Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2016, 07:51 PM

549 posts, read 294,096 times

Advertisements

Long thread, so I'm not sure if anyone cited this... but stuff like her "we came, we saw, he died!" quote about khaddafi bugs me... I mean, kaddafi had started to cooperate with U.S., and hillary even met with his son (see pic below).

Can't put my finger on it, but it's stuff like this that bothers me about hillary... I have no clue what's her real agenda, in spite of the stuff she's now saying on the stump.

Politicians nowadays lie to the electorate with absolute impunity, so with someone as opaque as hillary, we can only guess what we're really getting.

Sanders on the other hand comes across as much more genuine.

...Of course, in the general election, I'll "hold my nose" and vote for hillary (and against the crazies on the other side). At least hillary might make sensible court supreme court appointments.

Here's Hillary laughing at Khaddafi's brutal execution in 2011:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DXDU48RHLU

Clinton meeting with Khaddafi's son (Mutassim Gaddafi) in '09. The younger Gaddafi was killed along with his father, captured by rebel forces after fleeing from NATO aircraft fire (including shots from a U.S. predator drone):
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2016, 08:38 PM

179 posts, read 124,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
For what her e-mail? While stupid, is it arrestable in it of itself?
Storing government secrets on an unsecured private server in order to avoid NSA and FBI surveillance. Was her computer hacked? Did the Chinese government install a RAT? Was she engaged in secret, "back channel" deals and negotiations that she didn't want the NSA, FBI, et al... to know about?

They've managed to dumb it all down in order to make it seem insignificant to her retarded party faithful, but once elected she could easily spend the rest of her term, and possibly the rest of her life, in Federal prison.

Old 03-07-2016, 08:57 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,992,877 times
I've said it before, but I simply don't trust her and most likely never will.

I also hate the thought that my choices are being limited for someone else's agenda.
It's not good enough that she is "better than the worst of the worst".

Old 03-08-2016, 06:27 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,120,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
For what her e-mail? While stupid, is it arrestable in it of itself?
Yes, yes it is. Her future all hangs strictly on the DOJ right now. It's pretty clear the FBI is going to recommend indictment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Donalds View Post
Storing government secrets on an unsecured private server in order to avoid NSA and FBI surveillance. Was her computer hacked? Did the Chinese government install a RAT? Was she engaged in secret, "back channel" deals and negotiations that she didn't want the NSA, FBI, et al... to know about?

They've managed to dumb it all down in order to make it seem insignificant to her retarded party faithful, but once elected she could easily spend the rest of her term, and possibly the rest of her life, in Federal prison.
Where I'm totally confused is how anyone could possibly vote for someone in a primary who's under investigation by the FBI. Yes, I know, I know "innocent until proven guilty" and that's fine. We're talking about the highest office in the land so shouldn't the bar be set a bit higher?

Many candidates (Gary Hart for example) careers have been ruined over wayyyyyy less than what she is now being investigated for so why is SHE getting a pass on all the lies,deceptions and flat out sleaze?

Old 03-08-2016, 07:35 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,632,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Donalds View Post

The answer to your questions are : No, No, No, and No.

Now go ask Colin Powel and Candy Rice about their private servers and get back to us.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:42 AM

79,075 posts, read 61,211,077 times
It's going to funny if Hillary wins the whitehouse.

Because once she starts co-operating with the republican house and senate on pro-corporate bills that favor banking and off-shore jobs.....JUST LIKE BILL DID.....we're going to see some serious cognitive dissonance around here.

It's going to be funny watching the excuses fly about how it's really not her fault, it's the republicans and she's just happening to sign it into law (I've heard that one about Bill signing NAFTA around here).

Sure the Republicans will call her a communist blah blah blah but the truth will be that she's really one of them in action while she spouts empty platitudes to her idiot base about being for the little guy and how she'll make tougher gun laws (sure, just like Obama did...lmao) etc etc.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:46 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,347,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
The answer to your questions are : No, No, No, and No.

Now go ask Colin Powel and Candy Rice about their private servers and get back to us.
Isn't it telling that all this talk about Hillary's private server the haters never mention Colin Powell or Condoleezza Rice who both got classified emails on their private servers. Singling out Hillary and leaving those two out just proves it's a witch hunt. Republican Sect of States have private servers, not a problem. A Democrat has one it's a crime of the highest order.

Condoleezza Rice Aides, Colin Powell Also Got Classified Info on Personal Emails - NBC News

Old 03-08-2016, 08:42 AM

179 posts, read 124,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Many candidates (Gary Hart for example) careers have been ruined over wayyyyyy less than what she is now being investigated for so why is SHE getting a pass on all the lies,deceptions and flat out sleaze?
Great question, and here's the answer. The NSA and the entire surveillance infrastructure. The NSA gets DIRT on people. When Weiner sends a pic of his private part, how does the media find out? Everyone assumes that there is some kind of security "lock-down" on the information the NSA collects, and we'd all like to believe that it is ONLY "legal" information like terrorism, etc... Watch the latest few episodes of "The Good Wife" and see a fictionalized portrayal of what NSA surveillance most probably looks like. A bunch of caffienated 20-somethings with computers in cubicles, listening to the phone conversations (both live and recorded) of anyone and everyone that want to listen to. Phone sex.

Think about that one, the next time you and your significant other think you are having a private conversation.

And while there's a lot of yammering chit-chat about the technology, no one talks about the fact that that NSA operative goes home at the end of his shift, and talks to his wife, and his friends, and his family, and they all talk to their spouses, friends and family and over a period of time it is statistically certain that conduits of information form from the NSA operative to political operatives, and you can certain bet that Hillary Clinton herself is the primary recipient of any and all useful political information that was derived by the use of the NSA surveillance infrastructure.

The chinese do it. The STAZI did it. The KGB did it. Saddam Hussein did it. Kim Young Il does it. Yet most Americans are stupid enough to believe that their government treats their recorded information with respect for their privacy. That's why you never read any stories about government servers being hacked, and federal employees social security numbers, passwords and other sensitive information being downloaded and then uploaded to the public via P2P. The government cannot control it's own information (Wikileaks), what makes anyone think it can control yours?

So anyways, long story short the NSA's primary purpose is to be used to get "dirt" on political opponents in order to preserve the establishment's power. That's why civil war is necessary, and that's why no other candidate besides Donald Trump can make things right again, and that's why the Establishment is 100% united in opposition to him.

Old 03-08-2016, 08:47 AM

38,931 posts, read 24,031,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Isn't it telling that all this talk about Hillary's private server the haters never mention Colin Powell or Condoleezza Rice who both got classified emails on their private servers. Singling out Hillary and leaving those two out just proves it's a witch hunt. Republican Sect of States have private servers, not a problem. A Democrat has one it's a crime of the highest order.

Condoleezza Rice Aides, Colin Powell Also Got Classified Info on Personal Emails - NBC News
That's due to politicized nature of these issues. I think neither should have but it is what it is. Unless Clinton lied or shared secrets, what is the big deal?

Old 03-08-2016, 09:10 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,737,596 times
Hillary blasted Johnson Controls for leaving the US (they merged and will be HQ'd in Ireland).
She said they got auto bailout money and if elected she would end inversions.

Well Johnson Controls responded today in the press.
They did not get one penny of auto bailout money. They weren't even in financial trouble.
They also said their R&D will remain in the US and be funded to the tune of $1.1 billion.

All politicians lie to further their own personal agenda.

Johnson Controls fights back after Clinton's attacks on tax inversion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections