Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 09:47 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,185,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Krab View Post
His nationality does not discredit anything he said. Sometimes it takes a non-American perspective to expose all the bull.
Agreed. Someone who is at a distance can likely get a more objective view on things than someone in the middle of it.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:47 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,917,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
You do because you took the time to comment on this thread......
I give all threads a shot at making their case. Although funny, this guy didn't really make any real case. I'll be waiting for him to pick apart Hillary's statements, but since he's a lackey supporting the establishment agenda, I'll probably be waiting a long long time for that to happen.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:56 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,314,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Now, now, just because you haven't heard of someone (or pretend not to have heard), that does not diminish the significance of a British fellow who makes gazillion dollars on HBO because he is funny and witty.

Mick
So now making a gazillion dollars is a meaningful quality again?

Old 02-29-2016, 10:01 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,528,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
There must be a psychological name for this condition - when a person digs in behind their position, no matter how irrational, and won't be swayed from their viewpoint no matter how much logic is used.
cognitive dissonance.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:06 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,528,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Please post your source for Trump's list of failures.
The Many Business Failures of Donald Trump Pictures | Rolling Stone

Old 02-29-2016, 10:10 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,294,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
I give all threads a shot at making their case. Although funny, this guy didn't really make any real case. I'll be waiting for him to pick apart Hillary's statements, but since he's a lackey supporting the establishment agenda, I'll probably be waiting a long long time for that to happen.
Care to discredit anything he said about Trump? What kind of case were you expecting to be made about him? Not sure how he could have been more convincing about how much of a pathological liar he is.

John Oliver hasn't taken the time to devote an entire episode about Hillary Clinton but that doesn't mean he has been ignoring her failures like he had been with Trump until now.

I get that you don't want to hear anything negative about Trump, but that doesn't change the fact that Trump is full of lies and flaws.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:40 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,174,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So now making a gazillion dollars is a meaningful quality again?
Tends to reflect a free market valuation of your talent and expected revenue stream. HBO is no dummy, they don't give money away.

I see that you are alluding to Mr. Trump and his $7 billion (I took the liberty of subtracting $3 billion, which is the made up value of his brand) . . . . Mayor Bloomberg would wipe the floor with Mr. Trump with his 500% more wealth (despite no silver spoon). So perhaps, wealth is a meaningful quality as long as you are self-made. ;-)

Mick

Old 02-29-2016, 11:45 PM

285 posts, read 177,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
John Oliver is a comedian and Hillary's statements, whether true or false, don't often have comedic value to them. She is boring. Why would he bother picking her statements apart? On the other hand, Trump's outlandishness makes for great comedy material.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:08 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,926,635 times
Oliver is a pretty funny guy. I think it was Colbert who once mentioned that democrats and liberals in general are pretty boring and are more hostile to their news/comedy shows. They like to make fun of conservatives because conservatives have the humility to laugh at themselves. Have you ever watched Hillary or most liberals on Colbert, Oliver, or Stewart? They are not fun to watch and are incredibly boring, anytime one of the hosts try to poke fun at them they get very defensive and it ruins their shows. I don't think Colbert or Oliver are really that liberal, but Stewart sure is. Anyway, they are the best liberal news outlets and the fact that they are comedy shows makes that fairly sad. But I do enjoy watching Colbert and Oliver, not so much Stewart.

Old 03-01-2016, 07:42 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,349,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Maybe if we paid The Donald fans we could get them to watch this to the end. I'd chip in to the fund.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections