Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 08:30 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,994,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Aww, c'mon! He's as pure as the driven snow and the bestest candidate that has ever darkened the race for POTUS!

Don't believe it?

Just ask him.
Exactly. If Donnie the clown says it then it has to be true.

Trump just whined about these so called "audits" on his Twitter account 10 minutes ago.

"I unfairly get audited by the I.R.S. almost every single year. I have rich friends who never get audited. I wonder why?" Trump

Some of the answers:
@realDonaldTrump because they sense fraud
"Because you're a lovely Christian"
"Accounting gimmicks and shady dealings? No. You'd rather blame baseless conspiracies"
"your four bankruptcies may have something to do with that, my friend."
"They don't get flagged because they have better accountants, don't try to cut corners?"

Old 02-27-2016, 08:33 AM

37,813 posts, read 41,113,416 times
There was a tax attorney on MSNBC, I think, who said he would not advise Trump to release his tax returns until the audit is completed. He does not work for Trump.

From a political standpoint and my perspective, you don't want to be discussing them more than once, so dribbling them out is not a good idea.

And you do know that on income tax returns you report income not net worth, right?

Old 02-27-2016, 08:34 AM

1,184 posts, read 723,229 times
Maybe a love child he's claiming as a dependant

Old 02-27-2016, 08:39 AM

13,717 posts, read 9,051,920 times
Another silly thread about Presidential candidates disclosing their Federal income tax return.

Again, the Constitution cites the qualifications for being President. It does not demand the release of tax returns (which, of course, was unknown when the Constitution was drafted).

I have long thought that this is a red herring put forth by people who may be against some candidate. I am not a supporter of Donald Trump, but in this instance he should tell those demanding that he release his tax returns to suck eggs.

It is not our business. As another poster mentioned, Mr. Trump did file his financial disclosure, which is enough.

Old 02-27-2016, 08:41 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,737,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Exactly. If Donnie the clown says it then it has to be true.

Trump just whined about these so called "audits" on his Twitter account 10 minutes ago.

"I unfairly get audited by the I.R.S. almost every single year. I have rich friends who never get audited. I wonder why?" Trump
He's being audited by the IRS. Got to wonder who is behind that. It wouldn't be the first time under Obama that the IRS took partisan action.

Trump clearly said yesterday that he won't release his return until the IRS is done auditing it. If you guys want transparency, why aren't you raising issue of Hillary's refusal to release those speech transcripts?

Ahh yeah. Partisan double standard.

Old 02-27-2016, 08:47 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,226,767 times
Complete non issue. But the anti Trump effort continues, boring. He will be the nominee, you guys understand that now correct? After Tuesday it will be time to support our candidate.

The reason the democrats win is because they circle around they're candidate and that's it. The games stop. Maybe you didn't get the memo, but we have an election to win. Enough of this bullsh*t already...

Old 02-27-2016, 08:49 AM

34,299 posts, read 15,713,373 times
MSNBC’s Chief Legal Correspondent Ari Melber explains it well and the Tax legal experts agree it would not be prudent for anyone to release tax information during an audit. There is nothing legal that prevents or requires someone to do it. If information is released during an audit and the IRS does something that requires a change in the tax return then Trump would be accused by media and critics ( C-D Trump basher academy alumni ) of releasing false or inaccurate information. That is what people who want Trump to release the returns now want to achieve. That's also why they come across as someone who likes to pee into the wind.
Trump is on the correct side of the issue once again demonstrating superior leadership. Setting the example once again of the kind of leadership needed to put America back on the track to a better future.

"GO TRUMP" or live in a 3rd world dump. Togather we can " Make America Great Again, Better Than Ever Before"

The greatest country on the planet is in decline. It can regain the position of number one in the world again with good leadership.
Don't believe anyone who tells you to accept less. Don't ever forget that BUCfAN !!! We can regain the top spot we once enjoyed.

Last edited by phma; 02-27-2016 at 09:03 AM..

Old 02-27-2016, 08:50 AM

3,126 posts, read 2,087,832 times
It was also the height of hypocrisy when Rubio and Cruz kept hitting Trump for this at the debate since they had not released theirs either.

Old 02-27-2016, 08:51 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,994,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
There was a tax attorney on MSNBC, I think, who said he would not advise Trump to release his tax returns until the audit is completed. He does not work for Trump.

From a political standpoint and my perspective, you don't want to be discussing them more than once, so dribbling them out is not a good idea.

And you do know that on income tax returns you report income not net worth, right?
But they do reveal a lot of information that Trump doesn't wanna let us know, maybe because it would reveal he has been lying about his networth and income.

Personal and business tax returns might not reveal net worth but they reveal:

- Interest earned
- Capital gains or losses
- Rents received
- Business income
- Interest paid on real estate(debt)
- Charitable contributions

Old 02-27-2016, 08:54 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,737,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
But they do reveal a lot of information that Trump doesn't wanna let us know.
It's your opinion that Trump wants to hide this information.

I say he doesn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections