Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 01:49 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,860,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They can either win with Trump or lose with anyone else. It will be interesting to see what they decide.

If McConnell decides on losing there are a lot of other (R) that will need to also pack their bags.

Trump will not win and no Conservative wants their party associated with Trump. Sounds like it is time to let the GOP go the way of the Whig Party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 01:51 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,484,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Trump will not win and no Conservative wants their party associated with Trump. Sounds like it is time to let the GOP go the way of the Whig Party.
Conservatives are acting like Purists, that's why they keep losing elections and will continue to do so. They are their own worst enemies. They would rather see a Democrat in office than someone running under their own umbrella. Douchebags if you ask me.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
And if they sit out because Trump is on the ticket, they will most likely be the party faithful. As in the ones who vote straight party ticket. Keeping him in will hurt them in congress and local elections. I can understand why they would rather keep congress than have a Democrat, who calls himself a Republican, as president.
I disagree. I am not a party faithful and I will not vote for Trump.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Conservatives are acting like Purists, that's why they keep losing elections and will continue to do so. They are their own worst enemies. They would rather see a Democrat in office than someone running under their own umbrella. Douchebags if you ask me.

Purists? Yeah, we silly purists want a leader who will uphold the oath of office and one who actually UNDERSTANDS the constitution. Call me what you want. Voting for Trump is voting for Hilary. I choose to vote for neither.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Then, Austria, then Czechosolvakia, then Poland...........
All you need is the Howard Dean screech and you've won!

Old 03-02-2016, 01:57 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,484,389 times
Quote:
Purists? Yeah, we silly purists want a leader who will uphold the oath of office and one who actually UNDERSTANDS the constitution. Call me what you want. Voting for Trump is voting for Hilary. I choose to vote for neither.
You have no idea what you speak of. Trump has never been in office so you have no idea what you say. So go ahead and throw another election by throwing your temper tantrum. See the difference between Trump supporters and Cruz supporters is that Trump supporters will still vote for Cruz if he is the nominee, Cruz supporters will either vote for the Dem or not vote at all. That's called childish.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
Why? He's the only one of the crowd that doesn't want to intervene in Syria, which would lead to such a clash.
Yeah,, but he supports the other guys doing it.

Trump Supports Putin's Russia Policy in Syria

Old 03-02-2016, 02:06 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,137,337 times
Quote:
Yeah,, but he supports the other guys doing it.

Trump Supports Putin's Russia Policy in Syria
What's wrong with Russia securing a strategic sea port for them?

Old 03-02-2016, 02:42 PM

79,910 posts, read 44,443,995 times
Quote:
There are very few Conservatives in the GOP party. They have all defected to the (L) party as the GOP has left them long ago.

If I recall, this is a subject you really don't want to discuss.

When did war with countries that did nothing to us become a cornerstone of Conservatism? (that are then not paid for)

Old 03-02-2016, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
You have no idea what you speak of. Trump has never been in office so you have no idea what you say. So go ahead and throw another election by throwing your temper tantrum. See the difference between Trump supporters and Cruz supporters is that Trump supporters will still vote for Cruz if he is the nominee, Cruz supporters will either vote for the Dem or not vote at all. That's called childish.

I don't have to see a person in office to expect him to act in the manner in which he speaks. Trump is Obama. Sorry if you don't see it, but he is. He campaigns the same and he will "rule" the same way.

I have been called worse. I am immune to the guilt trips, name calling, etc. It worked in 2008 and in 2012, but I'm done. If the GOP cannot support the only true conservative in the race, why should they expect the conservative wing to support their candidate??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections