Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 06:10 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,089,197 times

Advertisements

Hillary is an outstanding politician.

The question is, do we want another politician whose primary objective, by definition, is to line their pockets?

Or do we want a leader who will address the problems facing our nation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 06:20 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,476,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Hillary is an outstanding politician.
That she is. She's also a dinosaur, as is Bernie; and IMO it's a disgrace the Democratic party has limited its choices so.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:27 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,540,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjohnson71 View Post
Because of the allegations that have come out against Hillary Clinton, she's a person who I don't trust.
Hillary's supporters don't want me to tell you this but I must.
You wasted your time
Making up that rhyme.
It may seem unfair,
But we really don't care.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:28 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,548,574 times
Quote:
(This is a poem that I wrote about Hillary.)

I Don't Trust Hillary Clinton

Because of the allegations that have come out against Hillary Clinton, she's a person who I don't trust.
Hillary's supporters don't want me to tell you this but I must.
Because of these allegations, I can't and won't trust her to run this country.
If I was a politician who was facing such allegations, people wouldn't vote for me.
I don't trust Hillary to be in the Oval Office.
She shouldn't be elected, I firmly believe this.
If you're going to vote for her, you have that right but what I've said had to be mentioned.
I don't think that Hillary Clinton is trustworthy and I have to bring that to people's attention.
Hmm. We are all entitled to our own opinions. You are basically rewarding 25 years of the Republican smear campaign.

One prominent Republican has come out and admitted that 'Benghazi' was investigated to death mainly to create doubt in Hillary's presidential campaign.

Looks like, with you, they succeeded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schvuggie View Post
Be careful, huge difference between "disproven" as opposed to not enough evidence. Similar to the difference between "not guilty" and innocent....we can say HILdebeast is like OJ, as it pertains to Benghazi, so far
Benghazi has been a right wing smear campaign that has cost the taxpayers millions of dollars ALL so that Hillary wouldn't get the Presidential nomination. Per Kevin McCarthy - almost speaker of the Hosue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
That she is. She's also a dinosaur, as is Bernie; and IMO it's a disgrace the Democratic party has limited its choices so.
Still better than anything resembling Cruz, Trump, or Rubio.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:30 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,966,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Just curious - were you a strong supporter and big fan of Jimmy Carter? Because I notice that people who think current Democrats are untrustworthy seem hypocritical when they don't admire Carter, who seems to be one of the most honest presidents we've had.

I notice you mention nothing specific - but do you realize that the allegations against Hillary - some of which continue even though they've been disproven - are nothing compared to those against George W. Bush?
So does this concede that yes Hillary is dishonest? And since we don't know her as president she could be good or bad?

I don't like those odds. At least Carter was honest Hillary can't say that. I will also say that Carter post presidency has been admirable.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:35 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,635,783 times
Quote:
(This is a poem that I wrote about Hillary.)

I Don't Trust Hillary Clinton
She is not trustworthy.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:37 PM

7,580 posts, read 5,332,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
The question is, do we want another politician whose primary objective, by definition, is to line their pockets?
During one of my politically naive periods I was praising the ethics of a particular politician. My uncles response was that all politicians are crooks, you just vote for the one that when he steals they give you a little bit." That has defined my outlook ever since.

So, just for the sake of not getting into an argument, "Hillary may be a thief, but she's my thief!"

Quote:
Or do we want a leader who will address the problems facing our nation?
Apparently not considering the number of people being bamboozled by Trump.

By the way, why is it not possible to line one's pockets AND address the problem facing the nation. You know some people can and do multitask. Just say'n

Old 02-29-2016, 06:37 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,548,574 times
I love Carter post presidency. His presidency - not so much.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:43 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,210,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
If you swapped out the name 'Hillary' for 'Trump' I could totally agree with the OP. I don't trust Trump and don't see how anyone can vote for him.
I think Trump is mixed up and has not te experience to be president

Old 02-29-2016, 06:45 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,210,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Just curious - were you a strong supporter and big fan of Jimmy Carter? Because I notice that people who think current Democrats are untrustworthy seem hypocritical when they don't admire Carter, who seems to be one of the most honest presidents we've had.

I notice you mention nothing specific - but do you realize that the allegations against Hillary - some of which continue even though they've been disproven - are nothing compared to those against George W. Bush?
I agree with his honesty, and did not vote for him because that was the peak of my wake of fiscal conservatism. now I may vote for Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections