Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2016, 12:05 AM

4,840 posts, read 9,959,490 times

Advertisements

That does it. I'm definitely voting for Hillary now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 01:19 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,217,890 times
The judge ruled that the records will be unsealed:

Documents In Trump U. Lawsuit To Be Unsealed, Including Playbooks | NBC 7 San Diego

Old 05-28-2016, 02:12 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,280,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
“What happens is the judge, who happens to be, we believe, Mexican, which is great. I think that’s fine,” Mr. Trump said.

Trump said Mexicans love him. So this is going to work out well for him then.

Maybe he can pander to the judge by calling him a rapist. Just a thought.

Old 05-28-2016, 08:19 AM

13,677 posts, read 10,073,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
This is like Burger King claiming they have the best hamburger.. I mean really? Is this all you have?
Um, a hamburger costs between $1 and $7. If it's not actually the best hamburger you'll be okay.

People trusted Donald with their hard earned money in order to make a better life for themselves and he lied and ripped them off.

Straight up scam.

No matter how you slice the onions.

Old 05-28-2016, 08:28 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,995,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Um, a hamburger costs between $1 and $7. If it's not actually the best hamburger you'll be okay.

People trusted Donald with their hard earned money in order to make a better life for themselves and he lied and ripped them off.

Straight up scam.

No matter how you slice the onions.
At least he hasn't killed anyone, like Hillary did in Benghazi.

Old 05-28-2016, 08:39 AM

13,677 posts, read 10,073,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
At least he hasn't killed anyone, like Hillary did in Benghazi.
I'm sure that's great comfort to those who lost their savings and had their dreams crushed.

Old 05-28-2016, 08:39 AM

13,734 posts, read 9,076,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Why does Trump continue to ridicule the judge? I guess Trump's lawyers have a hard time muzzling him.

I imagine that Mr. Trump is operating under this theory, which has been attempted by others in the past:

A defendant (usually they are famous, hence able to get their statements in the media) will issues various statements about how corrupt the presiding judge is in an upcoming trial. Perhaps not corrupt, but any inflammatory language will suffice.

Then, at the start of the trial, said defendant will submit a motion arguing that said judge should recuse him or herself from the trial, on the basis that said judge is prejudiced against the defendant. The 'evidence' will be the inflammatory statements made by the defendant, and the theory that the judge, having presumably heard such statements, is now prejudiced against the defendant. If the presiding judge denies the motion, the defendant will ask for an immediate appeal to a higher court, hence, they hope, delaying the trial.

It is a ploy that rarely, if ever, works. Yet, it is occasionally attempted (I seem to recall that some Hollywood producer or director tried this some years ago).

I believe that Mr. Trump is proceeding on this basis.

Sad!

Old 05-28-2016, 08:48 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,133,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I imagine that Mr. Trump is operating under this theory, which has been attempted by others in the past:

A defendant (usually they are famous, hence able to get their statements in the media) will issues various statements about how corrupt the presiding judge is in an upcoming trial. Perhaps not corrupt, but any inflammatory language will suffice.

Then, at the start of the trial, said defendant will submit a motion arguing that said judge should recuse him or herself from the trial, on the basis that said judge is prejudiced against the defendant. The 'evidence' will be the inflammatory statements made by the defendant, and the theory that the judge, having presumably heard such statements, is now prejudiced against the defendant. If the presiding judge denies the motion, the defendant will ask for an immediate appeal to a higher court, hence, they hope, delaying the trial.

It is a ploy that rarely, if ever, works. Yet, it is occasionally attempted (I seem to recall that some Hollywood producer or director tried this some years ago).

I believe that Mr. Trump is proceeding on this basis.

Sad!
That was Sheriff Arpaio's whole defense strategy. He launched an "investigation" of the judge presiding over his federal case, then made a motion that the judge should be recused from the case because the investigation made him biased.

And now old Joe is facing criminal contempt charges and will probably end up in prison.

I do hope Trump continues to bad mouth the judge. It can only help the prosecution at this point. Idiot.

Old 05-28-2016, 08:51 AM

13,734 posts, read 9,076,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
That was Sheriff Arpaio's whole defense strategy. He launched an "investigation" of the judge presiding over his federal case, then made a motion that the judge should be recused from the case because the investigation made him biased.

And now old Joe is facing criminal contempt charges and will probably end up in prison.

I do hope Trump continues to bad mouth the judge. It can only help the prosecution at this point. Idiot.
Thanks! I had forgotten about ol' Joe.

Old 05-28-2016, 10:51 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,341,792 times
Trump took advantage of his San Diego rally to bash the Hispanic judge presiding over the Trump University trial and to 'presidentially' complain how very unfairly he's been treated. How very mature of him.

While he childishly whined about the judge (who Trump claimed is Mexican, but who was born in Chicago) and went into great details of the case, many of his supporters got bored and left the rally. He doesn't seem to get that they come for entertainment, not deep thought on his legal problems.

"...But the bulk of Trump’s remarks were devoted to settling scores with several of his perceived adversaries including "bloodsuckers" in the media and the federal judge in his upcoming civil fraud trial over the now-defunct Trump University.

Trump delivered a lengthy monologue about the years-old case involving students who claim they were defrauded by Trump’s real estate “university.” He delved so deeply into details of the case -- at one point, he talked about the origin of the name of the law firm representing him -- that he seemed to lose the attention of his crowd.

As Trump railed about the case for about 10 minutes, dozens of those at the rally left the building..."

"I’m getting railroaded by the legal system," Trump said. "Frankly, they should be ashamed."
Curiel is a former U.S. prosecutor who focused on drug prosecutions, including Mexican cartels.

Trump lashes out at judge, critics | SanDiegoUnionTribune.com

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...storm-streets/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections