Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 07:45 PM

79,910 posts, read 44,432,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Just against this particular batch of Republican candidates. In a different time, maybe it's not as big a deal. But nope, don't want to see any chance of any one of the clown car passengers (no idea if anyone is even driving the car??) to get in.
I doubt it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 07:57 PM

38,926 posts, read 24,043,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
True.
But Sanders or Clinton for sure won't be easy on whoever the GOP nominee is either! And as ist stands Cruz, Trump or Rubio all make excellent targets, just like Clinton herself or even Sanders. It will be a mud-slinging fest........
I want Sanders vs Trump just to see Sanders lambasted Trump for being a billionaire businessman turned politicans trying to remove the middlemen in the oligarchy the US turning into.

Old 02-24-2016, 06:33 AM

59,555 posts, read 27,723,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Yes, I also wonder why she was re-elected to the U.S. Senate by a higher percentage if she's so disliked by the people she served? She won 55% in 2000 and 67% of the vote in 2006 IIRC.

But just ask any Republican and they'll make up some excuse. After all, Obama doesn't represent "the people" according to the GOP candidates. When I hear "Take Back Our Country" I always want to ask "from whom?" It's "the other" person who doesn't belong in the White House!
" I also wonder why she was re-elected to the U.S. Senate by a higher percentage if she's so disliked by the people she served? "

I DON'T think she IS disliked by the people of NY, mostly NY city.

As is the case with many states. The Urban dem vote beats the rest of the states repub vote.

She replaced a VERY liberal Patrick Moynahan so, it only goes to reason that they would keep electing other liberals.

Old 02-24-2016, 06:38 AM

14,221 posts, read 7,008,802 times
Lazio was her opponent in 2000 and he was leading her right before the election, but was demonized as a sexist bully in all the corporate papers and corporate news media after this, where he requested her to sign a pledge to not take millions of dark money to fund her campaign. I encourage everyone to watch it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMJZo4UeTYQ

Old 02-24-2016, 07:14 AM

25,856 posts, read 20,798,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Well.... Hillary Clinton, as US Senator had the perfect pulpit to raise serious doubts about the Iraq war. As a former First Lady she would have garnered all the attention from the media that she needed to do this. But that also would involve political risk. Not something that someone does, who doesn't stand for anything.

So instead of raising the red flag, Hillary decided instead wrap to herself in the American Flag like the rest of the freedom fry eating idiots that pushed for that war.. The rest is history and it was a great opportunity lost on her part.
Agreed.

I appreciate Sanders taking the high road.
It's a very welcome change.

Who knows what will happen with the ongoing email dumps, etc.
Should that mess blow up, better for Sanders to have maintained his distance than to have been dragged down into the muck.

Old 02-24-2016, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
IA was disputed, NH was a blowout Sanders win, NV was a Clinton win. So far, I'd count them tied up. The whole superdelegate issue just completely stinks of corruption.
Based solely on earned delegate count, they are essentially tied up 52 - 51.

Lots could happen between now and July when the super delegates actually commit.

Old 02-24-2016, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Yes, I also wonder why she was re-elected to the U.S. Senate by a higher percentage if she's so disliked by the people she served? She won 55% in 2000 and 67% of the vote in 2006 IIRC.

But just ask any Republican and they'll make up some excuse. After all, Obama doesn't represent "the people" according to the GOP candidates. When I hear "Take Back Our Country" I always want to ask "from whom?" It's "the other" person who doesn't belong in the White House!
New Yorkers can be lazy voters.
Always better the devil you know...
How else to explain how Schumer keeps getting re-elected?

Old 02-24-2016, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Sanders ran away with the only election where people actually voted.
Good point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections