Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 10:27 AM

50,538 posts, read 64,539,147 times

Advertisements

If I believed in the democratic platform, I guess I would hold my nose and vote for her, since she will be the candidate.

There are many reasons why I don't like her as a person, even though I'd like to see a woman in the white house, I think she would never have gotten anywhere without Bill.

If Trump is the GOP nominee, I'll be holding my nose and voting for him, but I won't be happy about that either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 12:31 PM

12,715 posts, read 7,872,145 times
I don't mind Hillary. She is running as basically a continuation of Obama and personally, I think what has worked well for the past eight years doesn't need to be changed. However, I have two problems with her. First, I don't find her trustworthy and have a hard time understanding why America seems to be so eager to elect a candidate with such a questionable history when there are so many other people who would be better choices. I would have happily voted for somebody like Biden or former VP Al Gore to continue Obama's legacy. Elizabeth Warren would have been another good choice. Hillary on the other hand is simply too questionable and it seems as if she's extremely corrupt. Secondly, I don't like the idea of dynasties in Presidential politics. Regardless of all this, I will probably have to hold my nose and vote for her in November but I really don't like it.

Old 02-29-2016, 01:24 PM

892 posts, read 1,065,012 times
She wants to continue Obamacare, everybody else (Including Bernie) wants to scrap it.....It should not be required for every American to have health insurance, one of the dumbest laws ever created in a country such as ours....I still cant believe the Supreme court upheld it, somebody greased the conservative Judges without a doubt......I never had health insurance before, and I sure as shootin aint gonna get it now just because the government says I have to, no f'in way Jose!! but its still a pain in the rear to have to figure your taxes so as to avoid the penalty....its just a bunch of bs, its good for those with pre-existing conditions and all that, but thats literally all its good for...There's absolutely nothing "affordable" about it, and a mandate that requires everyone to have it is un-American, bottom line.....

Old 02-29-2016, 01:35 PM

41,458 posts, read 59,987,513 times
If you happen to personally stop one of the devices you use as a name how, assuming you survive long enough to require hospitalization and rehab, are you going to pay the expenses? I have seen what a .45 FMJ slug does to people and it ain't pretty.

Old 02-29-2016, 01:42 PM

11,180 posts, read 10,585,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt .45 View Post
She wants to continue Obamacare, everybody else (Including Bernie) wants to scrap it.....It should not be required for every American to have health insurance, one of the dumbest laws ever created in a country such as ours...
Under Bernie's plan you would pay for health coverage through payroll taxes whether you want/use it or not.

Old 02-29-2016, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If you happen to personally stop one of the devices you use as a name how, assuming you survive long enough to require hospitalization and rehab, are you going to pay the expenses? I have seen what a .45 FMJ slug does to people and it ain't pretty.
If I have a $5,000 Deductible Im still not gonna be able to pay it, so whats your point? If Im a victim of a gunshot wound that I survive, somebody will be getting sued, so theres that.....

Old 02-29-2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Under Bernie's plan you would pay for health coverage through payroll taxes whether you want/use it or not.

Yea, by taking more $ out of everyone's paychecks...but everyone who usually gets refunds everyyear would still get those without a penalty, nobody would have monthly premiums, deductibles, co-pays, prescription costs etc. anymore.....I know his plan would never work, and he wont be the nominee anyway....but anybody who is for scrapping the putrid ACA is gonna get my vote.....it's the principle of it all, I absolutely disdain a law that requires me to purchase something, and so should any true American.....

Old 02-29-2016, 01:59 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,112,753 times
Given the Republican choices I may not have an option but to vote for Hilary.

Old 02-29-2016, 03:23 PM

350 posts, read 419,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Because she is a compulsive liar. I think that mentally she is failing probably because of her health issues and that it is just too dangerous for our country. I also have zero respect for her. She offers another 4 years of Obama by "proxy". It is time for her to give up on her dream and let our country have ours "Make America Great Again". Trump is the man.

I would never vote for a candidate based on gender and have been VERY offended that she and her campaign have implied that I should.

Hillary and Bill? Out to pasture.

Oops, forgot that I don't want young female interns earning points on their knees in the White House!

I agree. They both just lie too easily, it is almost second nature. Now their daughter is doing it too!

Old 02-29-2016, 03:27 PM

350 posts, read 419,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Main reason is I don't feel comfortable with dynasty politics, so no more Bushes or Clintons for at least a hundred years. I feel there should even be a Constitutional amendment prohibiting dynasties at the executive branch.

In my view, Obama's record is mixed, like that of almost every other human being, did some acceptable things, others suboptimal, others in very bad taste; the worst thing he did, in my view, was appoint Hillary Secretary of State, but I suppose he had to fulfill terms of what I imagine is some power sharing agreement at the upper party level.

At any rate, Hillary is a liar and otherwise an unsavory person, but so are a lot of other people. So what?

If the US has to be in decline, it seems that the formula democrat executive branch/republican legislative branch slows it, while one party dominating the entire government accelerates it. Still, I would not vote for Hillary, and if the choice is between her and some Rino, then I'd leave the executive portion of the ballot (which, by the way, is only a fraction of the entire ballot) blank or write in something.

But we could do a lot better, starting with freeing ourselves from the straight-jacket of childishly stupid ideologies and selfish factions.

This time around we have a chance to shake up the sterile so-called two-party system, yes, a shot in the dark, but perhaps better than sure, even if slow, decline.

Good Luck!

I agree. I am so tired of dynasty politics. Are we in the middle ages with lords and peasants? The Bushes are out for a while except if the next generation gets started. The Clintons, well Chelsea is obviously going to run to some office - probably soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections