Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 04:42 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,064,332 times

Advertisements

Hillary Clinton: $94,000

Marco Rubio: $199,000

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/01/ny...-on-leave.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 05:13 AM

1,427 posts, read 1,187,902 times
When is anyone going to remember that, "oh yeah, Ted Cruz's wife WORKS for Goldman-Sachs?!" He even got his health insurance from them until recently, when he started buying it from Obama.

Old 03-01-2016, 05:54 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,762,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop251808 View Post
When is anyone going to remember that, "oh yeah, Ted Cruz's wife WORKS for Goldman-Sachs?!" He even got his health insurance from them until recently, when he started buying it from Obama.

Yup this is what disqualified Cruz as far as I'm concerned. Goldman Sachs is who butters his bread. He'd be beholden to them and that is the exact opposite of what we need right now. I don't get why this isn't brought up more.

Old 03-01-2016, 06:37 AM

20,130 posts, read 16,192,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

Right, and Trump is a shareholder in Goldman Sachs. But, I guess that is okay, just like Trump shipping jobs to China, Mexico, and Bangladesh, along with hiring visa holders over Americans and using illegals to build his buildings (as later as July 2015 in DC), is just fine. The "he's a businessman so he has a right to do whatever he complains about others doing" excuse.

Old 03-01-2016, 07:08 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,970,995 times
The only dog flee-free is Sanders. All other major candidates can pretend by not scratching, but they all have flees.

Saying that, if you are all upset about corporations donating large money, denounce Citizens United and get a Constitutional Amendment passed banning the practice. If you favored C.U., you are part of the problem.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:57 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,562,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Right, and Trump is a shareholder in Goldman Sachs. But, I guess that is okay, just like Trump shipping jobs to China, Mexico, and Bangladesh, along with hiring visa holders over Americans and using illegals to build his buildings (as later as July 2015 in DC), is just fine. The "he's a businessman so he has a right to do whatever he complains about others doing" excuse.

You realize that is Trump giving HIS money to THEM and the exact opposite of the others right? When you are a shareholder that means that you have SPENT YOUR money to buy shares of THEIR stock.

See how it is very different from them giving you money?

Old 03-01-2016, 10:08 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,955,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The only dog flee-free is Sanders. All other major candidates can pretend by not scratching, but they all have flees.

Saying that, if you are all upset about corporations donating large money, denounce Citizens United and get a Constitutional Amendment passed banning the practice. If you favored C.U., you are part of the problem.

Honestly if you are supporting ANY dog with fleas you are the problem. This information is widely available.

If people had more integrity and didn't constantly vote for one side of the same coin based on what others are doing or weird unmeasurable qualities like "electability" we could get back on track to having accurate representation for the American people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIHtrJRI7AQ

Before the start of this election I told myself I WOULD NOT vote for anybody that is backed by Goldman Sachs. Right now that leaves me with Bernie Sanders or Jill Stein.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ident-not.html

Old 03-01-2016, 10:31 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,111,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

Yes, but that's only one of the big banks. Hillary still has received more from the big banks, and Wall St. than any other candidate.

Hillary is the clear choice of the big banks, and Wall St. That alone is more than enough reason not to vote for her.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:34 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,787,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Yes, but that's only one of the big banks. Hillary still has received more from the big banks, and Wall St. than any other candidate.

Hillary is the clear choice of the big banks, and Wall St. That alone is more than enough reason not to vote for her.
I'm surprised it's only $99,000 so I know it's not accurate. Nice try though.

Old 03-01-2016, 11:11 AM

20,130 posts, read 16,192,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
You realize that is Trump giving HIS money to THEM and the exact opposite of the others right? When you are a shareholder that means that you have SPENT YOUR money to buy shares of THEIR stock.

See how it is very different from them giving you money?
Right, it is indeed different. It's important that they make oodles of money to give to you in order line your own pockets. Your motives are stronger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections