

7,834 posts, read 4,583,466 times
So you say there's a race
Of men in the trees
You're for tough legislation
Thanks for calling
I wait all night for calls like these

- The Nightfly, Donald Fagen

Old 05-19-2016, 05:04 PM

27,713 posts, read 16,209,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trs27 View Post
Very simple.

Also POP QUIZ!

Where on this map are contrails most likely to form?
Wonder what changed? you know, since they never used to stick around like they do nowadays or so many.

Old 05-19-2016, 05:22 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,950,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Wonder what changed? you know, since they never used to stick around like they do nowadays or so many.
What changed? The number of planes changed, for one. There's never been so many planes flying at any given time as now. Number two, more planes than ever are flying at prime contrail-formation altitudes. IE mid-30 flight levels to mid-40 flight levels. In the past, most planes flew mid 30's or lower. Also, the global average ocean temps are up, which has led to increased evaporation of said waters, which had increased the overall humidity level of the troposphere.

Old 05-19-2016, 06:10 PM

47,021 posts, read 26,097,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Your political views are expected to be formed by your opinions. The scientific process is carefully designed to avoid opinions influencing outcomes.

Old 05-21-2016, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
My questions are easy. I dint have time to watch videos.
the vids answer your questions... asked and answered!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62WUzOhXUG0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.