Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 08:15 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,094,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
For all of you who declare that trump isn't racist... it is clear that he, at minimum, supports racism, and that a lot of his supporters are actually racist.

I understand that you won't read the link if you support trump. Perhaps if you did, you might see yourself in the attitudes of the people in action there...

Here's A Running List Of Racist Things That Have Happened At Trump Rallies
Removing people that are disrupting a private event, is not racist.

Everybody has the right to protest, but nobody has the right to disrupt a private event. There are several disruptions at every Trump event by protesters. These people are wrong, period. If you want to protest, that's fine, but do it in an appropriate time, and place.

Nobody believes that Trump is a racist. You are wasting your time with this phony racism stuff, nobody is buying it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 08:20 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

Everybody has the right to protest, but nobody has the right to disrupt a private event. There are several disruptions at every Trump event by protesters. These people are wrong, period. If you want to protest, that's fine, but do it in an appropriate time, and place.

Nobody believes that Trump is a racist. You are wasting your time with this phony racism stuff, nobody is buying it.
At least half the country is buying it and believe that, at the very minimum, Trump is encouraging racism and his supporters act it out.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:24 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,477,771 times
Quote:
Nobody believes that Trump is a racist.
A lot of people believe that Trump is a racist. Some Trump supporters believe this and it's one of the reasons that they support him.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:24 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,448,225 times
I think it's kind of crazy that the GOP "leaders" are trying to do everything they can to bring down Trump.
I think these tactics and having Romney say how terrible Trump is will only fuel more people to vote for Trump.
It's already come out that people are voting for Trump mostly because they feel betrayed by the GOP...and now these same people are going to try to force Cruz or Rubio down voter's throats?

The Republican voters have spoken and they want Trump. I also read there are a lot of Bernie supporters that would rather vote for Trump than Hillary.

It's crazy that these GOP leaders are willing to risk it. They must think their voters are really dumb. I see them using all kinds of fear tactics. If Trump is President we will go into deep recession,etc. Based on what?

Old 03-03-2016, 08:33 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,271,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I think it's kind of crazy that the GOP "leaders" are trying to do everything they can to bring down Trump.
I think these tactics and having Romney say how terrible Trump is will only fuel more people to vote for Trump.
It's already come out that people are voting for Trump mostly because they feel betrayed by the GOP...and now these same people are going to try to force Cruz or Rubio down voter's throats?

The Republican voters have spoken and they want Trump. I also read there are a lot of Bernie supporters that would rather vote for Trump than Hillary.

It's crazy that these GOP leaders are willing to risk it. They must think their voters are really dumb. I see them using all kinds of fear tactics. If Trump is President we will go into deep recession,etc. Based on what?
The establishment is completely clueless. The more of these folks line up to attack Trump, the more it validates Trump's message, and increases Trump's support.

If Romney wanted to be gracious, he'd come out and say "while we may not agree on everything, our party is a big tent with diverse views. We must unify behind the front runner in order to defeat Hillary."

Old 03-03-2016, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I see Dems crossing over in the primaries to select the candidate Hillary will run against. In the states that allow that, there's no reason not to.

I think Trump and Cruz are the two weakest Republican choices for the general election.
This is the same message that the establishment uses. The Republicans have not run either a truly conservative candidate (Cruz) or a man the people are excited about (Trump), arguably since Reagan. We've had moderate after moderate. The last two brought us defeat.

Old 03-03-2016, 09:03 AM

465 posts, read 256,878 times
Quote:

Nobody thinks he's racist? Is that why Trump is the most disliked candidate since 92? From US News:

"But on a national level, Trump is deeply unpopular, earning a 60 percent disapproval rating in Gallup polling, the highest negatives a presidential candidate has reached since Gallup first began asking the question in 1992."

Hate to break it to you, but those numbers are largely because people think he, and his ilk are racists.
If it was just because he was rude (or Non-PC as you enablers like to call it), Celebrity Apprentice wouldn't have been as popular as it was. You don't have to believe me though, I'll check with you all the day after election day.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:30 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,448,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
The establishment is completely clueless. The more of these folks line up to attack Trump, the more it validates Trump's message, and increases Trump's support.

If Romney wanted to be gracious, he'd come out and say "while we may not agree on everything, our party is a big tent with diverse views. We must unify behind the front runner in order to defeat Hillary."
Yes and both of the GOP front runners have taken huge donations from these special interests.
People are tired of the political game and lobbyists and big corporations making the rules.
Sure it's possible Trump might still cater to special interests after elected, but there is much bigger likelyhood or even a guarantee that Rubio or Cruz would.

When you take money or 'gifts' from someone and especially if you intentionally cater to them in order to get these gifts of money then you OWE them something.

It's really amazing that Christie is being really beat up for going with Trump. It's almost as if people are acting like he joined the other party and decided to endorse Clinton or Sanders

Old 03-03-2016, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yes and both of the GOP front runners have taken huge donations from these special interests.
People are tired of the political game and lobbyists and big corporations making the rules.
Sure it's possible Trump might still cater to special interests after elected, but there is much bigger likelyhood or even a guarantee that Rubio or Cruz would.

When you take money or 'gifts' from someone and especially if you intentionally cater to them in order to get these gifts of money then you OWE them something.

It's really amazing that Christie is being really beat up for going with Trump. It's almost as if people are acting like he joined the other party and decided to endorse Clinton or Sanders
Christie look god awful in the speech the other night. He looked disgusted with himself and disgusted to be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections