Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 07:24 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,266,208 times

Advertisements

So Trump is getting flack today because he retweeted a quote attributed to Mussolini. Stalin has been quoted to say quantity has a quality of its own and he proved in it in the war. I am sure Genghis Khan must have uttered a few pearls of wisdom too. So, what is wrong with using them if they are proven correct? Is the downside worth it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2016, 07:27 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,511,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
So Trump is getting flack today because he retweeted a quote attributed to Mussolini. Stalin has been quoted to say quantity has a quality of its own and he proved in it in the war. I am sure Genghis Khan must have uttered a few pearls of wisdom too. So, what is wrong with using them if they are proven correct? Is the downside worth it?
why don't we just give him every hitler quote about making Germany great again by getting rid of the jews and spray tan a dark mustache on him?

Old 02-28-2016, 08:16 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,968,038 times
Quote:
If Obama had quoted some "pearls of wisdom" from Osama Bin Laden or Mohamed Atta would you still only care that they are proven correct?

No one with an IQ higher than 20 truly believes Trump's campaign doesn't know where things come from before they post them on Twitter. They are not stupid. They know exactly what they are doing.

I don't care about his motives. No decent politician would quote Mussolini under any circumstances.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:58 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,266,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post

I don't care about his motives. No decent politician would quote Mussolini under any circumstances.
Italians for Trump. He did say he can broaden the base.

Old 02-28-2016, 09:54 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,032,384 times
Cool Clown battle

Even if it's a clown battle, it's still a battle. You need to know what you're doing.

Old 02-28-2016, 10:04 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,601,044 times
"Last year, we set a trap for Trump. We came up with the idea for that Mussolini bot under the assumption that Trump would retweet just about anything, no matter how dubious or vile the source, as long as it sounded like praise for himself. (It helps that that a number of Mussolini’s quotes sound plausibly like lines from Trump’s myriad books.) The account, @ilduce2016, was created by Gawker senior writer Ashley Feinberg and Gawker Media Editorial Labs director Adam Pash. It has tweeted solely at Donald Trump, multiple times a day, since December 2015."
How We Fooled Donald Trump Into Retweeting Benito Mussolini

I'm a bit disappointed that he got sucked into it but they've been patiently waiting since December for it and I guess they finally succeeded.
I'm sure he didn't know. But still, he should have. Everyone under the sun tries to get rid of him, it just makes more people admire him sticking in there despite how hard he has it compared to others running.

Old 02-28-2016, 10:09 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,821,115 times
Quote:

Nothing is wrong with it, despite Chuck Todd's look of consternation this morning. They're just hoping something will stick.

Old 02-28-2016, 10:13 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,028,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
"Last year, we set a trap for Trump. We came up with the idea for that Mussolini bot under the assumption that Trump would retweet just about anything, no matter how dubious or vile the source, as long as it sounded like praise for himself. (It helps that that a number of Mussolini’s quotes sound plausibly like lines from Trump’s myriad books.) The account, @ilduce2016, was created by Gawker senior writer Ashley Feinberg and Gawker Media Editorial Labs director Adam Pash. It has tweeted solely at Donald Trump, multiple times a day, since December 2015."
How We Fooled Donald Trump Into Retweeting Benito Mussolini

I'm a bit disappointed that he got sucked into it but they've been patiently waiting since December for it and I guess they finally succeeded.
I'm sure he didn't know. But still, he should have. Everyone under the sun tries to get rid of him, it just makes more people admire him sticking in there despite how hard he has it compared to others running.

"At the time of the account’s creation, Gawker Media Executive Editor John Cook expressed some concern that the joke behind the account was far too obvious, and wouldn’t trick anyone but a complete idiot.

Today, Donald Trump proved him—and all of us—right."

Precious! ...only I'm not one who admires the idiot!

Old 02-28-2016, 10:15 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,601,044 times
Trump needs a nice translator....lol

Obama has an anger translator...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6NfRMv-4OY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkLzSLkYnGc
Trump snl

At least they both have a good sense of humor.

Old 03-01-2016, 05:45 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,821,115 times
Quote:
Italians for Trump. He did say he can broaden the base.

They're still salivating over this, too. I thought I'd seen everything when Chuck Todd (in his Peter Brady, squeaking voice) asked Trump if he wanted to be "associated" with Mussolini, after Trump repeated that he liked the quote.

I have an affinity for good quotes, too, despite who may have said them. Again, Trump's not playing their game and they're beside themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections