Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 03:12 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,283,213 times

Advertisements

Why Senator Cruz doesn't use his real name RAFAEL and changed it to "Ted"?......is he ashamed of his Latino Heritage.....I guess with the name RAFAEL that doesn't sound too "AMERICAN" when campaigning in the republican party south.

I can't imagine his supporters chanting "RAFAEL" "RAFAEL" RAFAEL" "RAFAEL" "RAFAEL"....sounds like a dictator from some 3rd world Latin country.

I always question a person that is ashamed of his roots and doesn't want to use his birth given name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 03:18 PM

23,586 posts, read 17,266,039 times
Henry David Thoreau's name is really David Henry Thoreau....

Can't keep track of all of obama's names.

Then there is Charlie Sheen and his bro Emilio Estevez and dad Martin Sheen.

Rafael was a famous Italian Painter

yours to interpret and have fun with and make political hay for your advantage

Old 02-27-2016, 03:19 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,282,825 times
LOL how desperate OP.

Old 02-27-2016, 03:22 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,685,380 times
I won a RAFAEL once. I bought three of the two dollar tickets and got called on the first draw. I got a trip and one week stay on Fantasy Island and heard the little man say " look boss the plane, the plane". I wanted to get inside that plane and see if it had the rich corinthian leather or if it was "two corinthian" seats. Sadly I never did. Maybe if RAFAEL had a easier name like Fernando he would be as proud as Fernando Lamas. Hmmmmm ?????? Hard to say.

Old 02-27-2016, 03:22 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,282,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post

I always question a person that is ashamed of his roots and doesn't want to use his birth given name.
Seems to be an issue that also runs in the Trump heritage!

Quote:
Trump's paternal grandparents, Elizabeth (née Christ) and Frederick Trump, were emigrants who moved to the United States from Germany in 1885.[14] Frederick worked as a successful Klondike Gold Rush restaurateur.[15][16][17] His family surname was originally Drumpf, but this was changed to Trump in the 17th century.[18] In a 1976 New York Times biographical profile,[19] and again in Trump's 1987 book, The Art of the Deal, he incorrectly states that Frederick Trump was of Swedish origin,[20][21] an assertion that Fred Trump had made for many years.[22] Trump later acknowledged his German ancestry and served as grand marshal of the 1999 German-American Steuben Parade in New York City.[11]

Old 02-27-2016, 03:24 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,060,976 times
Quote:
Why Senator Cruz doesn't use his real name RAFAEL and changed it to "Ted"?......is he ashamed of his Latino Heritage.....I guess with the name RAFAEL that doesn't sound too "AMERICAN" when campaigning in the republican party south.

I can't imagine his supporters chanting "RAFAEL" "RAFAEL" RAFAEL" "RAFAEL" "RAFAEL"....sounds like a dictator from some 3rd world Latin country.

I give him a pass on this one. His father has the same name. When your mother yells, "RAFAEL get in here!" You need to know if you or your father is in big trouble.

Old 02-27-2016, 03:28 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,833,000 times
Quote:

Who cares?

Oh, you're a Trumpkin... figures...

Anyway, I'm a liberal who thinks Ted Cruz is among the lowest of the low (he's fighting Trump for the bottom of that dubious pile). But... his name? Seriously? You sound as juvenile as people who called Romney 'Willard' (his given first name), or who call Obama 'Barry' (for the usual racist reasons).

I have a lot of issues with Ted Cruz. But... his name? Get a life.

Old 02-27-2016, 03:33 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,498,956 times
Maybe "Jeb!" could answer that?

Old 02-27-2016, 03:35 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,032,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I give him a pass on this one. His father has the same name. When your mother yells, "RAFAEL get in here!" You need to know if you or your father is in big trouble.
As has been previously discussed, he was called "Felito" --short for Rafaelito-- by his parents and others as a child. But when he was made fun of by kids when growing up in Houston, at 13, he changed his nickname to "Ted." His father was horrendously upset about that because he despised the liberal Ted Kennedy and felt his son was rejecting his Cuban heritage.

Old 02-27-2016, 03:36 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,346,038 times
Quote:

You're Trump rhetoric and bashing of candidates gets more absurd by the hour and you were just calling me out for hating on Trump? At least I am debating Trumps character or things he has done or said, you felt the need to start a troll post about Ted's name?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections