Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 01:46 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I get that. But I'm curious about those people who often ARE interested in how other people live their lives and make decisions based on that type of issue.
I live in evangelical country, even though I don't identify myself as that. And while most of the evangelicals I know have said they are voting for Cruz, the people that I do know who are supporting Trump, all conservatives, are doing so because they feel like the Republican party has abandoned them. They are angry, and they feel that while the representatives they send to Congress are trying to do what they want, they feel like it's not just the Democratic Party opposing them, but the establishment GOP opposing them, too. And to a certain degree, they don't care what Trump stands for, they only care that Trump is opposed by the establishment GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 01:55 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,200,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
The failure of Trump's first marriage is his, true, but it was Marla Maples
who left him in the 2nd. Anyway, here's the mindset of a black pastor in
Harlem who supports Trump, assuming that you're interested in a valid
assessment, which is doubtful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGwF7D6MT_0
Isn't that the pastor that said Starbucks put semen in their lattes?

There is a guy I would look to for any advice or opinion.

Old 03-01-2016, 02:08 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,701,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I live in evangelical country, even though I don't identify myself as that. And while most of the evangelicals I know have said they are voting for Cruz, the people that I do know who are supporting Trump, all conservatives, are doing so because they feel like the Republican party has abandoned them. They are angry, and they feel that while the representatives they send to Congress are trying to do what they want, they feel like it's not just the Democratic Party opposing them, but the establishment GOP opposing them, too. And to a certain degree, they don't care what Trump stands for, they only care that Trump is opposed by the establishment GOP.
Interesting observations. Thank you.

Old 03-01-2016, 02:44 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,686,824 times
Quote:
OK. I give up. I thought it might be possible to have a real discussion, but clearly it isn't.
Asked and answered.

At this stage everything else is just bull****.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:02 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,347,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Hillary Rodham Clinton.

The first and last time you will see me print this nasty ******* name.
That would be the worse reason to support him since the polls show he is the least likely to beat her.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
That would be the worse reason to support him since the polls show he is the least likely to beat her.
Ok chicken little.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:12 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,347,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Ok chicken little.
He simply VERY few GOP voters 2nd choice. Period. HE has the highest negatives of any candidate.

He can't win a general election. There is not a pathway for him to do so.

Sorry...don't kill the messenger.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
He simply VERY few GOP voters 2nd choice. Period. HE has the highest negatives of any candidate.

He can't win a general election. There is not a pathway for him to do so.

Sorry...don't kill the messenger.
The messanger was dead on arrival.

Carry on.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:15 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,612,367 times
Quote:
If you identify yourself as a conservative or evangelical Christian and support Trump, how do you reconcile your beliefs with his lifestyle and stated beliefs?
I'm not his judge... God is.
I don't dare talk about the splinter in your eye before removing the log in mine.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:27 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,730,943 times
Quote:
First, I'm not a conservative, Christian or otherwise. Second, I agree with you about people bringing up God in the context of a business transaction. I'd be very cautious.

My question was directed to conservative Christians who support Trump because I'm wondering how they reconcile their religious beliefs with his apparent values. To me there is a disconnect and I'm wondering how they deal with it.
One of my best friends is very religious (Christian) and supports Trump. She started out supporting Carson but is now a strong Trump supporter as she really feels he has good ideas, is smart and she listens to what he says and not what the media makes it to be. Btw she is very well educated and made $ 190K annually as a single mom and has a gay sibling and still very religious.

She has lots of common sense and doesn't see colors but humans!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections