Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2016, 10:23 AM

7,204 posts, read 4,800,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Not to worry, Cruz will sniff it out. Ive said it before and I will say it again. You don't get to the level Trump has without making very shady deals with corporations, banks, politicians and God knows who else. He for sure has some very dirty hands and we are about to find out what he's trying to hide.
True, but if we are going to"sniff" all rich people, and take them to court, then GWB, Jeb, Sheldon Adelson,etc. would be in jail.

As for Romney, it takes one to know one.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:09 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,393,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It doesn't have to be something substantial but rather something that can be turned into a "talking point" for the masses.

Something like, "he only paid 8%" because of deductions....although completely legal. (for example)
This is something Romney fretted about. He always had to try to hide his wealth or apologize for it. Trump would say if you elect me I'll tell you too how to pay 8% tax.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:12 AM

39,186 posts, read 51,565,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
It is a sad statement on the quality of the remaining candidates that it is taking Romney, a defeated Republican presidential nominee, to do the job. It won't work.
I find it fascinating that one Republican who is not even running is attempt to sabotage the campaign of another. Party unity is on display.

Old 02-25-2016, 12:09 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,358,975 times
Even if its not something illegal, Trump is hiding something. Making less than he brags about, not donating to all the causes he claims to etc...If he has nothing to hide, why not release it?

Old 02-25-2016, 12:49 PM

36,753 posts, read 14,928,616 times
LOL, oh please.

Romney should be ashamed of himself, given that he was the subject of Harry Reid's ourtright lies last time around.

And I loved Romney's scattershot: we might find Trump's not paying much in taxes (shouldn't everyone try to pay as little as possible?), or he's not worth as much as he claims he's worth, or he doesn't give to charities, or he doesn't give to the right charities.....

Old 02-25-2016, 01:03 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,393,913 times
He has not made a big deal out of his charitable givings. Sorry, another misfire.

Old 02-25-2016, 01:04 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,334,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
You think you are impressing me but I know more about filing business taxes than what some of you wrongly assume. I love how people always assume you don't know about a subject because you don't brag about it.

You cannot make assertions about documents you haven't seen yourself. All we know up to now is that Trump's campaign doesn't want to release those tax returns yet.
YOU are the one making assertions about documents that you havent seen, and given that NO IRS document requires disclosure of assets, you are just making things up.

I'm not tryign to impress you, I dont give a rats ass about your impression of me.. I care about FACTS, something you dont seem too concerned with.

Old 02-25-2016, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
No I'm not believing anything. That's what we have expected from presidential candidates for a long time. Some candidates like Hillary, McCain, Bush and Obama privided that information. It's called being transparent.

I'm not afraid of my tax returns and more than once I've been asked to turn in a copy. I takes me seconds to access that folder in my computer. Why would the president of the United States be afraid of providing that information to the public that is going to elect him? If he is gonna tell me I have to pay income tax that's gonna pay his salary, he better show me his tax returns. We employe him and we better know who we are hiring.

I'm surprised you trust the IRS and your president so much you want to keep all that information between themselves.
Wrong.. People like Hillary put their income into other entities like the Clinton Foundation and then claim they are off limits..

Thats NOT transparent. LYING and diverting your income, isnt honest, even if you believe it is..

Old 02-25-2016, 01:12 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,624,516 times
I couldn't care less about his charitables. I'd like to know how much he's in debt to the Big Banks who he'll be on his knees for*.

---
LaToya Jackson, Bret Michaels, and former Playboy Playmate Brande Roderick were in the boardroom, presenting their arguments as to why they shouldn’t be fired to the brainless triumvirate of Donald Trump,Ivanka Trump and Piers Morgan. Bret explains to his eventual executioners that, at one point, Brande "got down on her knees and passionately said, ‘I want to do this.'" The innuendo was too thick for a goon like Donald Trump to let the statement simply slide.

"Excuse me, you DROPPED to your knees?", Trump directs towards Brande.

"Yes," Brande responds.

It’s at this point that you can see the wheels of Trump’s dirty mind turning, verrrrrrry slowly yet very surely. A full six seconds, which is an ETERNITY of time in the rapid-paced world of reality television editing, expire before Trump responds, "It must be a pretty picture. You dropping to your knees."

http://www.vox.com/2015/8/6/9114625/...ld-trump-women

Old 02-25-2016, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I couldn't care less about his charitables. I'd like to know how much he's in debt to the Big Banks who he'll be on his knees for*.
You mean the very banks Obama needed to fund the trillion dollar deficits?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections