Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 09:00 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times

Advertisements

I had to walk away from the TV with Cruz still talking. I think Rubio is an empty suit but I think Cruz is a big fat liar lawyer.

He calls Trump a Washington dealmaker. Really? Trump? Washington?

He says Trump wants to ration healthcare. I've listened to just about every Trump speech and he never said any such thing.

He says Trump funded The Gang of 8. Really? Trump funded Senator Rubio and his Gang partners?

Then Cruz promised to abolish the IRS. That ain't ever gonna happen. It's a flat out lie that the media never calls politicians on. I wish some moderator would call him on that. No matter what tax system you have and no matter whether individuals or business reports the tax, someone has to write the forms and instructions, collect overdue tax payments, audit the returns, process the forms and payments, transcribe and store the data, answer questions, take the tax criminals to court, etc...

I had to roll my eyes when I heard, "In our country's darkest hour..." Have you ever listened to a Cruz speech on the Senate floor? Just shoot me now.

Meanwhile, in Trump's news conference he said Ted worked hard for his win.

God only knows what Cruz was lying about after I walked away from the TV.

I was watching CNN. Anderson Cooper keeps making fun of Rubio's victory speeches for no victories. Earlier this evening he said he hoped he'd never have to hear another one...and then he did. Earlier tonight Jake Tapper said the only thing Rubio won was a news cycle but no states (Minnesota and Alaska not in yet).

God, I hate lawyers. Rant off.

Unrelated, Mary Catherine Ham left Fox News for CNN. She was on Tapper's pre-primary show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 09:11 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,470 times
They were firing off those lies like automatic weapons, extremely hard to watch. I guess that's the strategy. Oh and Rubio smiling a lot.

I do think Tapper has gone from being befuddled to concerned about Rubio denial. I like his line 'Rubio not only has to fight Trump and Cruz, he has to fight math.' lol

Old 03-01-2016, 09:11 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
Not everyone can be Mr. Trump.

Mick

P.S. Everybody hates lawyers until their son is crying his eyes out, because he is deathly afraid of going to prison . . . to get turned out by some punk ass named Wyz'Quante O'Reilly (. . . and you thought I was going to say something racist) who will trade him to friends (naturally with apostrophes in their names) for individual cigarettes.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:26 PM

20,124 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Rubio has been called for Minnesota by several news outlets, so we need a different narrative than "he hasn't won any states."

Old 03-01-2016, 09:29 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,337,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I had to walk away from the TV with Cruz still talking. I think Rubio is an empty suit but I think Cruz is a big fat liar lawyer.

He calls Trump a Washington dealmaker. Really? Trump? Washington?

He says Trump wants to ration healthcare. I've listened to just about every Trump speech and he never said any such thing.

He says Trump funded The Gang of 8. Really? Trump funded Senator Rubio and his Gang partners?

Then Cruz promised to abolish the IRS. That ain't ever gonna happen. It's a flat out lie that the media never calls politicians on. I wish some moderator would call him on that. No matter what tax system you have and no matter whether individuals or business reports the tax, someone has to write the forms and instructions, collect overdue tax payments, audit the returns, process the forms and payments, transcribe and store the data, answer questions, take the tax criminals to court, etc...

I had to roll my eyes when I heard, "In our country's darkest hour..." Have you ever listened to a Cruz speech on the Senate floor? Just shoot me now.

Meanwhile, in Trump's news conference he said Ted worked hard for his win.

God only knows what Cruz was lying about after I walked away from the TV.

I was watching CNN. Anderson Cooper keeps making fun of Rubio's victory speeches for no victories. Earlier this evening he said he hoped he'd never have to hear another one...and then he did. Earlier tonight Jake Tapper said the only thing Rubio won was a news cycle but no states (Minnesota and Alaska not in yet).

God, I hate lawyers. Rant off.

Unrelated, Mary Catherine Ham left Fox News for CNN. She was on Tapper's pre-primary show.
Those are all true statements

Old 03-01-2016, 09:41 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Rubio has been called for Minnesota by several news outlets, so we need a different narrative than "he hasn't won any states."
OK, so he won a state that has also been won by Jesse Ventura and Al Franken. They know how to pick 'em in MN.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:52 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,908,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
He won in a state that will likely vote "blue" in November, and it's his only victory out of 15 states. He usually does victory laps after finishing 3rd--one wonders what he'll do now..

Old 03-01-2016, 09:56 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
He won in a state that will likely vote "blue" in November, and it's his only victory out of 15 states. He usually does victory laps after finishing 3rd--one wonders what he'll do now..
My guess is that he is in his hotel room practicing being sworn in, or practicing his new stand up routine against Trump and adding some new material about Cruz.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:04 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times
I know. He was really just going off with all these ridiculous lies, and people were eating it right up. I can't tell who's more stupid, voters or Cruz himself.

It boggles my mind that they can just go lie like that. Reminiscent of when his campaign tweeted that Carson had dropped out of the race right before the Iowa caucus. Then Cruz tries to pretend like he didn't know, and they made a mistake... does he think we were born yesterday? He's a scumbag who will do whatever he thinks he has to to win, and that's definitely not the type of person I want for president. Sure, maybe ALL of them do this, and in that case I really don't want any of them, but damn is Cruz so open about it. At least try to be sly. Don't just tell blatant lies over and over again, even after getting caught.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:55 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Not everyone can be Mr. Trump.

Mick

P.S. Everybody hates lawyers until their son is crying his eyes out, because he is deathly afraid of going to prison . . . to get turned out by some punk ass named Wyz'Quante O'Reilly (. . . and you thought I was going to say something racist) who will trade him to friends (naturally with apostrophes in their names) for individual cigarettes.
Good thing I don't have kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections