Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of the two millennials will vote?
Millennials mostly vote for Hillary Clinton 16 51.61%
Millennials mostly vote for Donald Trump 15 48.39%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 09:19 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,219,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I'm sure they do, I'm not smart enough to understand your post.
I may well be borrowing on brains I had ten years ago?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 09:21 PM

11,985 posts, read 5,337,796 times
It's more likely that the majority of millennials will vote for Clinton than Trump, because as a group they are more liberal than older generations. The big danger for Hillary isn't that as a group they will turn to Trump, but that many don't vote. The larger the percentage of millennials to vote, the more likely it is to help the Democrat, and in this case Hillary Clinton.
Also remember that only 59% of millennials are N/H whites.

http://www.people-press.org/2011/11/...-have-changed/

Old 02-29-2016, 09:22 PM

830 posts, read 690,702 times
As a late millennial, I'd vote Green if my state is clearly voting for Clinton. If it's a tight race, I'd force myself to vote for Clinton. Regardless, I hope for a true liberal candidate to take the reins from her next cycle.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:24 PM

207 posts, read 120,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Millenials don't care about PC as they are well versed in educated and polite speech. When they choose to use it. My son and his college age friends ARE pro Bernie but they are not Hillary haters and will give her their vote as opposed to Cruz, Trump, or Rubio.

There is not one candidate MORE morally bankrupt and dishonest than the carnival barker, Donald Trump. He stands for everything Bernie despises. How could anyone who identifies with Bernie - vote for a person who cannot bring himself to disavow the KKK and David Duke?
Please don't respond to my posts again. You are hopelessly a liberal and will never agree with my perspective. Save yourself the embarrassment of trying to refute what I say because all you do is spout of liberal slander out of the fantasy playbook.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:24 PM

39,503 posts, read 27,881,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
It's more likely that the majority of millennials will vote for Clinton than Trump, because as a group they are more liberal than older generations. The big danger for Hillary isn't that as a group they will turn to Trump, but that many don't vote. The larger the percentage of millennials to vote, the more likely it is to help the Democrat, and in this case Hillary Clinton.
I am not sure Clinton is a clear thinking liberal. I don't know any liberals (old or young) really like her.
Hillary's Got a Millennial Problem

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...lenial+problem

Old 02-29-2016, 09:38 PM

11,985 posts, read 5,337,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I am not sure Clinton is a clear thinking liberal. I don't know any liberals (old or young) really like her.
Hillary's Got a Millennial Problem

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...lenial+problem
Perhaps, but I can't see large numbers of millennials turning to Trump. I think it will be a question as to how many actually turn out to vote in a Hillary-Tump race, rather than Trump actually carrying the millennial vote. I'm sure there will be significant regional variances as well, with Southern millennials more likely to back Trump than in other areas.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:46 PM

9,921 posts, read 7,798,423 times
I am 28 and voting for Sanders April 26 and November 8th

Old 02-29-2016, 09:46 PM

28,750 posts, read 19,001,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I'll vote for Trump because although I dislike some of his policies, unlike Shillary he's not getting his pay in back room deals with big companies and then spouting a populist message on the podium.
Well, according to Trump himself, he has been the one doing the payback in those back room deals with politicians. I don't know how one can consider paying for political favor any more moral than providing political favor. This way he just eliminates the middleman.

Do you really think Trump is going to upend the system that keeps him wealthy? He's got an expensive wife to keep.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:49 PM

39,503 posts, read 27,881,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Perhaps, but I can't see large numbers of millennials turning to Trump. I think it will be a question as to how many actually turn out to vote in a Hillary-Tump race, rather than Trump actually carrying the millennial vote. I'm sure there will be significant regional variances as well, with Southern millennials more likely to back Trump than in other areas.
Could be, but here in orange county california, i would say a lot of young Republicans (under the age of 35) like Donald Trump.

Military families (and I can only speak for the people I know) either like him or hate him, there is almost nothing in between.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:04 AM

2,325 posts, read 5,532,385 times
I think of lot of them will just not vote. They dislike Hillary (and they should...she's practically stealing the delegates from Sanders) but they also dislike Trump. Sure, some will switch their vote to Hillary but not as many as she's hoping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections