Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 03:09 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,952,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
Trying, yes, succeeding no. what is does is make for good copy because so many people are furled by these notions. Just look on here, any mention of this and it is a big debate! Most intelligent persons do not pay the likes if David Duke any mind.

The USA and the world around us is so pc minded there is no sense of need to have intellectual debate because pc, which is impossibe, since politics is a practical profession, based on compromise, and is NEVER correct or incorrect, is portrayed as something one may assume true, or untrue with mathematical precision, is portrayed in terms of absolutes. There is no right attitude, all we have is consensus opinions.
There is a right attitude. It involves character and integrity. Which some people do still possess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 03:13 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,144,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You're the funny one. Unable to grasp that people actually change, and the world changes, in a period spanning almost 60 years.
Indeed, in about 60 years, Mr. Trump was a Democrat, then a Republican, then a Democrat, then a Republican, then Reform Party, then Independent, then a Republican.

See, people can change . . . . . . . or . . . . . . not. Hmmm.

Mick

Old 02-29-2016, 03:15 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,537,499 times
Quote:
You used a quote from 1946.

I will offer up a quote from 2005.

"I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America." Senator Robert C Byrd

Hillary knew Senator Byrd when he felt intolerance had no place in America.

Your patent attempt to mislead people is dishonest in the extreme.
Thanks for clarifying this to the OP, but I highly doubt she/he'll come back and acknowledge your point.

Old 02-29-2016, 03:23 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,121,491 times
Quote:
You used a quote from 1946.

"I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America." Senator Robert C Byrd

Hillary knew Senator Byrd when he felt intolerance had no place in America.

Your patent attempt to mislead people is dishonest in the extreme.
For all of you saying that this guy changed, would you believe him if he was a Republican?

Spoiler
We all know you wouldn't.

Old 02-29-2016, 03:24 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,144,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
For all of you saying that this guy changed, would you believe him if he was a Republican?

Spoiler
We all know you wouldn't.
That's an insulting question. Why would anyone believe a Republican?

Mick

Old 02-29-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
That's an insulting question. Why would anyone believe a Republican?

Mick
I somewhat agree with you, but I would throw the democrats in there too.

Old 02-29-2016, 03:35 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,732,972 times
Quote:

"
I offer up a quote from 2016, Trump "I disavow David Duke".

Yet you continue to rail on about it and call him racist. Can't have it both ways unless you are simply holding Trump to a different standard than Hillary.

Old 02-29-2016, 03:37 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,732,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Thanks for clarifying this to the OP, but I highly doubt she/he'll come back and acknowledge your point.
Wrong again. Just did so.

And BTW, you don't need to talk about me in the 3rd person. If you have something to say, then say it directly to me. Then again the topic isn't about me.

Old 02-29-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I offer up a quote from 2016, Trump "I disavow David Duke".

Yet you continue to rail on about it and call him racist. Can't have it both ways unless you are simply holding Trump to a different standard than Hillary.
Well then, all of the democrats should be satisfied, and this should be the end of this nonsense.

For some reason, I don't think they will be satisfied.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:47 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,214,093 times
Quote:
It's not about paying the likes of David Duke any mind.

It's about the people running, about their ethics, about their perspectives.

When the likes of David Duke lends his support to one candidate, there's something about that candidate that Mr Duke likes. And when that candidate feigns ignorance (because that candidate has spoken about Mr Duke in the past) rather than disavowing that support immediately, that raises questions. Why would the candidate not disavow that support immediately? What does the candidate think he gains by feigning ignorance? And when that candidate is called out because the candidate has spoken about Mr Duke in the past, and the candidate claims an earpiece is to blame, that he could not hear the question, EVEN THOUGH the candidate practically repeated the question back to the interviewer, specifically citing Mr Duke's name back to the interviewer along with the phrase "white supremacist", is he telling us that we are all that gullible?
Trump does not like Duke. He was confused, and that is a problem, as he did not want to dissuade any southern state voters.

Now really, what he should have done: He should have chucked a bit and then said, " I do not support or desire the support from anyone who is supports white supremacy, the very idea is contrary to the values in American society today."

Then Trump is not as aware as i am, and that is one reason I might vote for Hillary, she does seem as aware as i am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections