Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 07:40 AM

1,660 posts, read 2,537,518 times

Advertisements

Trump would eat him up and spit him out. Hillary would do the same to Trump. Pretty easy to picture if you've been following this circus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 07:46 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,951,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
Trump would eat him up and spit him out. Hillary would do the same to Trump. Pretty easy to picture if you've been following this circus.
I don't see that at all. Bernie vs. Trump would be a shoe-in for Sanders. There just isn't much he can attack him on. People respect Sanders and his views are very popular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEJ6PxcmHec

The only reason why Hillary would wipe the floor with Trump is because they are good friends, and that has been the plan all along.

Old 02-26-2016, 07:54 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,558,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
Trump is my hero and our last hope. He may be our last chance to save this country - especially after Obama's full-on dismantling of everything that made America a first-world nation and super power.

Trump would wipe the floor with Bernie. I don't think it'd be that good a debate.
Did you even watch the debate last night? Trump doesn't have one clue how to accomplish ANY of his rhetoric. None whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I watched part of his MSNBC last night and they looked like they put rouge and lipstick on him....it was a pretty pathetic picture. But content-wise, he doesn't come across with spouting the rhetoric you hear from all of the other candidates. Kind of refreshing - but his social ideas are too "out there" for me to support him.
Bernie did not have a good night last night. He basically admitted to Chris Matthews that he has no way to accomplish ANY of his ideas other than a massive 'uprising' of the people that so far has not happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unwillingphoenician View Post
I'm not sure that Trump wins this one in a walkover, as some people are saying. Trump and Bernie both have vision and can inspire people.

I think Hillary would kill Trump in terms of experience, knowledge, etc. but I'm not sure that any of that matters without vision, and Hillary has none. Jeb Bush and Chris Christie had knowledge and experience too, and where are they now? "I have experience running a real state, making tough decisions, blah, blah, blah." OK, now shut up and sit down, nobody wants to hear it. Voters want to know where you are going to take them, not where you've been. This is something Hillary can't tell people. She has no rationale, no raison d'etre for her campaign, other than being a woman. I understand that her supporters can chime in with, "Hillary is this and that," but Hillary herself is making no case for her election other than experience and being female. It is making me worry now that she will have trouble in the general election. DWS may single-handedly have hamstrung the Democratic Party in the general election by rigging the primary. Not cool.
Hillary would kill Trump in terms of experience and you obviously have listened to NONE of her town halls, etc if you don't think she has plans for the future. And as far as just voting for her for being female? You sound like a typical Bernie/Trump supporter.

Bernie has tons of talk but not one way to accomplish anything. Did you see him on Chris Matthews last night? He could not give ONE instance where he could get 60 votes for anything. Not one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
Yes.

Old 02-26-2016, 08:00 AM

988 posts, read 684,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Hillary would kill Trump in terms of experience and you obviously have listened to NONE of her town halls, etc if you don't think she has plans for the future. And as far as just voting for her for being female? You sound like a typical Bernie/Trump supporter.

Bernie has tons of talk but not one way to accomplish anything. Did you see him on Chris Matthews last night? He could not give ONE instance where he could get 60 votes for anything. Not one.
I've watched all the debates and town halls.

Agreed. Hillary would kill Trump in terms of experience. I said that first, before you did. But nobody cares. Hillary has no vision. Again, people don't care where you've been, they care where you're taking them. Hillary can't articulate that. Her campaign looks like it is entitlement-based. Where is the equivalent of the wall for Trump, or the banks for Bernie? What is her answer (not yours) to the question, "Why are you running for president?"

As far as Hillary being a woman for office, this is a direct quote from her first presidential debate: "I think being the first woman president would be quite a change from the presidents we've had." So that is what she is running on. She's allowed to mention that, but nobody else? That explains a large part of her appeal to some supporters, not all.

I desperately want to vote for a democrat in the general election. Hillary is an awful, awful candidate. She needs to articulate a vision and do it fast, because other people in the race are. And her vision has to be more than I'm a woman and I deserve it. That sounds like entitlement.

Old 02-26-2016, 08:09 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,558,235 times
Quote:
I've watched all the debates and town halls.

Agreed. Hillary would kill Trump in terms of experience. I said that first, before you did. But nobody cares. Hillary has no vision. Again, people don't care where you've been, they care where you're taking them. Hillary can't articulate that. Her campaign looks like it is entitlement-based. Where is the equivalent of the wall for Trump, or the banks for Bernie? What is her answer (not yours) to the question, "Why are you running for president?"

As far as Hillary being a woman for office, this is a direct quote from her first presidential debate: "I think being the first woman president would be quite a change from the presidents we've had." So that is what she is running on. She's allowed to mention that, but nobody else? That explains a large part of her appeal to some supporters, not all.

I desperately want to vote for a democrat in the general election. Hillary is an awful, awful candidate. She needs to articulate a vision and do it fast, because other people in the race are. And her vision has to be more than I'm a woman and I deserve it. That sounds like entitlement.
One sentence does not translate into an entire campaign slogan. Please. She has mentioned many ways in which she would try and even the playing field for everyone. Again, if that is all you heard then you are just listening to your predisposed bias. It happens.

Old 02-26-2016, 08:14 AM

6,205 posts, read 7,467,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I'm not a fan of Sander's social program, but think he's the best speaker as far as content.
He's professorial and makes his points in a systematic, clear way.

Trump is an insult-machine, talks in segmented, word salad points - free association with no real forethought - really reactionary with superlatives about himself and what he thinks he can do.
That's what makes Trump attractive in the eyes of his fans. If someone speaks and behaves like that, he must be a great president!

Old 02-26-2016, 08:15 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,240,088 times
Quote:
Mention it how? Are the men running going to say that a woman shouldn't be President and only men should be? It's not the focus of her campaign and she's running on her experience and her knowledge and her policies, but it's a fact that she would be the first woman President if she is elected.

Old 02-26-2016, 08:17 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,544,446 times
Two scowling angry men - one yelling, the other tossing insults - and neither with a grasp of foreign affairs?

I'd pass.

Old 02-26-2016, 08:44 AM

988 posts, read 684,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Mention it how? Are the men running going to say that a woman shouldn't be President and only men should be? It's not the focus of her campaign and she's running on her experience and her knowledge and her policies, but it's a fact that she would be the first woman President if she is elected.
Look, I'm FOR a female president. I wish I had a chance to vote for Elizabeth Warren, not Hillary Clinton, but that's the way it goes.

My point is simply this: Hillary needs to give me some vision of why I should vote for her for president other than her anatomy. She needs to come up with something other than experience plus being female, something like the banks for Bernie or the wall for Donald. Why are you running is a legitimate question. She hasn't answered it.

And can we please stop with the "experience and knowledge" thing. NOBODY CARES. Nobody. Trust me on this. It bears repeating. NOBODY CARES. Experience is not necessarily a good thing, especially in politics, especially this year. Imagine a non-functional high school, with kids beating down teachers, nobody learning anything, and graffiti all over the walls. That's how people see our government. Now it's time to pick a new principal. The faithful secretary raises her hand and says, "I've been working in this place for thirty-five years. I know more about how it runs than anybody. Pick me." THAT'S HILLARY. That was also Jeb Bush and Chris Christie. See you later. Who we really want for principal is the guy or gal who's going to come in with a baseball bat, kick butt, take names, and clean up the whole situation, or at least say that's what they are going to do. That's Donald and Bernie.

Hillary has zero vision, none, zip, nada. She needs to come up with something other than female + experience. Nobody is buying it.

Old 02-26-2016, 08:47 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,240,088 times
Quote:
Look, I'm FOR a female president. I wish I had a chance to vote for Elizabeth Warren, not Hillary Clinton, but that's the way it goes.

My point is simply this: Hillary needs to give me some vision of why I should vote for her for president other than her anatomy. She needs to come up with something other than experience plus being female, something like the banks for Bernie or the wall for Donald. Why are you running is a legitimate question. She hasn't answered it.

And can we please stop with the "experience and knowledge" thing. NOBODY CARES. Nobody. Trust me on this. It bears repeating. NOBODY CARES. Experience is not necessarily a good thing, especially in politics, especially this year. Imagine a non-functional high school, with kids beating down teachers, nobody learning anything, and graffiti all over the walls. That's how people see our government. Now it's time to pick a new principal. The faithful secretary raises her hand and says, "I've been working in this place for thirty-five years. I know more about how it runs than anybody. Pick me." THAT'S HILLARY. Who we really want for principal is the guy or gal who's going to come in with a baseball bat, kick butt, take names, and clean up the whole situation, or at least say that's what they are going to do. That's Donald and Bernie.

Hillary has zero vision, none, zip, nada. She needs to come up with something other than female + experience. Nobody is buying it.
Except seemingly the majority of Democratic voters. Oh, I'm not counting my chickens here, and I know that polls aren't the same as votes. But I think that after tomorrow in SC and after Super Tuesday, it will be pretty clear that lots of people care and lots of people think she should be our next president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections