Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 10:10 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,952,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I think Hillary supporters are just tired, in general, of being threatened by Bernie supporters that IF we don't vote for Bernie in the primary; they will refused to support Hillary.

I've written that off as something I cannot control and what will be will be.
It's not a threat-I think they're just being genuinely honest.

I know for me, I could never bring myself to vote for Hillary. I am a registered Independent and am switching to Democrat to vote for Bernie in the primaries. I know others that are doing the same.

I gave up on the Democratic Party and even the two-party system a while ago but I realize Bernie is very different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 10:12 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,560,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post

I know for me, I could never bring myself to vote for Hillary. I am a registered Independent and am switching to Democrat to vote for Bernie in the primaries. I know others that are doing the same.

I gave up on the Democratic Party and even the two-party system a while ago but I realize Bernie is very different.
It is a threat and I've been threatened time and again. I've no doubt that some feel that way but I seriously doubt that ALL feel that way and again, some are obviously shills for the right wing.

I'm just done with it.

Everyone vote their conscience and let the chips fall where they may.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:13 AM

988 posts, read 684,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Exactly. You cannot bully me into supporting Sanders, so please stop trying.
It's true that you see most in other people the qualities that you yourself possess.

I've been pretty much the only Bernie supporter on this thread, and attacked relentlessly by a pack of Hillary supporters who act suspiciously like the Bernie Bros I've read about on the Internet but never actually encountered in the wild. And then they bring up bullying. Nobody is bullying anybody on this thread into anything, unless it's you guys trying to bully me in accepting that real phenomena such as a rigged election are not real. Even DWS's second in command at the DNC expressed reservations about the propriety of the debate schedule as rigged by DWS, and yet if somebody points out that obvious fact, they're trying to bully you into voting for Bernie.

I expressed, if you'll reread my comments, strong reservations about supporting Bernie as an independent candidate, whether or not the election is rigged. That's bullying? Your candidate has issues. Address them. I want to vote for her.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I've no doubt that some feel that way but I seriously doubt that ALL feel that way.
I'm just done with it.

Everyone vote their conscience and let the chips fall where they may.
Agreed, and I've had this conversation with others before. I do believe many Bernie supporters to be too dismissive of the opinions of others, but I also believe it comes from a place of research and passion.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:16 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,545,548 times
Quote:
But seriously, if this ridiculousness about the primary being rigged is going to continue, then yeah. Have him pull out right now. Have him return ALL the DNC data. Have him have zero party infrastructure. Hillary can just keep running an ad saying he has no integrity with his own words. Let's see how far that gets him.
Bernie wants and needs and uses and embraces everything the DNC has to offer. His supporters extoll him yet despise the organization that enables him to run as a serious candidate.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:16 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,243,047 times
Quote:

And why do you assume that there aren't Hillary supporters out there who feel like they could never bring themselves to vote for Bernie?

There are, you know. Some who are disgusted by the fact that after proudly declaring for decades that he wasn't a Democrat, he joined the party in order to run for the nomination. Disgusted by the fact that he petulantly whined about Planned Parenthood being "the establishment" when he didn't get their endorsement.

And yes, increasingly disgusted at the complaints that the primary is rigged as it becomes clear that he is just not as popular with voters.

And no, this isn't my opinion, it's the opinion of at least some Hillary supporters out there. There are Hillary supporters who are every bit as passionate about and committed to their candidate as Bernie supporters.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
And why do you assume that there aren't Hillary supporters out there who feel like they could never bring themselves to vote for Bernie?

There are, you know. Some who are disgusted by the fact that after proudly declaring for decades that he wasn't a Democrat, he joined the party in order to run for the nomination. Disgusted by the fact that he petulantly whined about Planned Parenthood being "the establishment" when he didn't get their endorsement.

And yes, increasingly disgusted at the complaints that the primary is rigged as it becomes clear that he is just not as popular with voters.

And no, this isn't my opinion, it's the opinion of at least some Hillary supporters out there. There are Hillary supporters who are every bit as passionate about and committed to their candidate as Bernie supporters.
I'm sorry I don't believe that for one second.

Who would Clinton supporters vote for if it were Bernie versus Trump or Cruz or Rubio?

That's right-100% the Democrat nominee, whomever it is. You may know people that feel the way you are describing, but I would not call them true Democrats then and they are most likely statistically irrelevant.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:21 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,243,047 times
Quote:
I'm sorry I don't believe that for one second.

Who would Clinton supporters vote for if it were Bernie versus Trump or Cruz or Rubio?

That's right-100% the Democrat nominee, whomever it is. You may know people that feel the way you are describing, but I would not call them true Democrats then and they are most likely statistically irrelevant.
They're crossing their fingers that Bloomberg jumps in.

Not kidding.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:21 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,545,548 times
Quote:

And no, this isn't my opinion, it's the opinion of at least some Hillary supporters out there.
Going by social media, it's a growing trend. Hillary supporters are seeing through his "pure as driven snow" facade. IF Bernie is still a contender after Super Tuesday, he needs to repudiate his more radical and vocal followers or risk being responsible for the party going the way of the GOP.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:22 AM

Quote:
They're crossing their fingers that Bloomberg jumps in.

Not kidding.
Well, that would certainly be very interesting. My brother is praying for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections