Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 01:21 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,136,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
You actually though that he would? Trump is LIBERAL? Why is it people are having a hard time realizing this?
I would say it's because everything that he has actually said, is the complete opposite of a liberal. If he gets elected, and is a liberal, then criticize all you want, it would be deserved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Depends on the position he takes. He is not exactly running against a very popular candidate.
That is why they are working so hard to put out all of this misinformation about Trump. They know it isn't going to be believed by anyone that doesn't have a bias against Trump. They need to work up the democrats to get them out to vote for a candidate they do not like, or trust (Hillary Clinton).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 01:23 PM

26,231 posts, read 22,402,522 times
What happened to reading comprehension? Lost art?

"Apparently there is a tape"? OK, who knows what "apparently" means? I don't see anyone with proof of anything.

And, if anyone had a clue about negotiations, they would realize that you start out asking for the moon and stars hoping to end up with a decent piece of the universe after you compromise.

Desperation, envy and frustration is really getting to the anti-Trumps now. Tomorrow will be a VERY long day for them.

Guess what? Another non-issue. I caucus for Trump March 5.

Old 03-01-2016, 01:24 PM

14,577 posts, read 20,874,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
People, myself included,said the same thing about the republican nomination.
GOP turnout is setting records in most states. It's due in part to new voters. If they come out in November the democrats may be under represented.

Old 03-04-2016, 09:13 AM

14,577 posts, read 20,874,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
No, someone made a completely unsubstantiated claim that Trump said it. There is absolutely no proof being offered to back this claim.

Again, there is absolutely no proof being offered to back this claim. And the main issue for Trump, and his supporters, is the economy.
Yes there is proof. It came from Trumps' own lips.

"In another eye-opening admission, he admitted discussing a more comprehensive review of his immigration platform during his off-the-record sit-down with Times. “There is always give and take, there is always negotiation," Trump said. "Without give and take, you'll never agree."

Read more: 5 takeaways from the GOP debate - POLITICO

Old 03-04-2016, 09:16 AM

30,565 posts, read 23,982,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Your 'credible source' is Yahoo! ? The website that changes a headline from four years ago and tries to pretend it's a recent article? That Yahoo?

Old 03-04-2016, 09:18 AM

39,504 posts, read 27,878,526 times
If he wouldn't, he would be the most hated person in the United States.

He has to do something, bring the job back, (doubt it), secure the border (he should be able to do it)

Old 03-04-2016, 10:10 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,187,467 times
Trump: I'm 'Changing' and 'Softening' My Position on Visas, 'We Need Highly Skilled People In This Country' - Breitbart

Right from the horse's mouth, folks.

Old 03-04-2016, 10:18 AM

2,257 posts, read 5,210,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Trump's several businesses have been hiring foreign workers on H1B visas for years. I do not expect him to either stop hiring foreign workers for his business, or as the President of this country to not support the immigration bill. As much as he wants to oppose it to gain votes, he is a business professional who understands the need for skilled immigrant workers. Even if he flip flops again on this topic, I expect him to continue his support for H1B visa.

Old 03-04-2016, 10:22 AM

39,504 posts, read 27,878,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I want to vote for him, but this video makes me go

People graduated from the best universities have never had any problems staying in the country. I don't know what Trump was talking about here in this video. Plus, There is no shortage of American STEM workers. Businesses just want STEM workers at reduced income levels, helping their bottom line but not Americans.

Old 03-04-2016, 10:54 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,187,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I want to vote for him, but this video makes me go

People graduated from the best universities have never had any problems staying in the country. I don't know what Trump was talking about here in this video. Plus, There is no shortage of American STEM workers. Businesses just want STEM workers at reduced income levels, helping their bottom line but not Americans.
My thoughts exactly. I initially supported Trump, but I'm getting increasingly skeptical of his commitment to putting American citizens first in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections