Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 06:58 AM

7,680 posts, read 8,769,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
So isn't that turning against people's will especially after Hilary's big win in SC like you Bernie supporters were averring when Sanders won the primaries and superdelegates continued to endorse Hillary?
Do you always follow others in voting? Have no opnion or views of your own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
Feel the Bern is far to nice, polite and accommodative....And worst of all, completely lacks any type of death stroke or killer instinct. So it matters not who endorses him.

This wretch of a woman has so many skeletons rattling around in her closet you can both feel and hear bones clanking every time she speaks.

All its going to take is someone who is both tenacious and ruthless enough to cut her throat and never give her a chance to breathe or recuperate. Throw all this gentleman crap away - It won't kill the shrew. Thrust the long knives into her back.
It's a little better that she has come out, though. Monica is still alive today because the scandal was disposed before she could have been assassinated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 10:50 PM

2,081 posts, read 5,610,381 times
I've lived in Hawaii for quite a long while, and have seen Tulsi's rise. I am well aware of her father, Mike. Look at her past, look up her own statements, her "philosophy". I don't like her one bit.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:00 PM

39,340 posts, read 27,737,656 times
I agree with her, Sanders insists on considering foreign policy in terms of outcomes, not wishful thinking or political slogans.

So Sanders is a decent politician in that regard.

The only problem is his insane economic policy. Makes no sense at all.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:29 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,992,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I agree with her, Sanders insists on considering foreign policy in terms of outcomes, not wishful thinking or political slogans.

So Sanders is a decent politician in that regard.

The only problem is his insane economic policy. Makes no sense at all.
All our closest allies follow his economic policy and they are not insane allies IMO.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
All our closest allies follow his economic policy and they are not insane allies IMO.
I so disagree with this, and I like the old man.

He’s mused about a 90 percent tax rate on the rich — but the 1 percent aren’t going to pay for everything Sanders wants. If you want to spend like Europe, you also need to tax like Europe, and that means a value-added tax.

So these big-spending plans would also require a big middle-class tax hike. And keep in mind that the higher taxes would merely pay for new spending, not do anything about whittling down the historically high national debt.

America is Nothing like the rest of the world.

.. and he also said

"Bottom line is a path towards citizenship for 11 million undocumented people, if Congress doesn’t do the right thing, we use the executive orders of the president.”

NOBODY IN THE WORLD can afford this, I know everybody wants Santa Claus, but seriously?

Old 02-29-2016, 11:39 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,971,659 times
^Yes, America is nothing like the rest of the World because we have the most powerful currency in the history of the World.

If the Fed can create Trillions upon Trillions of dollars out of thin air since 2009 to hand over to less than 1% of the population-who had already been seeing record wealth- it can certainly do *something* *anything* for the backbone of our economy-hard working Middle Class Americans. Don't ever think otherwise.

Agreed about the illegals though. We need to save our country and American people before it being possible to help anyone else.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 03-01-2016 at 12:57 AM..

Old 03-01-2016, 09:16 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,992,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I so disagree with this, and I like the old man.

He’s mused about a 90 percent tax rate on the rich — but the 1 percent aren’t going to pay for everything Sanders wants. If you want to spend like Europe, you also need to tax like Europe, and that means a value-added tax.
90% tax is a myth. It was a facetious comment about Dwight Eisenhower and the myth has gone viral. Proof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui-fHDUnZDg

When it comes to spending, the US has a far more unequal distribution of income than Europe. A huge part of the national income and wealth in the US is in the hands of the richest people.

He has already said that you will pay more in taxes by the way (8.8% in employee and employer payroll tax) but you no longer will have to pay health insurance premiums. The current privatized system is a huge rip-off for the 99%. I think the really insane thing is that we accept getting ripped off by our health care companies.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:44 AM

830 posts, read 687,976 times
Gabbard is intelligent and speaks her mind; is bold for stepping away from the DNC and speaking out against Debbie; is a former field medic and war veteran; and on top of that she's hot and grew up in Hawaii. What more could you ask for? Hope she's somehow incorporated in this election.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
90% tax is a myth. It was a facetious comment about Dwight Eisenhower and the myth has gone viral. Proof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui-fHDUnZDg

When it comes to spending, the US has a far more unequal distribution of income than Europe. A huge part of the national income and wealth in the US is in the hands of the richest people.

He has already said that you will pay more in taxes by the way (8.8% in employee and employer payroll tax) but you no longer will have to pay health insurance premiums. The current privatized system is a huge rip-off for the 99%. I think the really insane thing is that we accept getting ripped off by our health care companies.
Still doesn't change the fact that

So these big-spending plans would also require a big middle-class tax hike. And keep in mind that the higher taxes would merely pay for new spending, not do anything about whittling down the historically high national debt.

America is Nothing like the rest of the world.

.. and he also said

"Bottom line is a path towards citizenship for 11 million undocumented people, if Congress doesn’t do the right thing, we use the executive orders of the president

all these said, I love the guy and I won't mind voting for him, but let's not pretend he is God or something. Same goes with Trump, he is no God, but I can't find anybody better than these two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections