Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 11:38 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
That was a very compelling argument. With all of your evidence, and sound reasoning, I now see the truth, he is a racist.

Spoiler
Sarcasm

It really doesn't matter if YOU, already a Trump supporter, think he's a racist or not. The fact is - plenty of other people do. That includes Paul Ryan, Republican Speaker of the House - without whom Trump can accomplish nothing.

That's not sarcasm btw. That's the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 11:47 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,093,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
I've done all this, and it got ugly real fast. His own words made it ugly.

I've also bothered to look for assessments of his policies by several 'expert' organizations, and that got ugly real fast, too. I've brought up some of these assessments on the board, and been told that nobody who supports trump needs to read that stuff because it is biased, unfair, stupid... I understand that trump supporters tend to believe him when he says everyone else is stupid or out to get him, but they won't even look at the facts. How many non-trump-originated assessments of his policies have YOU read?
Post whatever you have, I'll read them, because I always have my doubts when it comes to campaign promises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It really doesn't matter if YOU, already a Trump supporter, think he's a racist or not. The fact is - plenty of other people do. That includes Paul Ryan, Republican Speaker of the House - without whom Trump can accomplish nothing.

That's not sarcasm btw. That's the truth.
The only people that actually believe that Trump is a racist, are the ones that are completely misinformed.

There is no doubt that if Trumps wins the election, he will have an uphill battle fighting the establishment, just like he's fighting them now just to get the nomination.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:55 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,166,855 times
I see Dems crossing over in the primaries to select the candidate Hillary will run against. In the states that allow that, there's no reason not to.

I think Trump and Cruz are the two weakest Republican choices for the general election.

Old 03-02-2016, 12:02 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,019,659 times
While I didn't vote for Trump, I really don't believe the guy is racist. I think he doesn't play identity politics and really doesn't even consider wedge issues in his campaign. This might be a good strategy in the end because wedge issues have been an issue for previous GOP candidates. Given his willingness to break from the far right on many wedge issues (e.g. gay marriage, Planned Parenthood), it is surprising how many far right voters he is able to get on his side.

Old 03-02-2016, 12:38 PM

609 posts, read 505,674 times
Is Trump the new Republican party?
The man has been married/divorced multiple times.
He doesn't really pander to Evangelicals. I don't remember him making many references to God or the Bible.
He doesn't talk a lot about "smaller Governments"
He wants a really inclusive Health Care system
He doesn't seem to mention Libertarian Crap (Personal liberties, small government, ...etc).
He calls himself a common sense Republican, meaning he is willing to actually negotiate and make deals.
He doesn't have a billionaire sugar daddy.
He doesn't seem to care about the Koch Brothers.
He supports Planned Parenthood.
Donal Trump has smoked his opponents both in the New England States and in the Bible Belt States, which is really rare.

Donald Trump sounds more like a Yankee Republican (from the North East) and not like the typical Southern Republican.
Evangelicals vote for him, knowing his record on various issues.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:06 PM

20,125 posts, read 16,147,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
First of all, let me say that I'm not a Republican. I politically sit in the middle, I do not have any bias for or against any candidate solely based on what party they belong to.

I've seen the articles, and the dozens of threads on here claiming that Trump is a racist. I can honestly say that no reasonable/unbiased person believes these (many of them outright ridiculous) claims.

Removing protesters from a rally, is not racist.

Temporarily stopping immigration from areas with a large numbers of radical muslims until a proper vetting system is put in place, is not racist.

Immigration reform to improve economic opportunities for the poorest Americans (including many minorities) is not racist.

Having white supremacist say they support you dose not make Trump a racist.

Now here is a few questions for you.

How many Trump speeches have you listened to, and I don't mean just a short sound bit?

How many complete interviews of Trumps have you watched, and I don't mean just a short clip taken from an interview?

Have you gone to Trump's website, and read his proposals?

I don't like either the Bush, or Clinton families, but I've at least taken the time to go to Hillary website and read her proposals. Are you even willing to make any kind of honest effort to get some unbiased information about Trump?
I take it you are not a member of one of those demographics that he has dissed. If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a duck. His words (and tweets/retweets) send chills down the spine of brown people who lived through the dark days of second class citizenship based on skin color.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:16 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,093,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I take it you are not a member of one of those demographics that he has dissed. If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a duck. His words (and tweets/retweets) send chills down the spine of brown people who lived through the dark days of second class citizenship based on skin color.

Then why are minorities voting for him more than any other Republican in decades?

I'm sorry, but I'm just not buying that anyone really believes that Trump is a racist.

Listen, Trumps isn't perfect, nobody is, but the man isn't a racist.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:18 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,839,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post
Correct. He is uniting the teabagger wing with the KKK wing of the Republican Party.

Sorry, but the one of the founding leaders of the Tea Party movement has publicly stated her support of Cruz. I have no friends, family or anyone else I know who identify as members of the Tea Party that are in any way in support of Trump. They are firm Cruz supporters and will not vote if Trump is the GOP candidate.

As for the KKK wing, that would mean that Trump is drawing members from the democrat party, since the KKK was created by them.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:20 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,030,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henriInCary View Post
Is Trump the new Republican party?
The man has been married/divorced multiple times.
He doesn't really pander to Evangelicals. I don't remember him making many references to God or the Bible.
He doesn't talk a lot about "smaller Governments"
He wants a really inclusive Health Care system
He doesn't seem to mention Libertarian Crap (Personal liberties, small government, ...etc).
He calls himself a common sense Republican, meaning he is willing to actually negotiate and make deals.
He doesn't have a billionaire sugar daddy.
He doesn't seem to care about the Koch Brothers.
He supports Planned Parenthood.
Donal Trump has smoked his opponents both in the New England States and in the Bible Belt States, which is really rare.

Donald Trump sounds more like a Yankee Republican (from the North East) and not like the typical Southern Republican.
Evangelicals vote for him, knowing his record on various issues.

Yep.

Main problem I have with him is that he's a nasty loud mouthed sarcastic arrogant braggart and jerk.

But from a (what we know of) policy perspective, he's basically a populist and far less offensive then a whack job like Cruz.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:23 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,839,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Truth! Trump is the best thing to happen to the Republican party since Reagan!
Trump is to the GOP as Lincoln was to the Whigs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections