Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 11:47 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,847,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Don't believe this nonsense.

You really think Republicans will vote Hillary

Conservative WON'T vote at all for GOP Presidential candidate. The no votes will be the only thing EPIC about this election!!

Old 03-01-2016, 11:49 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,847,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I voted for Rubio today.

As far as my General election vote, I will reserve judgment on my vote until we have two candidates, one Democrat and one Republican, and have had the debates between those two candidates. Those debates should be a continuation of the fun!

PS. I've been rotating watching MSNBC, CNN, and Fox today. All three networks are hammering Trump relentlessly with negative stories, pundits, politicians. Will the media matter or influence voters today on Super Tuesday?
Media will not influence nor matter to Trump voters. Possible to make a difference on last minute voters, but who knows.

The media influence will matter in the general election and Trump will be in for a blood bath should be garner the GOP nomination.

Old 03-01-2016, 11:53 AM

15,652 posts, read 10,413,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
[snip]

The media influence will matter in the general election and Trump will be in for a blood bath should be garner the GOP nomination.
I'm not so sure about that. The pundits have been wrong so far regarding Trump and the negative press has seemed to inflate Trump's popularity not diminish it.

What should be interesting is seeing the Trump and Hillary PACs go for the other's throat. There is lots of ammo on both sides and it will be a nasty, but very entertaining, campaign. I'm loving it!

Old 03-01-2016, 11:56 AM

50,390 posts, read 64,083,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I think a great number of them will, especially older voters who normally voted Republican - the folks called The GOP Establishment. They might see Trump as worst of two evils.
No, we won't. He's not my guy, but a wee part of me is a bit curious about what he would do, so if he is the candidate, which I still don't think he will be, I'll vote for him.

Old 03-01-2016, 11:57 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,491,223 times
Seriously you'd think these big three 24 hr news networks (FOX, CNN, MSNBC) should be for Trump because he creates interest and is constantly creating news. He's controversial, somewhat unbalanced, and a quote-machine. These news networks would be better off in viewership with him versus any of the other candidates. And we all know that viewership is what drives these networks.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:00 PM

273 posts, read 140,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Yup, same here. I will never vote for Trump and between Erickson, Sen. Sasse, and others I suspect I won't be alone. Some polls indicate that up to half of registered Republicans may vote for either a 3rd party, stay home, or even vote for the Hildabeast rather than vote for the fascist bigot Trump.
You are probably quoting the same people who said he wouldn't run....wait, then said he is a non factor....no really, he will dry up by the Summer. No? Well he will be done by Labor Day. Wrong again? Well no way he lasts thru the Holidays....Damn, that isn't right....but wait, he will NEVER win a state primary

Keep the predictions coming, he just keeps getting stronger and stronger

Old 03-01-2016, 12:03 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,434,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Buckle up now guys

It's gonna be epic!!

The coolest of the cool

It'll be a wrap

I voted Republican for the first time in many years. Trump it is.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:14 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I can understand that. I read that 20,000 democrats switched parties in MA and it is believed that they have hitched on to the Trump bandwagon.

Quote:
Mass. Secretary of State William Glavin attributed the switches to the "Trump phenomenon." The billionaire candidate has a significant lead over fellow top contenders Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz in recent state polls.

"The tenor of the Republican campaign has been completely different from what we've seen in prior Republican presidential campaigns," Galvin said. "You have to look no farther than the viewership for some of the televised debates.
20,000 Massachusetts Democrats switch parties before Super Tuesday | Washington Examiner

Old 03-01-2016, 12:18 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,563,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
There you go!!!

I'm sure there is a lot of people like you

Old 03-01-2016, 12:22 PM

33,582 posts, read 18,196,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I think a great number of them will, especially older voters who normally voted Republican - the folks called The GOP Establishment. They might see Trump as worst of two evils.
No way.. the older ones love Trump... he has love across the board..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections