Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2016, 09:44 PM

14,268 posts, read 19,017,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Um, they can have as many babies as they want but you cannot deny the obvious similarities between when Chelsea inexplicably debuted her baby to the way the Duchess of Cambridge debuted the future king. Painfully similar. Embarrassingly so.
I'm sorry, but I can't stop laughing at this. If she hid her baby and sneaked out of the hospital, you'd be writing that she's a snob and thinks she's better than the rest of us.

What did you expect her to do? Walk out of the hospital looking like sh**? I'm not a celebrity, a politician or even related to someone famous, just an old lady living in a small town in Western NC. Today I was hanging around in sweats and had to drive to Walmart. Guess what I did? I put on a bra and changed into a pair of jeans and a nice, clean sweater, combed my hair, applied a little lipstick, and I even dabbed a little blush on my pale cheeks. The press and the paparazzi aren't following me, but ya never know who you're going to run into when you're sorting through the potatoes. I even smiled and waved to total strangers driving by (we do that a lot in the South)

You know what? I'm actually flattered to hear that I remind you of Kate. When I was a little girl, I always wanted to be a princess. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 09:49 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,085,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I'm sorry, but I can't stop laughing at this. If she hid her baby and sneaked out of the hospital, you'd be writing that she's a snob and thinks she's better than the rest of us.

What did you expect her to do? Walk out of the hospital looking like sh**? I'm not a celebrity, a politician or even related to someone famous, just an old lady living in a small town in Western NC. Today I was hanging around in sweats and had to drive to Walmart. Guess what I did? I put on a bra and changed into a pair of jeans and a nice, clean sweater, combed my hair, applied a little lipstick, and I even dabbed a little blush on my pale cheeks. The press and the paparazzi aren't following me, but ya never know who you're going to run into when you're sorting through the potatoes. I even smiled and waved to total strangers driving by (we do that a lot in the South)

You know what? I'm actually flattered to hear that I remind you of Princess Kate.
1. I didn't write that. 2. If she left looking like sh*t or snuck out I would NOT write that she's a snob who thinks she's better than everyone else. I don't know why people keep assuming what I would and wouldn't say. I actually find that a much more normal way to leave a hospital post-baby, and many celebrities choose to leave low key which I personally commend them for because I think privacy after that time is much needed and deserved. 3. Your cute little story is nothing like what I was taking about so no, you don't remind me of Princess Kate but thanks for unsuccessfully trying to make me look like an idiot. 4. If you seriously cannot see the resemblance to the Duchess, even after all this, there is no hope for you. 5. Why must you be the 1000th person on this thread to bother me about this?

Old 03-05-2016, 09:56 PM

62 posts, read 37,948 times
Clinton is reduced to stealing all candidates' lines almost every time she speaks.

First, she stole Bernie's lines, with banks, wall street, trade etc. etc.

Now, she's starting to spit out the same words Trump says.

TRUMP: "Make America Great Again!"
Hillary: "Make America Whole Again!"

TRUMP: "We don't win in trade!"
Hillary: "We don't do well in trade."

Apparently, there was even a scandal involving her stealing Carly Fiorina's book title.

The lady is a liar and a thief...why is she even able to run???

Old 03-05-2016, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
If you seriously cannot see the resemblance to the Duchess, even after all this, there is no hope for you.
Guess I'm doomed.

Old 03-05-2016, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodom28 View Post
Clinton is reduced to stealing all candidates' lines almost every time she speaks.

Apparently, there was even a scandal involving her stealing Carly Fiorina's book title.

This is almost too silly to answer. Do you think Trump's campaign slogan is original? Look up images of Ronald Reagan's campaign posters and buttons. Here's one example.

[url]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/05/12/16/2897D64F00000578-3077773-image-m-7_1431445606983.jpg[/url]

Here's another one.

[url]http://www.iagreetosee.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Lets-Make-America-Great-Again-Reagan2.jpg[/url]

Old 03-06-2016, 07:14 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,143,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Voting for Hillary. Best chance to bring America together.
In bankruptcy!

Old 03-06-2016, 09:58 AM

9,398 posts, read 6,523,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
The only reason to vote for Hilary, IMHO, would be to avoid Trump.
The only reason to vote for Trump, IMHO, would be to avoid Hillary.

Old 03-06-2016, 10:13 AM

988 posts, read 688,090 times
I'm beginning to think I can't vote for her.

Her supporters have driven me away. Some of them seem like paid shills, and I image some snot-nosed political operative giving them marching orders to never admit to anything, deny her previous positions, lie, etc. It's offensive to someone like me, who is looking for dialogue around important issues (and who worked many years as an advocate on environmental issues), in every possible way. I'm sure that they've made a calculation based on large number of voters that this is the way to go, but they've lost this voter.

A day or two ago I thought I would vote for Hillary if Bernie didn't work out. Now I don't think I can. There is a culture of corruption around her campaign that stinks to high heaven. And FYI, I don't buy all the Benghazi, email server nonsense either. I'm someone who has been looking carefully for a way to support her based on her positions and her integrity, as evidenced by her campaign, and hasn't found it.

Old 03-06-2016, 10:15 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,648,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodom28 View Post

Um. "LETS MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN'!

Were you under the impression that Donnie came up with that????????????

Old 03-06-2016, 10:17 AM

27,829 posts, read 16,340,715 times
She sent classified emails on an unsecured server. Proven inept. Didn't answer the phone at 3am. For starters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections