Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 06:00 AM

988 posts, read 682,771 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure that Trump wins this one in a walkover, as some people are saying. Trump and Bernie both have vision and can inspire people.

I think Hillary would kill Trump in terms of experience, knowledge, etc. but I'm not sure that any of that matters without vision, and Hillary has none. Jeb Bush and Chris Christie had knowledge and experience too, and where are they now? "I have experience running a real state, making tough decisions, blah, blah, blah." OK, now shut up and sit down, nobody wants to hear it. Voters want to know where you are going to take them, not where you've been. This is something Hillary can't tell people. She has no rationale, no raison d'etre for her campaign, other than being a woman. I understand that her supporters can chime in with, "Hillary is this and that," but Hillary herself is making no case for her election other than experience and being female. It is making me worry now that she will have trouble in the general election. DWS may single-handedly have hamstrung the Democratic Party in the general election by rigging the primary. Not cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 06:13 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Krab View Post
I'd like to see this.

Trump wouldn't be able to use the "he's completely controlled by his donors" line. Sanders is also a nice guy that people on both sides respect, so Trump would just seem bitter if he hurled insults.

It would be a unique debate that forces Trump to alter the strategy that has got him so far. This is why I think Sanders would actually be a tougher opponent for him than Hillary Clinton.
Didn't we try the nice guy routine for President before, with Jimmy Carter? That didn't work too well.

So that could make an interesting catch. Those who are young and weren't around for the Carter administration might go for such a debate. Those who are older and know about Carter as President may not be that impressed in watching Sanders.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:23 AM

285 posts, read 176,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Didn't we try the nice guy routine for President before, with Jimmy Carter? That didn't work too well.

So that could make an interesting catch. Those who are young and weren't around for the Carter administration might go for such a debate. Those who are older and know about Carter as President may not be that impressed in watching Sanders.
I didn't live through the Carter era, so I wouldn't know.

My point is that people love it when Trump insults the establishment candidates, as the public have little sympathy for those puppets. He won't be able to pull the same trick on Sanders – who is renown for being the "genuine" candidate.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:35 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,960,195 times
Quote:

The reason Sanders goes soft and nice now is because he is in a Dem primary and up against a woman. He knows he cant go all out and risk rattling the whole party and being demonized as a sexist *******.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:37 AM

This is how Sanders can be against republicans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdp4fUowhbw

Old 02-26-2016, 06:40 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
The reason Sanders goes soft and nice now is because he is in a Dem primary and up against a woman. He knows he cant go all out and risk rattling the whole party and being demonized as a sexist *******.
Quite frankly, every time I see a press photo, video of him, I don't see a soft and nice man but rather a yelling, angry man, so I don't quite know where people are seeing this nice man.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Quite frankly, every time I see a press photo, video of him, I don't see a soft and nice man but rather a yelling, angry man, so I don't quite know where people are seeing this nice man.
Yes, it's definitely wrong to compare him to Carter. He is a mix of a bulldog and a horse. Trump would be beaten so badly his head would spin. This is a pretty good scenario of how it would unfold:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trLdeK6RzIE

Old 02-26-2016, 07:00 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
We would learn nothing from a Trump Sanders debate. I don't care if I ever see one of these so-called debates again. They have been degraded into nothing but reality tv where the winner is the one who can put on the best show, throw the best zinger and get the headlines the next day. The town halls they have been holding are far more interesting and informative.

Old 02-26-2016, 07:31 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We would learn nothing from a Trump Sanders debate. I don't care if I ever see one of these so-called debates again. They have been degraded into nothing but reality tv where the winner is the one who can put on the best show, throw the best zinger and get the headlines the next day. The town halls they have been holding are far more interesting and informative.

Agreed. At least on the GOP side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-McIdVuY88

Old 02-26-2016, 07:37 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Exactly. Especially with the Repubs, it's just turned into a Trump insult fest where direct questions are avoided by insulting someone else, and then people cheer.

"Why did you hire illegal aliens..?"

"Did I mention that Mitt Romney was a terrible candidate?"

"Why did you fund Hillary Clinton's campaign?"

"Hey Mr. Moderator, you radio ratings suck!!"

I fear Ted Cruz more than Trump because he is an extremist Zealot..but are people really going to elect a person whose response to every criticism is an insult?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections