Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 09:09 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,639,726 times

Advertisements

Ventura likes both Trump and Sanders and even reiterated he would consider joining Trump as the VP nominee. But he likes them because they will destroy Democratic party and Republican party for good.

He is too extreme for my taste. He will never work with anybody, all he wanted is revenge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 09:25 AM

830 posts, read 685,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Egomania.
He says he's going to "save the country"

Quote:
“Jesse Ventura is a bright, shining new face who comes riding in on a white stallion to save the country,” Ventura said, describing what would be counted as one of the most surreal scenes in American politics.
If he's serious, he'll need to warm up to the media

Quote:
“Don’t put it on the f**king Internet,” Ventura, stone-faced, said as someone snapped an iPhone picture with an excited admirer in the convention center.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:33 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,552,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
What a buffoon he is, actually thinking people in general want him.

The said could be the same for the idiots voting for Trump. I'll take him over Trump ANY day.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:52 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,786,139 times
Jesse is the same thing as trump. An egomaniac driven by a desire for attention and power. In fact, if you want a slight preview of a trump administration, look at Jesse in mn. I voted for Jesse and was hoping he would do something to help put a knife into the two party system in mn. Problem is he did absolutely nothing to build a consensus among people to move the power away from the two parties and when he left office there was nothing left of his "party" but Dean Barkley and fifty or sixty thousand in unpaid bills. He had a real chance and wasted it with preening in the spotlight like the primadona he is.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:54 AM

21,164 posts, read 19,753,224 times
Yeah! Split the liberal vote. Revenge for 1992.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:24 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,169,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Native View Post
How many deflectors do you think he could recruit from both sides of the aisle? He would probably have a libertarian platform.

Jesse Ventura: I’ll Run for President If Bernie Loses
Why would he wait for Bernie to lose, in order to jump in with a libertarian platform? If you are a libertarian, you arent a Sanders supporter, so you'd jump in if he won, not lost.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:31 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,826,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Only total fools think that Ross Perot - who was pro-choice, pro-gun control, advocated hiking the gasoline tax by 50 cents, advocating raising upper-income-bracket taxes, opposed organized prayer in public school, and was a protectionist - split the conservative vote.

But I know some people are so desperate to explain away the fact that they got beat by Bill Clinton that they'll believe anything, no matter how completely bereft of evidentiary support that thing is.

(I probably shouldn't even point this out - conservatives refusing to learn a thing from their losses is a good thing in my book! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Why would he wait for Bernie to lose, in order to jump in with a libertarian platform? If you are a libertarian, you arent a Sanders supporter, so you'd jump in if he won, not lost.
Anyone who thinks Jesse Ventura is a libertarian either hasn't a clue about Ventura or hasn't a clue about libertarianism.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:33 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,169,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I think he'd take far more Trump supporters, who like an outsider..

Old 03-01-2016, 06:26 PM

285 posts, read 177,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You really can't be serious. He would be good for some laughs and a Trump/Ventura debate would be great for SNL Just looking at him would be a great comedy act.
YouTube his interviews on Fox News and The View. He is a kooky character, but I think he's smarter than people give him credit for.

Old 03-01-2016, 06:37 PM

407 posts, read 389,305 times
This election cycle is perfect for Jesse Ventura. I hope he gets in the race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections