Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 07:36 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,957,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
What I'd like to know is how many of the trump voters who are so mad are going to vote their own congress person out of office at the same time they vote for trump? After all, they are sooooo angry at 'the government' and 'the establishment' and the 'party elite', shouldn't they also be voting to replace all those other people, too? Will be interesting to see what happens with other races over the summer.
That is precisely what I plan to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2016, 08:02 PM

30,285 posts, read 23,777,638 times
Quote:
What I'd like to know is how many of the trump voters who are so mad are going to vote their own congress person out of office at the same time they vote for trump? After all, they are sooooo angry at 'the government' and 'the establishment' and the 'party elite', shouldn't they also be voting to replace all those other people, too? Will be interesting to see what happens with other races over the summer.
You are soooooo wrong to assume that we won't.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:23 PM

9,892 posts, read 10,834,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
You people who get hung up on policies or even ideology are arguing the wrong election. In 2016, at least on the GOP side, those have become secondary. There are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo many Republicans who have just HAD IT with the scum GOP Establishment, and with Political Correctness. And they see 2016 as the chance to destroy both.
For me personally these days, I have only one thing to say to at least 90% of the political class (be they politicians, media, lobbyists, consultants, donors, campaign guys, staffers, etc). It's a two word expression and the first word starts with F.
Trump is to the left of the establishment ideology does matter. If he were the nominee and by some miracle was able to win, the gop will most likely lose the Senate... Let the deals begin. Trump and Harry Reid will make Mitch McConnell look like Attilla the Hun.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:56 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,959,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Lol at "political correctness". 9 times out of ten is just white males being bitter they can't say any racist, sexist,classist comments without any pushback like the good ole days
I understand where you're coming from.

Sometimes I think being "Anti-Political Correctness" is some sort of code word for "I AM A BIGOT AND I'M PROUD OF IT!"

Old 02-28-2016, 09:00 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,130,715 times
It's okay to make fun and harass minorities, gays and women. You don't need Mr. Trump for that.

Mick

Old 02-28-2016, 10:47 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,183,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
Media holdings: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trump_Organization

Read his books, he talks about how he easily controls the media (and media consumers like you) through manipulation. Donald Trump Explained How To Dominate The Media: 'I Play To Peoples Fantasies'

Trump is The Media Trump Is a Master at Manipulating the Media - US News

He campaigned for governer all over the state of New York and then in the end refused to officially run unless unopposed. Look it up.

He has run for president multiple times. Donald Trump is a politician. And there is no such thing as an anti-establishment billionaire.

Trust me I agree with your sentiments about the government and the media. And because of those very convictions I could never support Trump.
Your links are fascinating. Trump is dominating the media and he gave the roadmap in an interview in 1987. The only place he blew it was skipping the debate in Iowa. That didn't work out so well for him since he lost the state.

Old 02-28-2016, 11:28 PM

30,285 posts, read 23,777,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Your links are fascinating. Trump is dominating the media and he gave the roadmap in an interview in 1987. The only place he blew it was skipping the debate in Iowa. That didn't work out so well for him since he lost the state.
"Lost the state". He was only down by one single delegate. Cruz got 8, Trump got 7. Stop acting like he completely bombed.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:03 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,273,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I understand where you're coming from.

Sometimes I think being "Anti-Political Correctness" is some sort of code word for "I AM A BIGOT AND I'M PROUD OF IT!"
I support the 1st Amendment. The 1st Amendment is not politically correct in what it protects.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:57 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,708,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Maybe their politician voted "Nay" on the bloated budget bill. Should they still vote them out?
Are ya gonna keep them based on just one vote? After all the years of the votes and inaction that got you so 'angry'?

Old 02-29-2016, 05:03 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,273,228 times
Quote:
Are ya gonna keep them based on just one vote? After all the years of the votes and inaction that got you so 'angry'?
Yours is a vague question that is unanswerable. How do you know how they voted? You are assuming that everyone's represented voted wrongly every time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections