Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 07:50 PM

35,131 posts, read 31,412,038 times

Advertisements

Just said this in his news conference and I completely agree with it. He is winning a wide cross-section across the party among disparate groups that typically wouldn't vote for the same candidate. He's run up massive numbers that Republicans haven't been able to do. I like how he's also softening up on Cruz and including Christie.

The media is way underestimating the strength of the Trump coalition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 07:58 PM

549 posts, read 626,571 times
Correct. He is uniting the teabagger wing with the KKK wing of the Republican Party.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:01 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,845,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post
Correct. He is uniting the teabagger wing with the KKK wing of the Republican Party.
Did you come up with that all by yourself? You are quite clever.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:06 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,295,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Just said this in his news conference and I completely agree with it. He is winning a wide cross-section across the party among disparate groups that typically wouldn't vote for the same candidate. He's run up massive numbers that Republicans haven't been able to do. I like how he's also softening up on Cruz and including Christie.

Well, he's definitely expanded Christie.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Well, he's definitely expanded Christie.
I'm sure Trump has been taking him to the finest dining establishments.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:56 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,097,744 times
The GOP, the RNC, the establishment, the money people, the RINO's, the media have consistently said that the Republican party must be more inclusive, more open to all, have a bigger tent. Well, Trump has expanded the party, but they don't want him. They wanted JEB but now they want gang of 8 Marco.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:07 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,043,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post

This is actually true. Just look at the GOP primaries. One record turnout after another versus the rather low turnout for the left. I can say the Democrats have a harder time getting motivation with Hillary because their platform seems to be the "anti-Trump" vote and ask the GOP how that worked for Romney in 2012 - it's far easier to win if you're voting for something instead of against the 'other guy'. But Trump seems to really resonate with working class in particular and it doesn't seem to be limited to only normally GOP voters.

If nothing else, this is shaking up the GOP, that's for sure.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
This is actually true. Just look at the GOP primaries. One record turnout after another versus the rather low turnout for the left. I can say the Democrats have a harder time getting motivation with Hillary because their platform seems to be the "anti-Trump" vote and ask the GOP how that worked for Romney in 2012 - it's far easier to win if you're voting for something instead of against the 'other guy'. But Trump seems to really resonate with working class in particular and it doesn't seem to be limited to only normally GOP voters.

Trump is speaking to what the common man, at least white man, on the street is thinking, and they are turning out in droves for him.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:12 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,504,940 times
Truth! Trump is the best thing to happen to the Republican party since Reagan!

Old 03-01-2016, 09:15 PM

29,610 posts, read 16,600,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post

Republicans have had record turnout, that is true. That doesnt mean he is expanding the party.

Democrats however, have not had low turn out as you claim. It is simply lower than 2008 which was a record year in most states. turn out is above 2004 as a percentage.

Also, none of the Democrats who ran this year were Anti Trump. Not a single Hillary Clinton commercial that I have seen air even mentions him where as all of his seem to mention her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections