Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of the two millennials will vote?
Millennials mostly vote for Hillary Clinton 16 51.61%
Millennials mostly vote for Donald Trump 15 48.39%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 07:17 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,218,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
The smart ones will play the voting game against their electoral college in their states to try to vote for a viable 3rd party so that SOMEBODY else gets some funding and gets to debate. The smart ones know that if they don't live in a contested state voting is really P****** in the wind when it's determined that your vote goes to the other candidate (or even just affirms it anyway). I for one would LOVE to see a 3rd Party emerge just to shake things out a little bit.

The stupid ones will stay home.

I know an infinite amount of Bernie supporters under 35, I'd be willing to say that almost every single person I know in that age range loves Bernie Sanders.

I don't know any Millennial Drumpf supporters, almost every Drumpf supporter I'm aware of is middle aged or older and white.

I know a few female Millennials who are really into Clinton, Clinton does well with Hispanics here, ESPECIALLY older Hispanic women.

I know a few who were into Kasich before the Planned Parenthood deal. They aren't into Kasich anymore, I used to view him as the kind of Republican I could live with but not anymore.

I'm friends with the Ted Cruz chairman for my state, there are a few supporters there, usually older Millennials.

I know Rubio's chairman for his campaign in my state, he's not very strong here but he actually does have a little sway in the Hispanic community here (AZ), but ultimately Hillary is winning that game.

At the beginning of this campaign, before a lot of the good candidates dropped out, I'd say that the split was more

Sanders/Paul and then to a lesser (much) extent Clinton.
Smart ones? I would think the smartest ones who would have a net worth over one million dollars by middle-age would vote for Paul?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 07:19 PM

8,081 posts, read 7,019,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
Smart ones? I would think the smartest ones who would have a net worth over one million dollars by middle-age would vote for Paul?

Old 02-29-2016, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Many supported Ron Paul in 2012. Where were you?
I would have now; at that age, most defiantly. What I am most ambivalent about Trump, are his curious antics. We stated he likes the uneducated ones, especially the uneducated ones, and I wonder why he especially liked to uneducated ones? He says he wants to put Americans to work but makes excuses hiring foreign workers as per argument the jobs were seasonal. really is that well enough the reason, or is it cost? Then he does not anticipate how an a question about a racist group will impact his run in the election! He does not seem to have a real political position, other than to be the president.

Old 02-29-2016, 08:13 PM

38,922 posts, read 24,055,167 times
There are some more anti-establishment Millennials who may lean towards Trump but I think more and more are going to lean towards Hillary and vote D regardless.

Old 02-29-2016, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
You do not think any young people want to be wealthy?

Old 02-29-2016, 08:21 PM

8,081 posts, read 7,019,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
You do not think any young people want to be wealthy?
I'm sure they do, I'm not smart enough to understand your post.

Old 02-29-2016, 08:25 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,187,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I am one of the Millennials, Trump is my choice.

All my close friends will vote for him as well, but in all honesty, people like to hang out with like-minded folks.
Some of my friends want to vote for Sanders.
If you were born in 1981, I think you're technically Generation X.

...I'm just being nitpicky though.

Old 02-29-2016, 08:43 PM

7,729 posts, read 8,827,175 times
Sanders is not out yet. Ask if/when it happens.

Old 02-29-2016, 08:53 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,470,908 times
I'll vote for Trump because although I dislike some of his policies, unlike Shillary he's not getting his pay in back room deals with big companies and then spouting a populist message on the podium.

Old 02-29-2016, 08:54 PM

39,502 posts, read 27,881,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
If you were born in 1981, I think you're technically Generation X.

...I'm just being nitpicky though.
I was born in year 1985.

Millennials (also known as the Millennial Generation[1] or Generation Y) are the demographic cohort following Generation X. Most researchers and commentators use birth years ranging from the early 1980s to the early 2000s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials

Generation x

Generation X [Born 1965–1980]

http://www.valueoptions.com/spotlight_YIW/gen_x.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections