Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 06:38 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,267,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
I question what some really mean when they say they want to do away with, "political correctness."
If you want to move away from your neighbor that flies a Confederate flag, that is fine. If you want the government to do something, then it is not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 09:11 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,402,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If you want to move away from your neighbor that flies a Confederate flag, that is fine. If you want the government to do something, then it is not.
No one has seriously advocated for prohibiting private citizens from flying any flag they want on private property. Want to fly a Confederate flag or even a Nazi flag above your own house and show the world what a bigoted idiot you are? Be my guest. The government displaying one on public property? That's a different issue. Or is prohibiting display of the Confederate flag on state or federal government property what you mean by "political correctness?"

Old 02-29-2016, 10:35 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,913,787 times
Quote:
I question what some really mean when they say they want to do away with, "political correctness."
If you have ever read Solzhenitsyn you would not ask this question, because it was answered 40 years ago.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:51 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,143,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
You people who get hung up on policies or even ideology are arguing the wrong election. In 2016, at least on the GOP side, those have become secondary. There are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo many Republicans who have just HAD IT with the scum GOP Establishment, and with Political Correctness. And they see 2016 as the chance to destroy both.
For me personally these days, I have only one thing to say to at least 90% of the political class (be they politicians, media, lobbyists, consultants, donors, campaign guys, staffers, etc). It's a two word expression and the first word starts with F.
So why wouldn't all these fed up Republicans vote Democrat if they've had it with the scum GOP establishment? Or is that when you stop caring?

Old 02-29-2016, 12:51 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,913,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
So why wouldn't all these fed up Republicans vote Democrat if they've had it with the scum GOP establishment? Or is that when you stop caring?
I don't live in that neighborhood, but I do believe that the Dem Establishment is just as bad as the GOP's.

We have our own civil war to fight, thanks very much.

Old 02-29-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
No one has seriously advocated for prohibiting private citizens from flying any flag they want on private property. Want to fly a Confederate flag or even a Nazi flag above your own house and show the world what a bigoted idiot you are? Be my guest. The government displaying one on public property? That's a different issue. Or is prohibiting display of the Confederate flag on state or federal government property what you mean by "political correctness?"
The government can police itself.

Old 02-29-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
They have been in many instances as much of the problem. Would I advocate that they should vote for Bernie? I would. I doubt I'll convince many.

Hillary? No way.

Old 02-29-2016, 12:58 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,344,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
Trump IS the Establishment! Trump IS the Media! Trump is just another politician, he's been running for various political offices since the 80s, he just never won.
Exactly. Trump is in bad with WAY more people than any politician is. Big banks and countless corporations he's involved with and invested in who want him to look after their best interests at any cost. The only person worse than a corrupt politician is a corrupt businessman.

Old 02-29-2016, 01:06 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,823,765 times
How many so-called "conservatives" hoping that Trump blows up the Republican Party have actually voted Republican? I guess it's impossible to know.

Old 02-29-2016, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
How many so-called "conservatives" hoping that Trump blows up the Republican Party have actually voted Republican? I guess it's impossible to know.
He isn't going to blow up the Republican Party. What is hoped is that he cuts the legs out from under the current establishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections