Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2016, 02:31 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,963,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
Heck, I'm just getting warmed up... And these Hillary fanbois and fangirls still fawn over her?

Article quoting Hillary lies / flip flops in just the year 2015
wow, jkbatca.

you did a lot better job than i did.

you too, hawkeye2009
So why would you vote for someone who supports:

NAFTA

China trade status

Pacific Rim

War on coal

Cap and trade

EPA regulations that stifle business

The Trial Lawyers Association that subverts business

High corporate taxes that drives away business

"Pay for play" political corruption that sells the nation's economic interest to the highest bidder

Open borders to add to the debt, reduce incomes, and take away jobs

Liberal/dem plicy is a fast track to third world status. Wake up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 02:34 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,860,242 times
Hillary Clinton - Why can't you vote for her

I can vote for her, I won't. That's the difference. The ability to discern between good and evil makes the decision simple.

Old 03-01-2016, 02:50 PM

9,483 posts, read 14,447,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
What are voters angry about? I am not so sure there is much reason to be angry, nor that the existing problems are due to or can be solved by any president.
You really don't understand the issues. Yes, some of the problems can be solved by executive action, by enforcing laws, the very thing the executive is designed to do. But they refuse. On the contrary.

The issue here is territorial integrity and legality.

richrfr sums it up beautifully:

Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
The choice is between more of the same or rolling the dice. Think in terms of what a person who feels like a slave might do?
Americans have always rolled the dice. There would be no Americans if they didn't, they would have died before they even started in Europe, clubbed, stabbed, and shot to death.

Old 03-01-2016, 04:25 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,646,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
I think the choice (and there is a stark one) will be very difficult. Either continue with the status quo of economic repression that is perpetrated by Republican and Democratic Establishments and particularly the Clintons and Bushes or roll the dice with Trump who can be characterized by extreme demagoguery (his resistance to instanteously reject the KKK was breathtaking).

This election more than anyone in 80 years will demonstrate how angry the electorate is with the current Established regime that insists on piling wealth on to itself using government as the vehicle for wealth distribution to the top.
I could never see myself voting for Trump no matter who was on the other side. Just his inability to denounce the KKK or David Duke; his juvenile tweets; accusing Megyn Kelly of being on her period; shouting schoolboy insults during the debates - nope. Couldn't do it.

I don't care HOW good a businessman he is. And I'm not opposed to a business person running but they must be absolutely SANE.

Old 03-01-2016, 05:15 PM

4,928 posts, read 3,392,404 times
Quote:
I am not American, so I can't vote anyway. But I would not vote for her even if I could. When I hear her speak she seems somehow fake to me, just words that are aimed at making simple minds fall for her.
Nor does she seem overly competent, there is something Merkel about her, which is not a compliment at all.
She is old, but there is nothing wise about her at all.

Then again, nobody is less competent than Trump

Voting in the US must really be torture, there are hardly any good candidates, and the few acceptable ones will never be elected because the masses don't like humble reasonable candidates. So you have all those conservatives trying to out-radicalize each other in order to to appeal to the masses of unreasonable voters.
It is better on the Democratic side, so I would have to go for them even if I did not like their candidates, either.
The hidden economics behind the rise of Donald Trump - Quartz

Quote:
I actually wrote this book before the Trump phenomenon. But it’s such a perfect illustration. Because what you see is that ills of the middle class in the US are basically connected to globalization and competition with cheaper labor from Asia and immigration.
It also talks about how much the middle class has declined in the US, especially compared to other industrialized countries.

The economic situation in America, especially for the middle and lower classes, is NOT good

Old 03-01-2016, 05:20 PM

34,297 posts, read 15,749,664 times
Why can't you vote for her?

wow -- another day has gone by so fast, and my standards haven't change. Her's will with the wind.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:52 PM

8,935 posts, read 5,423,275 times
Eight years of Bill and Hill was enough.

Old 03-02-2016, 09:06 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,857,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
You really don't understand the issues. Yes, some of the problems can be solved by executive action, by enforcing laws, the very thing the executive is designed to do. But they refuse. On the contrary.

The issue here is territorial integrity and legality.

richrfr sums it up beautifully:

Americans have always rolled the dice. There would be no Americans if they didn't, they would have died before they even started in Europe, clubbed, stabbed, and shot to death.
I live in a poor country where the middle class has also been reduced quite a bit. Still, there is no radicalization like in the US. People remain calm, no crazy president or anything.

And there is little if anything a president can do about the rise of emerging countries, it is the natural course of things. We, i.e. the West, have no monopoly on a good life, others will eventually catch up, and we will go down a bit. And that's OK. What goes up must come down. Nothing grows forever in a closed system such as Earth.

It's not that there is not enough money in countries such as the US. But greed and egoistic priorities and goals lead to a very unfair distribution of wealth. Look at companies such as McDonalds or Walmart. Employees don't earn much, but the owners, shareholders and officers are filthy rich. That is the kind of system Trump stands for, Americans are naive if they think electing Trump will help the masses.

Nor can a country simply close its borders to products from abroad. There are trade organizations and contracts that prevent that. Not to mention that other countries would start to do the same, which would backfire on the US.

Old 03-02-2016, 09:17 AM

11,998 posts, read 13,000,776 times
I think it was on this thread I stated I would *possibly* vote for Hillary if Pennsylvania is in danger of going for Cruz. That does not seem to be the case so I'll stick with Jill Stein if Clinton is the nominee.

Old 03-02-2016, 09:18 AM

13,548 posts, read 17,111,649 times
Quote:
I live in a poor country where the middle class has also been reduced quite a bit. Still, there is no radicalization like in the US. People remain calm, no crazy president or anything.

And there is little if anything a president can do about the rise of emerging countries, it is the natural course of things. We, i.e. the West, have no monopoly on a good life, others will eventually catch up, and we will go down a bit. And that's OK. What goes up must come down. Nothing grows forever in a closed system such as Earth.

It's not that there is not enough money in countries such as the US. But greed and egoistic priorities and goals lead to a very unfair distribution of wealth. Look at companies such as McDonalds or Walmart. Employees don't earn much, but the owners, shareholders and officers are filthy rich. That is the kind of system Trump stands for, Americans are naive if they think electing Trump will help the masses.

Nor can a country simply close its borders to products from abroad. There are trade organizations and contracts that prevent that. Not to mention that other countries would start to do the same, which would backfire on the US.
I'm not ready to give up the barn yet. The US is a huge market for consumer goods, and that gives us power over trade, which to this point has never been wielded because Wall St. doesn't want that.

The highlighted part is where you are naïve. Hillary Clinton stands for the same system. Her and her husbands policies have little to no fundamental difference in comparison to George W. Bush when it comes to the economy. They are the darlings of Wall St. for a reason. They throw bones to the left and minorities on social issues, but they are basically Reagan Republicans on the economy.

While Trump is a business man and a capitalist, he at least is not on their payroll.

The real alternative to this mindset is Bernie Sanders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections