Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 06:16 PM

37,845 posts, read 41,204,811 times

Advertisements

I used to watch Glenn Beck when he was on the Headline News channel. Then I followed him over to Fox News and was disappointed when he left. I don't listen to the radio much anymore because I'm not in my car for long drives daily but I subscribed to his newsletter. Then they started to get really strange so I unsubscribed.

I lost track of him for awhile and then he turned up supporting Ted Cruz. Didn't think much of it but then he turned up in that anti-Trump National Review magazine which I thought was peculiar because in the old days those guys wouldn't give him the time of day. I do not know what he wrote so I can't comment on it but then he announced he was "fasting for Ted Cruz, our country and the Nevada Caucus."

Glenn Beck Asks Followers To 'Fast For Ted Cruz' | The Daily Caller

Yikes, I thought. Maybe he's trying to lose a few pounds.

I have no idea what he said to Megyn Kelly but I know he was on that show.

Trump walked in unexpectedly at the Nevada caucus location where Beck was speaking and the media and voters all ran over to Trump. At the time I was thinking, shouldn't Beck be weak from fasting, but didn't give it more than a minute's thought. The MSNBC reporter and camera man didn't have Beck on camera as they were talking about the caucus process while Beck was speaking and then ran to Trump when he walked in.

Now I read this:

Quote:
"Conservative talk show host Glenn Beck slammed Donald Trump’s supporters Wednesday on his radio show as “vile” and likened them to Nazis – while accusing Breitbart Chairman Stephen Bannon of doing Trump’s bidding, comparing him to Nazi propagandist Joseph Goebbels. Beck specifically had objected Wednesday to the way a Breitbart article described his comments regarding Trump’s caucus site appearance. The host, though, stood by his criticism of Trump supporters."

There's more:

Beck slams Trump supporters, Breitbart boss, compares both to Nazis | Fox News
Quote:
"Just when you thought the loony tornado of garbage surrounding the death of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia had reached peak weirdness, along comes Glenn Beck to take it to eleven. Calling in to his own radio program Tuesday, Beck began by casually riffing about how God sent Hurricane Sandy mainly to screw Mitt Romney, but then moved on to his theory that Our Lord and Savior has taken Scalia off the board so Ted Cruz can get elected:"

Literal Holy Crap: Glenn Beck Says Scalia
Did I miss an announcement that Glenn Beck is suffering from some kind of mental disorder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 06:19 PM

20,143 posts, read 16,280,537 times
I think this election has a lot of people going off the deep end.

Old 02-27-2016, 06:20 PM

7,127 posts, read 8,699,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I used to watch Glenn Beck when he was on the Headline News channel. Then I followed him over to Fox News and was disappointed when he left. I don't listen to the radio much anymore because I'm not in my car for long drives daily but I subscribed to his newsletter. Then they started to get really strange so I unsubscribed.

I lost track of him for awhile and then he turned up supporting Ted Cruz. Didn't think much of it but then he turned up in that anti-Trump National Review magazine which I thought was peculiar because in the old days those guys wouldn't give him the time of day. I do not know what he wrote so I can't comment on it but then he announced he was "fasting for Ted Cruz, our country and the Nevada Caucus."

Trump walked in unexpectedly at the Nevada caucus location where Beck was speaking and the media and voters all ran over to Trump. At the time I was thinking, shouldn't Beck be weak from fasting, but didn't give it more than a minute's thought. The MSNBC reporter and camera man didn't have Beck on camera as they were talking about the caucus process while Beck was speaking and then ran to Trump when he walked in.

Now I read this:

Did I miss an announcement that Glenn Beck is suffering from some kind of mental disorder?
No formal announcement yet...but like Kanye...if it walks and quacks like a duck...it's a duck!!!

Old 02-27-2016, 06:33 PM

11,985 posts, read 5,337,013 times
I don't think you can blame Beck's mental state on this election cycle. He's had a screw loose for a very long time.

Old 02-27-2016, 06:40 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,996,061 times
I thought it was hilarious that Beck's audience immediately deserted him mid speech and rushed over to Trump when Trump came into the caucus. There's a picture floating around of Beck standing on the sidelines with a sour expression on his face as he watches his audience fawn over Trump.

Small wonder he is full of even more vitriol than usual.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:05 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,309,015 times
I started a topic a few days ago saying the same thing and it got closed.....lol

Glenn Beck is calling Trump supporters BROWN SHIRTS and Trump a Hitler.....he is getting bad.

Not even Obama and W Bush who have abused their powers I would call them Hitler and their followers brown shirts......its pathetic listening to him.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:06 PM

30,311 posts, read 18,867,558 times
Quote:

Now I read this:

Glen Beck LIVES in the deep end.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:08 PM

30,566 posts, read 23,982,202 times
Even our resident anti-Trumpers who loathe and despise him aren't bat spit crazy like this guy. Did he really invoke Godwin's Law in real life? Glenn Beck, go home, you're done.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:12 PM

20,696 posts, read 12,599,359 times
Quote:

Now I read this:

He has been like that for years. Don't forget that he calls himself an entertainer.

We’re an entertainment company.
Beck admits he doesn't give 'a flying crap about the political process. ... We're an entertainment company.' | ThinkProgress

Old 02-27-2016, 07:15 PM

34,297 posts, read 15,749,664 times
Actually he has been off the deep end for a while. I think he has the same thing Howard Hughes had, without the money..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections