Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2016, 06:28 PM

9,395 posts, read 6,519,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
No, you did with your photos showing . . two women wearing a blue dress and nothing more whilst drumming up a conspiracy about how Chelsea (who's only wrongdoing is being the daughter of people in the spotlight) attempted to look like Duchess Kate. Just dumb.

Imagine the outrage if she had a spot on the today show like Jenna Bush. OMG - we would never hear the end of it.

Now I'm done with this and you may have the last word. I know you are dying for it.
Quote:
I changed my mind. It was and continues to be one of the most petty things I have ever seen posted on CD.

It was a woman holding a baby in a blue dress and nothing more. That you choose to make something of it - says more about you than it does the woman in the photo.

You are the one all riled up. Calm down; it's an internet message board and nothing more. I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
Quote:
Of course you said it with malice - do you not even recall what you posted?

I am going to maintain that you are the one who gets their news from US weekly and thus, are the one who needs to grow up.

Srsly. You are going to pop a vein over this.

Perhaps decaf is the answer.
ROFLMAO! This side of the exchange reminds me of how Hillary deals with her detractors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 06:33 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,083,793 times
Quote:
Of course you said it with malice - do you not even recall what you posted?

I am going to maintain that you are the one who gets their news from US weekly and thus, are the one who needs to grow up.

Srsly. You are going to pop a vein over this.

Perhaps decaf is the answer.
Dude... whatever.

Old 03-05-2016, 07:16 PM

10,081 posts, read 15,820,052 times
If it was staged, it was a stupid idea because it just invites unflattering comparisons with the Duchess.

It seems Chelsea has inherited Hillary's legs. We'll be seeing her in pantsuits before too long, no doubt.

Old 03-05-2016, 07:26 PM

18,982 posts, read 9,135,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Grow up.
LOL. This from someone who just spent five pages insisting that anyone who dons a blue dress and wears makeup and waves when they take their baby home from the hospital is trying to pretend they are a royal.

Hilarious. You really can't make this **** up.

Old 03-05-2016, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
LOL. This from someone who just spent five pages insisting that anyone who dons a blue dress and wears makeup and waves when they take their baby home from the hospital is trying to pretend they are a royal.

Hilarious. You really can't make this **** up.
Not what I said at all.

I'm just defending myself from being called petty and pathetic by someone who evidently has an inexplicable issue with what I, and many others, have said. I don't appreciate being called names, and I will defend myself.

It's so funny how some people on city-data will repeatedly twist and pull apart what people say to fit their own stupid agendas. You can't make THAT **** up. I mean Jesus, I just alluded to something I personally noticed and has also been said before, and I get this in return. Yeah, I don't think I'M the one who needs to grow up.

Old 03-05-2016, 07:40 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,289,646 times
Quote:

No similarities? You must live under a rock. Here, I'll do some work for you. They include side by side pictures, so you can remind yourself what each new mother looked like a few years ago when they debuted their babies - one mother, a future Queen following royal protocol, and another, an American whose dad was president and mom Secretary of State, not following any type of protocol. It's okay, many probably have forgotten by now, but here's a reminder for you (actually many):

Chelsea Clinton Baby - Chelsea Clinton Copied Kate Middleton's Post-Hospital Style

Chelsea Clinton Makes Post-Baby Debut: Kate Middleton Comparison Photo - Us Weekly

Chelsea Clinton and Marc Mezvinsky Introduce Baby Girl Charlotte | OK! Magazine

Blowout, blue dress, baby - check! How Chelsea Clinton channeled Kate Middleton's look to debut America's 'royal' baby | Daily Mail Online

Chelsea Clinton channels Kate Middleton for baby Charlotte's debut - AOL

"When Chelsea Clinton debuted America's "royal" baby, we got a serious case of déjà vu.

The glowing new mom, 34, emerged from New York City's Lenox Hill Hospital on Monday evening cradling her newborn daughter, Charlotte, in a printed aquamarine short-sleeved dress and fresh blowout. She polished off her new mom look with a set of green flats and her happy husband, Marc Mezvinksy beside her. Sound familiar?

Kate Middleton received widespread praise for her ensemble as she exited St. Mary's Hospital in London in July 2013 carrying newborn, Prince George. Middleton donned a custom-made Jenny Packham baby blue polka dot shift dress and a softly-style mane for her and George's big debut.

Intentionally or not Clinton and Mezvinksy looked nearly identical to the royal family."

How "petty" of the media. How dare they accuse the Great Chelsea Clinton, daughter of the Great Bill and Wonderful Hillary, of resembling the Duchess of Cambridge and baby Prince, future King George Louis. Not the same thing at all! I'm sure it was a total coincidence!

Look, I don't care what the Clintons do in their private time - but this clearly mirrored the royal family. And I thought it was pathetic. It wasn't just leaving the hospital with the baby in her arms all casually, it was wearing a blue dress like Kate, having her hair and makeup impeccable, it was debuting the baby as if their baby is important an not just another average American baby born that day. Her husband at her side, both beaming and waving for the cameras. Her parents right behind her, the same. Coming out a side door right onto the NYC sidewalk. As if everyone cares as much as they care about a future king (if anyone really even cares that much about the future king, especially over here). The second I saw these pictures in the media, I thought - hey, that reminds me of something...

I get that they were happy and excited and proud - and they should be. But it so pathetically resembled the royal family and how they debut their babies, debuting actual royalty. The Clintons are no royalty. Her baby is genuinely no more important than anyone else's - so why the special debut reminiscent of Kate and George? Down to the dress color?

Why do you assume I would have a problem if she walked out in a "sackcloth and ashes"? I would have had no problem if she just quietly left the hospital like any normal new mom, but no. She had to make it a whole spectacle reminiscent of what royalty does - it's tacky. That's why I have a problem with it. It's tacky. And painfully obvious despite you claiming to not see any similarities. If Jenna Bush did the same thing as Chelsea, I would still say it's tacky. It's tacky to debut an American baby born into a political family the same way they debut the future king and any princes and princesses.

Old 03-05-2016, 07:43 PM

18,982 posts, read 9,135,703 times
Quote:
Not what I said at all.

I'm just defending myself from being called petty and pathetic by someone who evidently has an inexplicable issue with what I, and many others, have said. I don't appreciate being called names, and I will defend myself.
That's fine. But your original premise truly was pretty silly.

Quote:
"Remember when Chelsea had her baby and left the NYC hospital with a blue dress on (like Kate) with her hair blown out and makeup done (like Kate), holding the baby in her arms all smiling and waving (like Kate) with her husband at her side (like Kate) as well as her parents? I cringed. So reminiscent of the royal family.
Ooh, she wore a blue dress! Ooh, she had makeup on! Ooh, she waved and smiled! Who does she think she is wearing a blue dress and makeup and smiling like that, royalty?

Silly tabloid stuff. But I'm certain you believe it. LOL.

Old 03-05-2016, 07:46 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,113,356 times
I am an independent and right now I would vote for Hillary over any of the three top Republicans

Old 03-05-2016, 07:46 PM

7,760 posts, read 5,582,291 times
Voting for Hillary. Best chance to bring America together.

Old 03-05-2016, 07:48 PM

Quote:
That's fine. But your original premise truly was pretty silly.

Quote:
Oops, she wore a blue dress! Ooh, she had makeup on! Ooh, she waved and smiled! Who does she think she is wearing that blue dress and makeup and smiling like that, royalty?

Silly tabloid stuff. But I'm certain you believe it. LOL.
Seriously, is the offended ridicule ever going to stop? No? Cool.

I don't believe anything. There is nothing to believe. This isn't some conspiracy. I just saw similarities, that's all. And I'm not the only one. Yes, I linked tabloids. So what? Does that mean those similarities don't exist? I know for a FACT I am not the only one who also saw those pics and was instantly reminded of Kate. That's all. It was a REMINDER. She resembled Kate introducing George. Does this mean Chelsea thinks she's royalty? I don't know. I posed the question myself. Perhaps she thinks she's that important, perhaps she doesn't.

Seriously, what the hell is the big deal that I made the connections between Kate and Chelsea? Why do you people care so much? It boggles my mind.

I mean, way to completely derail the thread thanks to your obsessiveness over what I said and the subsequent continued name-calling. So unnecessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections