Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 10:44 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
If he is moderate then I must be liberal. Trump is as moderate as the Dixiecrats and Wallace in the 1960's.
I find it really puzzling how people can seriously contend that Trump is a moderate.

His entire campaign is nothing but a professional con artist selling the most outlandish policies imaginable to the incurably stupid and rabidly racist among us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 10:46 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,850,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
I find it really puzzling how people can seriously contend that Trump is a moderate.

His entire campaign is nothing but a professional con artist selling the most outlandish policies imaginable to the incurably stupid and rabidly racist among us.
I see that you like the little label that Rubio's people came up with.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:49 PM

2,945 posts, read 5,015,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
You might be right. If Trump sweeps Super Tuesday, then all that's left for the GOP to do is to get behind him and pressure the other candidates to drop out.

In a way, it could work out. Democrats are already calling Trump a bigot and a racist, but they would do that no matter who won.

For all of the "centrists" and Democrats bemoaning the fact that Donald Trump is about to win the GOP nomination, just remember that you had the chance to elect a moderate, reasonable and competent businessman in 2012. He wasn't good enough, and you instead voted a failed President into a second term.

If we have anyone to blame for Trump, it's the voters that elected Obama again in 2012.

And the 20 million who stayed at home because Romney wasn't 'their' kind of conservative. The GOP has no one to blame but themselves. Yep, yep.

Huntsman was sane as sin but no, the party wants kooky and have let the racists and holy rollers hijack the party and crash it down. I saw this happening a few months after Obama took office. The Tea Party/let's but a name on the hate the dude because his black.....no we REALLY do hate his policies but we can't deny that him being black is at least 10% of the issue too.

The GOP has splinted off into so many factions it's shockingly ridiculous. All people had to do was vote for Romney. The party puppet masters would have kept him moving to their string playing. Now that people are butthurt obstrction is all that's left.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:50 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,944,754 times
I'm a longtime GOP guy, kind of grassroots (putting out signs, writing checks, etc. etc.) and a bit establishment (involved at the state level). I have supported almost anybody our party has put forward over the years, although I'm definitely conservative.
With Rubio?? Not a chance. He's such a scuzzy, disgusting hack. I CAN'T STAND the little guy, and will NEVER vote for him, not in a billion years.
People who support him, take a good, long, hard look at yourselves. What have you become??? Unreal.

Old 03-01-2016, 11:01 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,657,694 times
If Rubio became the front runner he will be subject to people looking into his alleged gay past.

Old 03-01-2016, 11:12 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,944,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
If Rubio became the front runner he will be subject to people looking into his alleged gay past.
I don't really care about that; he is bad enough without even looking at that.
(I DO find it interesting that this week Rubio has chosen Paul Singer as his national finance chair. To jog your memory: Singer is a vulture hedge fund billionaire and has been one of the most powerful gay rights activists in the entire nation. But don't worry: Rubio is a really, really, really, really conservative Christian. Honest. He is!)

Old 03-01-2016, 11:47 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
I see that you like the little label that Rubio's people came up with.
Feel free to dig through my post history. It doesn't take the Rubio campaign to convince any sane person that Trump is nothing more than a con man.

How many millions has Trump conned people out of with his failed condo projects, fake university, etc?

You people voting for Trump need to seriously consider the fact that you want to put a guy in the oval office who peddled low quality meat on QVC and in late night TV ads for $1000/box. A man who rails against illegal immigration while benefiting from it. A man who rails against outsourcing while having his own products made overseas. A man who claims to be such an awesome businessman, yet has declared bankruptcy multiple times and has innumerable failed projects behind him.

Old 03-01-2016, 11:49 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,452,591 times
Since Rubio can't even manage second place in most races tonight I think hes out of luck.Perhaps the party will vote in a new rule where only Minnesota counts.

Old 03-01-2016, 11:57 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,850,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Since Rubio can't even manage second place in most races tonight I think hes out of luck.Perhaps the party will vote in a new rule where only Minnesota counts.
I wouldn't doubt it.

My guess is that the Koch brothers are getting ready to cut the umbilical cord on Rubio after todays performance. I he doesn't win Florida, which he won't, his money flow from the elite will definitely be cut.

Old 03-02-2016, 12:07 AM

1,045 posts, read 2,665,718 times
I think Trump will get the nomination. The problem is that everyone else is staying in the race and splitting the rest of the votes. I was one of those people who voted for Obama in 2012 mainly because I didn't like Mitt Romney and not so much I liked Obama at that point. Now I regret my decisions in 2008 and 2012 and this time I am switching over to the other side just to vote for Trump on March 15th. I would consider myself socially liberal and fiscally conservative. For all of those people within the GOP who hate Trump, if you don't like your nominee, then go form another party! A brokered convention sounds like a recipe for disaster and then we'll be stuck with Hillary. At some point, you have to listen to the voters. After all, we live in a democracy.

The other thing motivating me is how much I dislike Hillary and how much crap she hasn't gotten away with the email scandal, Benghazi, and just so many other things. Just such a horrible liar. I can't even listen to her talk because it's sounds so robotic and insincere to me ... as if she is so tired of saying those things every day and just paying lip service to her party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections