Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2016, 08:07 PM

39,504 posts, read 27,876,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Informative, Thank you for posting this link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 08:08 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,082,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Oh, I'm over it. I'm satisfied that the pettiness that was evident in that long, mean-spirited post was exposed for what it was.
Ahh, got to the bottom of it - I insulted precious little Chelsea Clinton.

I assumed this is the issue most people have. Looks like I was right.

Old 03-05-2016, 08:09 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,289,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I posted rep comments to show that if I'm petty and pathetic, at least I'm not the only one.
Well at least there is that!
Although pathetic would not be the word I'd use.....petty however........

Old 03-05-2016, 08:10 PM

24,538 posts, read 33,444,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Voting for Hillary. Best chance to bring America together.
Are you serious?

Old 03-05-2016, 08:12 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,289,522 times
The only reason to vote for Hilary, IMHO, would be to avoid Trump.

Old 03-05-2016, 08:14 PM

18,982 posts, read 9,135,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Ahh, got to the bottom of it - I insulted precious little Chelsea Clinton.

No, you just sounded kind of silly. But reading tabloids and believing what they say will do that.

Old 03-05-2016, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
Well at least there is that!
Although pathetic would not be the word I'd use.....petty however........
I wasn't trying to be petty.

Seriously, when Chelsea first had her baby and those pictures were released, the first thing I thought of was how much it reminded me of Kate. Completely innocent observation. Fleeting, but instant, thought in my mind. And then the tabloid articles started coming... the major new networks would never run those comparisons - which btw were never malicious at all, just observations, using words like "Chelsea channeled Kate," which has a positive connotation. "Channeled," as in "was inspired by." I don't think I ever saw anything about it that was malicious or negative. Just pointing out the similarities - because they do exist.

But at the same time, I think the similarities are just tacky. IMO, it wan't an accident. Do I think Chelsea was TRYING to be like a royal, or thinks she's as important as one? I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. Maybe she just liked what Kate did and wanted to look like her. Either way, IMO, it was tacky, and I'm not sorry for feeling that way.

I fail to see how any of this makes me petty, but whatever.

Old 03-05-2016, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
No, you just sounded kind of silly. But reading tabloids and believing what they say will do that.
I'm not believing what they say. Yet again, I was instantly reminded of the Duchess when I saw Chelsea's photos. I saw Chelsea's pictures and thought, "Hmm familiar. Looks like Kate." The media didn't tell me anything. I am capable of free thought and remembering something that had only occurred just over a year prior. I only linked the tabloids to show that I'm not the only one who thought that, since apparently the observation I made is petty and pathetic. Same reason why I shared the rep comments. So if you guys think I'm petty and pathetic and silly, then I guess by default all those people who wrote those stories (which again, were not malicious) and those people who repped me must also be.

If your argument is that I sound "silly" because I linked tabloids and you somehow think I blindly go with what they say, then it's seriously flawed.

Old 03-05-2016, 08:50 PM

27,405 posts, read 15,517,222 times
When I see Chelsea's picture it always reminds me of Webb Hubbell.

Old 03-05-2016, 09:10 PM

14,268 posts, read 19,014,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post

Hillary is clearly the best qualified person running right now. As as for her so-called lying... millions and millions of dollars and months of investigations have turned up nothing to charge her with. Think of all the bridges and highways we could have built with that witch-hunt money. Under Bush there were 13 embassy attacks and 60 left dead and no hearings afterward. What are we up to with Benghazi? Seventeen? Under Reagan 240 people were killed and only one hearing.
According to this site, there have been 32 Congressional Hearings, costing taxpayers over $20 million and 70,000 pages of related documents provided by the State Dept. Notice the number zero above the evidence of any wrongdoing by the Obama Administration.

[url=http://benghazicommittee.com/benghazi-by-the-numbers/]Benghazi By The Numbers – Benghazi Research Center[/url]

Although they've failed to destroy her, the Republicans have succeeded in costing her votes. As ridiculous as it sounds, even I began to question Obama's citizenship 8 years ago. If you hear about something over and over and listen to what sounds like reasonable answers, eventually you begin to question your own reasoning. As I just wrote on another thread, polls show that about 43% of Americans still believe that Obama is not an American, so of course there are many people who believe Hillary must be guilty if she's been investigated so many times.

Edit: I wrote a quote incorrectly, but I used Google and found it. "A plausible rumor seems a lot more believable than the truth itself." ~ Kobo Abe

Last edited by justNancy; 03-05-2016 at 09:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections